Lamia

"Succubus of the Desert"

A place where people can create and share their own monsters and world settings.
Tsar CUBE
World
World
Official Title: God of TMM
Personal Title: Resident Angry Scientist
Favorite Monster Type: Succubi

Lamia

Post by Tsar CUBE »

Lamia Profile 1.jpg
Lamia Profile 2.jpg
So... I realise that my English may have holes in it, so if anyone sees any typos, spelling errors or grammar mistakes then please tell me! :^^:

Also, if you think something can be worded better then do mention it, as I am still new to this. :^^;:

More of these to come, now that I finally perfected the borders... will probably even make a section just for them here in the custom profiles, so i can fit my whole world in there. :nerd:

(Before anyone asks, I made everything in the above two images myself) :hero:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimmyRuss
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: King of Scylla
Favorite Monster Type: Sabriel the Scylla

Re: Lamia

Post by JimmyRuss »

Although I do enjoy the idea of lamias in giant stretches of chocolate cake, I think you've mistaken 'desert' for 'dessert'.
Tsar CUBE
World
World

Post by Tsar CUBE »

JimmyRuss wrote:Image

Although I do enjoy the idea of lamias in giant stretches of chocolate cake, I think you've mistaken 'desert' for 'dessert'.
:wall:

Thanks for pointing it out, I was stupid to not check it :^^;:
Kurosawa
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf

Post by Kurosawa »

Putting aside the thing about dessert and desert, the text is a bit...long. try to make some sentences a bit shorter and sum actions up some more.
I mean, this is supposed to be a general description of the lamia and not a detailed report on her behaviour or something, right ?
And besides that I think she is a bit....powerful. I mean, only the very strongwilled ones can break free of her gaze and singing and then they'll even end up cursed most of the time ? Feels like beeing human is more than just dangerous ^ ^'''

Anyway, besides the length and this feeling of....her beeing overpowered, you did a good job and I like the picture as well.
Praise the Fur Mistresses \O_O/
Observer
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Stranger
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Arachne and Scylla

Post by Observer »

Well, let's just say it's a good try, the profile image is a plus. Except for the curses, although I think the Naga from Indian mythology can curse people with infertility, I've already seen lamias with the abilities you mentioned.

Also, you say they live on ringworlds? I'd like to see you expand on that. I always like a good setting.
"I like to watch."
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Are you working on your own universe now Tsar? This seems to be the makings of a book. I don't have much constructive things to say about the text, but she does seem really scary and powerful...I can see why you liked my quickslime. ^^;

One thing though, I love the book border. I can appreciate the work it took to make that look as good as it does. The texture on the paper almost looks wet, but it's nice that you didn't go for the "pee stained" book color.
Tsar CUBE
World
World

Post by Tsar CUBE »

Kurosawa wrote:Putting aside the thing about dessert and desert, the text is a bit...long. try to make some sentences a bit shorter and sum actions up some more.
I mean, this is supposed to be a general description of the lamia and not a detailed report on her behaviour or something, right ?
And besides that I think she is a bit....powerful. I mean, only the very strongwilled ones can break free of her gaze and singing and then they'll even end up cursed most of the time ? Feels like beeing human is more than just dangerous ^ ^'''

Anyway, besides the length and this feeling of....her beeing overpowered, you did a good job and I like the picture as well.
Well the profile is supposed to be detailed :^^;:

Her being overpowered can be blamed on original mythology to some degree... but yes they are meant to be on the higher end of the power scale.
Observer wrote:Well, let's just say it's a good try, the profile image is a plus. Except for the curses, although I think the Naga from Indian mythology can curse people with infertility, I've already seen lamias with the abilities you mentioned.

Also, you say they live on ringworlds? I'd like to see you expand on that. I always like a good setting.
Thanks, I plan to expand on the ring worlds when I write the setting pages, just wanted to do the ten profiles first.
Feathers wrote:Are you working on your own universe now Tsar? This seems to be the makings of a book. I don't have much constructive things to say about the text, but she does seem really scary and powerful...I can see why you liked my quickslime. ^^;

One thing though, I love the book border. I can appreciate the work it took to make that look as good as it does. The texture on the paper almost looks wet, but it's nice that you didn't go for the "pee stained" book color.
Yeah, all the pictures after the Lamia that I drew where meant for that universe of mine... just took so damn long to draw ten :@_@:

I plan to make a book with ten profiles and a setting info :3

For the paper texture, I was trying to go for a more "white marble" look to fit with the border. Yellow paper look wouldn't really fit the more futuristic setting.

I was supposed to publish the Dark Elf last night but GW 2 got the better of me, might publish her today/tomorrow... :^^;:
Kmon13
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lv. 124 Dark Knight and Bard
Favorite Monster Type: Amazoness, Alp, Kunoichi,
Location: Royce, Capital of the Black Rose Republic (What once started an small inn grew into a nation)

Post by Kmon13 »

Can't wait to see it Tsar ... :perv:

But one question :nerd:

Will you be doing bio of a Valkyrie /Dark Valkyrie in the future I really liked what you done with the Lamina... :love: :serenade:
:nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed:

The right to live free without fear of death should be granted and enjoyed by all beings Mamono, human, or Otherwise.

Least liked Mamono:Mamono who rape!

Tales of the Black Rose Inn...
Destined Paths Of Eden
Lilith Academy Chronicles
Monster Girl Apocalypse Journals
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Ahh marble look, I completely overlooked that. Apologies for my ignorance. That's a unique idea and fits well. :) I dislike "yellow" paper as I said, so it is a nice step up in my opinion.
Tsar CUBE
World
World

Post by Tsar CUBE »

Kmon13 wrote:Can't wait to see it Tsar ... :perv:

Will you be doing bio of a Valkyrie /Dark Valkyrie in the future I really liked what you done with the Lamina... :love: :serenade:
As I have drawn the Valkyrie already, YES, I will be making her profile, however she will be the tenth profile I make as I drew her last :^^;:

Dark Valkyrie hasn't been drawn yet so she will come out in a different booklet :3
Feathers wrote:Ahh marble look, I completely overlooked that. Apologies for my ignorance. That's a unique idea and fits well. :) I dislike "yellow" paper as I said, so it is a nice step up in my opinion.
Well, thinking back on it, I guess making a marble texture for book pages might not have been the best idea, as books aren't often associated with marble :XD:

I'm not a fan of yellow pages in books either. :^^:

I keep delaying my Dark Elf release as last night I ended up going to a manga cafe (yeah manga cafe in NZ, crazy right O_o), and ordering Omurice with mushrooms, here is what it looked like (I feel like a real otaku now):
20130711_004.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tsar CUBE
World
World

Post by Tsar CUBE »

Updated the profile, changed "dessert" to "desert", changed font of profile name a bit and added precognition powers (something I forgot to add last time... nothing like making something op even more op)... :^^;:
Kmon13
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lv. 124 Dark Knight and Bard
Favorite Monster Type: Amazoness, Alp, Kunoichi,
Location: Royce, Capital of the Black Rose Republic (What once started an small inn grew into a nation)

Post by Kmon13 »

Tsar CUBE wrote:
Kmon13 wrote:Can't wait to see it Tsar ... :perv:

As I have drawn the Valkyrie already, YES, I will be making her profile, however she will be the tenth profile I make as I drew her last

Dark Valkyrie hasn't been drawn yet so she will come out in a different booklet :^^;:
Don't worry I'm patient about it. :nosebleed:

I loved what you did with the Valkyrie so if making the Lewd and dark version of the noble warrior maiden of the slain will take time....

I'm all for it Tsar! :hero:

The right to live free without fear of death should be granted and enjoyed by all beings Mamono, human, or Otherwise.

Least liked Mamono:Mamono who rape!

Tales of the Black Rose Inn...
Destined Paths Of Eden
Lilith Academy Chronicles
Monster Girl Apocalypse Journals
Tsar CUBE
World
World

Post by Tsar CUBE »

Lewd and Dark in my setting usually means she will put you on a chain and make you her slave.... so be careful what you wish for! :nerd:
Vendettadabeast
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: THE BEASTLY REBEL
Favorite Monster Type: The,Naughty,Bad and Lustful

Post by Vendettadabeast »

This is,awesome,Tsar,whaty a wonderful job you did,I look forward to seeing more profiles from you.

Also like Kmon, I love lewd and dark girls too,so bring your best/worst, i doubt i be intimidated.
We won't, surrender, nor will we bow down.

We refuse to follow your lead, and accept your orders.

Nor will we obey your rules, and do things your way.

We we will fight for our cause, and die for it with no regrets.

REBEL
SIERRA-116
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: MCPO Jason-116
Favorite Monster Type: Snakes, slimes, Alraunes, bugs
Location: Installation 05 "Green Zone" (Codename: Delta Halo GZ)

Post by SIERRA-116 »

Well, I like her, though the nature of their revenge is a bit... not nice. Still, if I wasn't confined to living a primitive life, I'd be happy.
To find him, you must forget the stories...

Forget the legends...

You have to do more than walk in his footsteps...

For he is more than the sum of his actions...

I tell you this, not because I trust you...

But because all our lives are at stake...

Because the seeds of our future... are sown in his past...