Making a new setting

Room for one more?

A place where people can create and share their own monsters and world settings.
Katsoro
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Baby Monkey
Favorite Monster Type: Orc,Nightmare,KitsunHolstaurus

Making a new setting

Post by Katsoro »

So I've spent the last 9? years daydreaming and come up with my own monster girl setting (the one from battle mage).

It has monster girls/boys, steam punk cat girls, it's own mythology, gods (self per-calmed), dinosaurs and a new form of magic like stuff. I've been debating for some time weather to start, you know sharing it or not seeing as I have a full time job hens limited spare time and a far amount of it is biased of the Monster Girl Encyclopedia.

So my question. Is it worth starting a new setting that will take ages to post and and has no sex images to look at (I'm not an artist Q.Q) or should I just cry "LLLLLEEEEEERRRROOOOOYYYYY JENKINS!!!!" and go for it?
"The smiles and laughter of his readers are the greatest rewords of a writer."__Me

So go read Battle Mage and comment on it Q.Q
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The inactive

Re: Making a new setting

Post by Drazzimyr »

Just Leeroy Jenkins' it. Honestly, activity is nice in this section regardless of smutty art or not.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

To be honest I don't like profiles packed with smut, so that doesn't bother me at all. I already like Battle Mages so I'm bound to read more of your work.

Heh Leeroy, he sure came a long way. I remember when I met his guild in the arena (Pals 4 Life), they completely and utterly destroyed my team. :mrgreen:
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Katsoro wrote:So my question. Is it worth starting a new setting that will take ages to post and and has no sex images to look at (I'm not an artist Q.Q) or should I just cry "LLLLLEEEEEERRRROOOOOYYYYY JENKINS!!!!" and go for it?
Dude, I've spent the last 2 years working on the massive setting of my story (A Land of Wonders) which is just as big the one you've described. And yet, it doesn't have a single pic to look at (because I'm not an artist either). Still, I've greatly enjoyed making it (to the point I began to understand why KK loves doing it so much, too) and once you start, you will too!

So, don't hold yourself back just because it doesn't have art; there are plenty of great novels and books out there whom barely show 2-3 pics per chapter (and there are usually about their characters) while they leave the exact looks of the described setting to the readers imagination.
supersatanson
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Space sexplorer
Favorite Monster Type: Aliens

Post by supersatanson »

I agree with everyone, And of course the written word can be as powerful as images, as long as you put your heart on it! It sounds cheesy, but when you have fun writing, we have fun reading :D
Also, sharing a world makes it grow and get better!