The Big TMM Custom Canon Collaboration Project

Take a look and tell me what you think

A place where people can create and share their own monsters and world settings.

Do you want to be a part of this?

Hell yes! (Leave a comment please)
20%
Hell no! (If you're going to say anything, be tactful about it)
No votes
I'll consider it (If you think you might or might not join, leaving a comment of some kind would be appreciated)
80%

Total votes: 10

Unsealed
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: FLUFFY TAIL
Favorite Monster Type: You'd be surprised~

Re: The Big TMM Custom Canon Collaboration Project

Post by Unsealed »

Hmmm. Well, if no one has a major problem with the Statement of Purpose, then we can move onto brainstorming if we want. Makes it possible to answer that.

I can think of a few ways that Monsters, and Monster Girls, came to be, and I'm sure that there are plenty of us with their own ideas as well. If we want, we could perform a sort of experiment and try making the whole setting via Democratic Process using polls. I don't think it's a very good idea, but it would be interesting to do, and would reflect the general interests of the board. It just might not be that... coherent. Plot holes would be a serious threat with that. If we did try it, though, we could accept suggestions from the Forumites in this thread or in individual ones set up for each major topic using a subforum and then have the ones used chosen through Polls.

Anyway, for my own suggestions, I'd say the following:
Spoiler: show
I suggest using a system similar to Myst from Final Fantasy or Seithr from Blazblue which warps the natural environment and life, thus producing Monsters. Monster Girls are the result of Monsters being further warped by this power into more humanoid forms. As they are things which aspire to humanity, they are naturally attracted to humans. In this setting, I would suggest using Monster Boys as well as Girls, unless we intend to implement some sort of modifier that explains why the creatures are always female. In this way, Monster Girls can retain some of their behavior as Monsters in the form of drives and instincts while still being, more or less, nonviolent towards humans. This allows us to directly port most MG's from the MGE, and maybe even some from MGQ, without having to change their behavior. This system can also be used to explain magic and paranormal phenomena.

As for the Demon Lord, I would argue that there is a set hierarchy of Monsters in at least one land. A sort of Empire for Monstrous Races. The head of this empire would be the Overlord, with Demon Lords representing provincial rulers and Monster Lords governing territories on the frontlines with other civilizations. In this way, Monsters may have rival political factions, resulting in some Monsters who are evil, and some who are not, with the evil ones giving the others a bad reputation. Political redtape can be used to keep the Overlord from acting, despite being the most powerful force among Monsterkind.

Other Monsters that are not human-like should probably have a different name. Call them Fiends or some such. Hardliners against the Monstrous Races would likely lump the dangerous Fiends and the more-or-less benign Monsters together in the same group, citing their origins as cause to mistrust them.
I'd very much like to hear other peoples' ideas here. This is the kind of thing that needs a lot of input from the people who are going to use it.
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The inactive

Post by Drazzimyr »

Guys...? Is anyone around...?
Unsealed
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Unsealed »

Still lurking here. Not sure if anyone else is paying much attention. I've basically been waiting for some input from people.
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

No one's added anything for a long time by this point.... *Ultra-Sadface*
Unsealed
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Unsealed »

Yeah. Either that means that there's little interest in building a specific canon setting for the Monster Multiverse, the Statement is more-or-less fine as-is, or the whole thing is so far wrong that no one wants to be involved.

Probably, it's a combination of the first two, since we opted for a structured route rather than just wildly brainstorming. The latter keeps interest going, even if it can make a setting with a lot of holes. The former produces a better work in the long run, though.
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

Hopefully it's the first two reason at the very least, I just want you people to add something!
axc_o
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Emotional Hermit
Favorite Monster Type: Alraune
Location: In my Yggdrasil home-tree, at my personal dimension

Post by axc_o »

OR not everyone has as enough free time to focus in the proyect. well, at least I don't since I have ADHD and every free time I find needs to be used in a different thing
"Don't let the tears for losing the sun prevent you from seeing the stars"
L337 m4n
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lord Shadow
Favorite Monster Type: Imps and kunoichi

Post by L337 m4n »

Well it's in this area of custom-profiles and I did say I'd have some profiles ready so here you go. Hope these make for good residents of the world. At least for a part of it.

Sea Snake

Lamia Family, Aquatic Type

Habitat: Oceans, Jungle Rivers
Disposition: Jealous, Self-Deprecating
Diet: Animal Flesh

A race of water-dwelling Lamia, the Sea Snake has feeling of jealousy towards members of the Mermaid race. As she swims around the water's surface, she sees the romantic endeavors of the Mermaid, and bemoans her inability to draw men towards her as they appear able to do.

Because of this inferiority complex, many a Sea Snake will simply rush forward and snatch away men who are being drawn towards a Mermaid's song, and pretend to be the Mermaid in question, in order to mate with the man. This tactic causes them to feel great shame for using such a cheap tactic (and deep down, they know their bitterness towards Mermaids is not rational), and they will admit the truth of their deception, and demand the man leave her to find the Mermaid he was charmed by.

Should a man decide to stay with the Sea Snake, however, she will become utterly devoted to him in every way, and will finally feel fulfilled, letting go of her jealousy towards Mermaids.

Giant Tortoise

Terrapin Family, Aquatic Type

Habitat: Lakes, rivers, etc.
Disposition: Calm, Lazy
Diet: Carnivorous, mostly fish.

An amphibious type of Mamono that inhabits most bodies of waters, and are commonly seen in the same areas that Kappa inhabit. As would be expected, a Giant Tortoise's lifestyle is not a very active one. They are mostly content to float in the water, moving in no particular direction. They are a very amiable species, and act friendly towards humans and all fellow races of Mamono. Many will even act as ferries across lakes and large rivers. Although, if their "passenger" is a man they find handsome, they may ask to mate as "payment."

A man who accepts should be prepared. Giant Tortoises are notorious for the massive amount of time it takes to climax, and they will not their lovemaking until they achieve this goal. Men should be ready for almost excruciatingly long sessions, as the average session is said to be 6 hours. Some are said to take up to 15.

Once finished, a man if free to seek further companionship and lovemaking from her, or to leave whenever he sees fit. If he leaves at any point, the Giant Tortoise will continue going on its usual lifestyle. To some, they seem uncaring and uninterested in long-term love, but this is not true. They simply don't want to make anyone unhappy by making them think they have to stay.

If a Giant Tortoise is seen floating belly-up in the waters, she is mourning for a love that has left her.

Tyranno

Lizard Family, Dinosaur Type

Habitat: Canyons, Dry Valleys
Disposition: Selfish, Brutish
Diet: Carnivorous, small and large animals, etc.

A stronger, yet cruder, cousin to the Lizardman, a Tyranno chooses to use its immense strength for self-fulfillment, rather than self-improvement. Despite this glaring difference, the two treat each other with some respect, and will not interfere with the affairs of the other.

A Tyranno's entire lifestyle revolves around fulfilling their three basic appetites: sleep, food, and sex. To that end, they are not afraid to use brute force to get what they want, and while other Mamono will use trickery and tactics to steal, a Tyranno will simply push one down and take what they want. This includes men already in the hands of another Mamono. For this reason, many Mamono will avoid known Tyranno-inhabited areas.

For men not already taken by other Mamono, a Tyranno will simply run up and spirit him away to their home, and force themselves on him. He is then regarded as hers, and she will see fit to "use" him whenever the desire strikes her.

Interestingly, Tyrannos show vastly different personalities once they have coupled with a man. While many Tyrannos will fight over food and territory, a Tyranno will never try to take another Tyranno's man. In addition, although a Tyranno considers her mate as property, her treatment of him is also somewhat contradictory. For example, gathered food will be taken to the Tyranno's home, and will be offered to her mate, and she will not eat until he has had his fill.

This attitude change is directed towards children, as well. Threatening the life of a Tyranno's children or mate is a swift way to invite death, as the Tyranno is fully prepared to die to protect them. Their massive strength, however, ensures that they never have to go that far.

(Note: Although most researchers agree to the relation between the Tyranno and the Lizardman, a small minority believes they may actually be more akin to Dragons. There is little evidence to support this, however.)

Bobcat
Cat Family
Beastman Type

Habitat: Forests, near sparsely settled areas
Disposition: Selfish, Lustful, Wild, Devoted
Diet: Omnivorous, prefers meat

A relative of the Werecat, the Bobcat is a much more feral cousin, preferring to stay away from heavily populated areas. Visually, they are similar to the Werecat, with notable differences. They are typically larger than the average Werecat, standing usually about a head taller. They are stronger and typically faster, able to scale tall trees in seconds. Their fur is much wilder in appearance, matching their personality, and they typically let the hair on their heads grow very long. They view this as a sign of skill; They cut it off themselves if they ever fail to catch a meal or mate.

Nocturnal in nature, they come out at night to hunt for prey and mates, so an encounter with one is typically rare. However, despite their choice of habitat, they don't hate humans. In fact, they often relax around houses in the night, often observing the people within. They are extremely stealthy, and regardless of how good a humans reflexes may be, he won't see a Bobcat unless they want to be seen. While out hunting, they move silently through the trees, stalking their pray with their keen eyes. Once they catch and subdue a meal, they let loose a primal scream that echoes through the forest. The scream sounds almost like a woman suffering intensely, and it can send shivers down the spine of even a battle hardened warrior. Why they do this is still unclear.

If a man does see a Bobcat in his window, he can be assured that if he were to ever leave the house at night, she would immediately pounce him, nuzzling him and licking his face. They also typically initiate intercourse in this way, though they won't force a man into sex unless they are in heat. If, however, they find a man travelling their forest at night, they will become more forceful, but they won't harm him if they can help it. If the man puts up enough of a fight, preventing her from having her way with him, she will fall for him, becoming devoted to him. This is both a good, and a momentarily bad thing. Once the man lets his guard down, she will claw him, leaving deep marks in his flesh. She doesn't do this out of spite, she's marking her territory, and she only does it once. She will become exceedingly violent if any other Mamono approach her husband, all too willing to protect her mate, her children, or both, whichever the case may be.

Just as a Werecat, they enter heat more often the deeper their feelings for their husband are. They are extremely energetic in bed, often wearing themselves and their husband out extremely quickly. Once they have been satisfied, they are usually content to snuggle up to their mate, often purring happily as they fall asleep in his arms.
------

Hope these profiles satisfy for now. Give opinions on these and stuff.
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

Alright, I get it. No one's going to participate because they either too busy with real life or simply don't care about this project in the way I do. It was foolish of me to start this and I apologize for wasting the time and energy of all the people who participated.

-Locking Topic-