The Greatest Catch.

Small one off stories and poems can be posted and read here.
ShadowKnux372
High Priestess
High Priestess
Official Title: King of WAFF
Personal Title: Mecha Fanatic
Favorite Monster Type: None

The Greatest Catch.

Post by ShadowKnux372 »

Kenji sighed as he got back home. Kicking his shoes off, he collapsed dejectedly in the nearest chair. "Another strike out..." he muttered to himself, running a hand straight through his blue hair, as he often did. Yet another time when he had seen a cute girl in town, but found himself unable to approach. Therein lied his problem. Whenever he would approach a woman he had taken a fancy to, he would essentially lock up, stammering and fidgeting and being unable to be the charming young man he (hopefully) appeared to be. It was like something was holding him back for some reason.

'Why'd I even move back down here, then?' Kenji thought, looking out the window, receiving his answer. This particular home used to be a vacation getaway when he was a young child, but the family hadn't been as close since then, and he hadn't been there in years. It was only a short time ago that he managed to afford to move in. The main draw was behind the house; a beautiful lake, perfect for relaxing and fishing, which Kenji was somewhat avid about. 'No sense sulking, I suppose.' Kenji thought, moving to acquire his fishing gear.

Once ready and at the lakeside, he plopped himself under a nearby tree, basking in it's shade, while he baited his hook and tossed it to the water. Then, he waited.

And waited.

And waited...

And....waited....

Surely nobody could blame him when he inevitably fell asleep waiting for a bite.

-------------

"You'll come back, right?"

"Of course! We promised, didn't we?"

"Then....I'll wait for you! As long as I need to! You better come back!"

-----------------

Kenji grumbled as his eyes slowly opened up. "That dream again..." he muttered, rubbing his eye. He dimly entertained the idea of figuring out what that dream was all about, when he noticed that his reel was fast on the move. "Whoa!" Grabbing the rod quickly, he began his fight against his first catch, and nearly fell forward at the fish's apparent strength. "What have you been eating, little guy?!" he yelled, gritting his teeth and pulling harder on the line, reeling him in. It was a bitter fight, man vs. fish, but eventually, Kenji began wearing down the aquatic creature, and soon enough, the fish broke the surface.

...Followed immediately by a webbed hand, attached to a sea foam green colored girl. "Hey, he's mine!" she shouted. Kenji dropped his pole in surprise, mouth hanging open slightly in a dull expression, while the girl paid no attention and pulled the fish off the line for herself. Taking a first nip out of the fish, she finally caught notice of Kenji's staring. Something flickered in her eyes, before she smirked, still holding the fish in her hands. "Pull yourself together." she said, pulling herself out of the lake and walking his way. "You look silly with your jaw on the floor like that."

"I'm....sorry..." Kenji muttered, pulling himself together as ordered.

"I know I've got some killer looks, but try to be subtle about ogling me." she said, doing an overdone stretch that showed of the contours of her body better, and Kenji couldn't help but look. It'd been some time since he'd seen a Kappa, and this one was a looker. Her light green skin still glistened with droplets of water as they slid down her curvaceous body. Her short red hair clung to her face a little, and she had a toothy little grin that made her look rather sultry.

'What have I gotten myself into?' Kenji thought, rubbing a hand through his hair again.

----------------

As it turned out, though, Kenji had an easier time talking to her than he figured. As he cast again for a fish that wasn't attached to an underwater beauty, she sat by him and idly began finishing off the fish she was holding. Kenji pointed out that Kappas usually don't dwell around this area, and she replied that she stuck around because it had something else for her, but she refused to say what. Kenji assumed it was the fish or something.

In turn, Kenji told her about his recent moving here, and how things were going for him. In short, it amounted to a lot of grumbling that he couldn't charm a woman to save his life, but other details were strewn about in the conversation. Kenji wondered if he had priority issues.

"I don't know, you seem to be a pretty smooth talker right now." the Kappa girl observed.

She was right, Kenji realized. He wasn't tripping over himself talking to her, at least. "Must be because I'm focusing on fishing right now." he said, gesturing to his rod. "Otherwise, I wouldn't know what to say."

The Kappa sidled closer to him. Then she placed a webbed hand on his leg, and began sliding it upwards. "How about we speak with actions instead of words, then?" she proposed.

"W-What do y---Mmph?!" was all Kenji managed to get out before the Kappa assaulted his mouth, pushing her own tongue into his and really kissing him hard and passionately. She crawled further towards him to close the gap between them further. Kenji dropped his fishing pole as he fell backwards, the Kappa girl on top of him, looking down at him with a look he hadn't seen directed at him before. "We....I don't....are you...?" Kenji's brain was beginning to sputter and falter, and he couldn't find the words to say what he wanted to.

She shushed him and told him to let her handle it, placing a hand at his groin and rubbing him, causing him to groan at the sensations. Before long, she had him undressed and exposed, gazing in rapture at his exposed manhood. She licked her lips and Kenji swore he heard her say something like "...expected..." But he couldn't be sure, his thought processes were dimming, and were completely gone when she mounted him and stabbed herself with him, both crying out at the sensation of being joined. She wasted no time in milking this moment for everything it was worth, and instinct began driving Kenji towards the same goal. He grabbed her rather ample bottom and clenched as he thrusted hard into her, and her shouts of ecstasy proved he was doing good. Before long, they were both driven over the edge, and her scream mixed with Kenji's groan as he emptied himself into her, and she collapsed forward on top of him, both breathing heavily.

"That was....even better than...I thought..." she breathed.

"But....why? Why...me?" Kenji panted.

The girl frowned, then looked downward. "So...you really did forget....Kenji?" she said.

"How do you know...? I never told....!!" Then a flood of images came to Kenji's mind, memories long forgotten....

-----------------

"I had a lot of fun while you were here." the little girl said, smiling happily.

"So did I!" A young Kenji exclaimed. "I wish I didn't have to go...."

"Me, too. Will you be back?"

"...I don't know. I think something's wrong with my family. They say we won't come back for a long time."

"But....But I want to see you again!"

"You will! Even if my family says no, I'll come back and play with you again!"

"Promise?"

"Promise. Let's make the promise right now!" Young Kenji said, sticking out his pinky. That turned out badly, as the little girl's webbed hands prevented her from wrapping her own finger around his. "Well...that's not going to work."

"What now?"

The little Kenji thought, and thought, and finally came up with an idea. "I know. They say real important promises are made like this!" he said, before he pushed his lips against the little girls, a quick kiss to seal the deal. "There we go." he said happily. He heard a voice call out his name. "There's my parents. I gotta go."

"You'll come back, right?"

"Of course! We promised, didn't we?"

"Then....I'll wait for you! As long as I need to! You better come back!"

------------------

"So it wasn't a dream..." Kenji mused, back in reality. "All those years ago, that promise. What was her name....?"

"Kara." the Kappa at his side piped up.

Kenji looked back at her, his eyes widening. "Kara? It's...really you?"

Kara lightly smacked Kenji in the face with her webbed hand. "You dummy. Why do you think I'd be the only Kappa here?" she said, smiling ruefully. "I waited all this time, and you finally showed up. I just...couldn't help myself." she said, turning red slightly.

Kenji was about to say something, when he heard a noise, and looked toward the lakeside. While the two were in their own little word, a fish had grabbed a morsel on Kenji's line, and with no resistance to pull at him, was now taking the entire fishing pole beneath the lake with it.

"Oh, boy." Kenji said, running a hand through his hair.

"I could go get it for you." Kara offered.

Kenji looked at her for a second, then smiled. "Nah, don't worry too much about it." he said. Pulling her close to him and kissing her like she did him, he said. "I've already made the best catch of my life."
Tsar CUBE
World
World
Official Title: God of TMM
Personal Title: Resident Angry Scientist
Favorite Monster Type: Succubi

Re: The Greatest Catch.

Post by Tsar CUBE »

...You should know... I'm a real sucker for these childhood promise things which end up with the two reunited and in love :serenade:

Also. as a guy who likes fishing, I can personally say that i never once fallen asleep... not even when the fish wasn't biting... that said there was one fishing streak where I pulled out 24 fish within half an hour... not kidding, something was wrong with that beach, the things bit the moment the lure touched the water, it was insane :@_@:

(I let them all go in the end though) :^^:

Anyway, I would say that this is likely THE WAFFiest fic you ever made :nosebleed:

I'm just surprised I haven't read it before since this is a rather old one of yours isn't it... how did it manage to fly under my WAFF radar I would never know :@_@: