Troktura-a little RPG-Worldbuild

a.k.a a completely ridiculous idea

A place where people can create and share their own monsters and world settings.
Kikikalendar
Fool
Fool
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Troktura-a little RPG-Worldbuild

Post by Kikikalendar »

Disclaimer: This worldbuild is not to be taken serious and is based on a pretty stupid idea. Also, even though the main focus lies on monster girls, monster boys will also make an appearance (quite frequently, actually).

This world is based on a RPG I played with my girlfriend some time ago. It had rules and all that good stuff and it was basically a Pen-and-Paper-RPG. Now, I would like to expand it and hear what others think about it, so I decided to collect all informations in one thread.
Criticism is always welcome!

The premise: "The land of Troktura is overrun by Monster Girls! Total chaos, death and destruction breaks lose (not really, but that's what the guys working for the temple want you to believe)! The great sage Annlotta von Haffenfeld decides to stop the invasion with the help of her students with an ingenious plan: since all Monster Girls need human men to reproduce it would be the best to just turn all men into Monster Boys, right? (well, it actually wouldn't work, but Annlotta might just have missed that on her giant egotrip). But only "evil" men, because "good" men shouldn't be corrupted into such hideous creatures. And also only men Anlotta has no particular interest in.
The players take the roles of Annlotta's students and are send out into the world to carry out her plan. However, if they are loyal to her (and you'd have to be insane to be that) or try to find a better way (or even help the other side) is their own decision..."

Alright, that's that (it's actually best read with the voice of an 50's horror movie announcer). My girlfriend once described it as "Magical Girls against Monster Girls". Maybe that would have been enough for a description.
Rules and basic concepts will follow tomorrow, since it's 9 p.m in Germany right now and I have to get up early the next day.

See ya!
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Re: Troktura-a little RPG-Worldbuild

Post by Pierce »

Ok, I do a have a one question about this setting, kinda how I look at Wikipedia stubs in need of expansion.

What is Troktura and what era would this world be similar to? (Medieval, Middle Ages, etc) It would help me know what technology is available aside from sorcery.
Kikikalendar
Fool
Fool

Post by Kikikalendar »

Thanks for the question, otherwise I guess I would have forgotten to write about it ^^.

Troktura:
Troktura is a rather big country and an absolute monarchy. Religion is an important part of every day life and the Higher Temple controls and restricts the use of magic (and thus the way people work and interact with each other, since 90% of Trokturas population uses magic daily).
Troktura is characterized by it's diversity of climate zones. Most of the mainland consists of fertile plains, the northern and southern parts of mountains and the western part of a small desert region (a map will be added soon).

Technology:
Troktura's technology is comparable to Europe in the time around 1820. Advanced technology like electricity and a railway system exists but is not common or well known. Also, the Higher Temple condemns the use of such technology, calling it unnatural, since they can't control it like they can do with magic.

Sages:
Title given to a powerful mage who is hired by the Higher Temple. Comparable to governor, as they enforce the Temple's law in a specific region.
cyrus-cain
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Some lunatic

Post by cyrus-cain »

Is this a part of the monster girl encyclopedia, monster girl quest, praxis or any other setting, or is Troktura a completely new setting?

If the later, are the monster girls truly demonic or only declared to be so by the Higher Temple?

I would have suggestions, but I don't know enough to do so.
Kikikalendar
Fool
Fool

Post by Kikikalendar »

Troktura is a completely new setting, since it was intended as a Pen-and-Paper-RPG for me and my girlfriend, who doesn't know MGE or any other setting.

The Monster Girls are not evil, they just do what's natural for them and are actually not a real threat to human life. Actually, the Higher Temple doesn't hate the Monster Girls, as it's not meant to be the classic "evil organisation". The Temple tries to find a way to convert and control them, yes, but not to destroy them. Annlotta has a personal grudge against Monster Girls and operates on her own behalf.

Most "normal" people are a bit scared of Monster Girls and try to keep them away from their villages but wouldn't actively try to fight them.