Day At The Daycare.

Three rambunctious young lizards and the trouble they get into.

Small one off stories and poems can be posted and read here.
ShadowKnux372
High Priestess
High Priestess
Official Title: King of WAFF
Personal Title: Mecha Fanatic
Favorite Monster Type: None

Day At The Daycare.

Post by ShadowKnux372 »

In the Zipangu marketplace, the hustle and bustle of people means that sales will go quickly, and that movement between shops and other venues can be restrictive, if not obtrusive outright. Thus, for busy mothers who need to make their way somewhere but can't allow their child to come with, or simply need a small break from the energetic bundles of joy, there's the Zippy Zipangu Daycare, where Ilia the Inari makes sure that all the child's needs will be taken care of while under her tutelage. And, as her nine tails will attest, no children are ever out of control for very long.

It is here that three rambunctious reptilian rugrats met each other for the first time in their lives.

Lila the Lizardman was deposited there due to the fact that her mother, Leera, needed to head to a blacksmith for sword repair. Even though Lila was adept already with the plastic sword she always carried with, a place full of real weaponry was simply too much a risk at the moment, both for Lila's well-being, and the shop's.

Shisa the Salamander was dropped off before her mother, Siliya, participated in a little show that was taking place at the moment. Siliya had a few showy sword techniques that also utilized her flame-tail into the act. A bit too much for Shisa to be around, especially if she melted yet another toy sword trying to imitate her mother's abilities.

Doraga the Dragon was told to wait there and play nice while her mother, Delias, took care of a few problems she had been called in to take care of. Mostly that she was needed to dole out a little reprimand for a Werecat that had been acting sketchy near the Matatabi stands.

And so it was that these three children of similar differentiating species would cross paths, in the way that children often do. By competing with each other.

"Cool sword!" Shisa had said, pointing at Lila's little toy blade in her hands. Lila paid little attention to the crimson-colored lizard that complimented her, as she kept a stone-faced expression, swinging her own sword in and arc in front of her, before repeating the swing, again and again. "What are you doing?" the Salamander asked her curiously.

"Mother says that training makes you stronger. I'm gonna swing a million swings to get super-strong!" Lila said simply, not stopping a single bit of her training as she explained her situation.

Shisa crossed her arms as she watched her continue her training, before grinning. "Maybe, but you won't get better than me! See? My sword's bigger!" she said, pulling out said plastic weapon and waving it in front of the Lizardman's face tauntingly.

"Mother says size doesn't matter."

"Yes it does! Mom says that to Dad all the time!"

"You're mother's silly, then."

"Hey!"

It wasn't a good start to their relationship, as Shisa took her sword and stuck it forward, crashing it against Lila's stopping her training regiment mid-swing. The Lizardman, now thoroughly bugged by the Salamander, stepped back and pointed her sword at Shisa. "Mother also says training with others is good for you. Was that a challenge?" she asked simply.

Shisa swung her sword around, showing off the wide arcs she could swing it in wildly, before pointing it at her. "Maybe~" she said sarcastically, smirking. Even though she was frowning from irritation before, Lila couldn't help but smirk as well, her thick, reptilian tail cutting through the air in anticipatory delight, as she, too, took a more battle-ready stance before her new-found opponent.

The two girls squared off against each other for several moments, just standing and waiting for the next move to be made. Then, both of them deciding to take the initiative themselves, they rushed at each other, and the diminutive battle began.

Any passing warrior would just chuckle at the small display, but it was obvious that the two at least had potential, but some of the impact was lessened due to the little squeals they made when hit, and the hollow sounds of plastic on plastic, as they kept smacking their swords against each other for the majority of the battle. Any actual "attacks" consisted either of Shisa clonking Lila on the head with the flat side of her sword, or Lila poking Shisa viciously in the stomach with the blunt tip of her weapon, both of them showing their still-childish ways with the way they acted.

"Haha! Take that!" Shisa would say whenever she hit Lila.

"Fall down!" Lila would retort anytime she got a strike in.

The two continued to look exactly as they were--two children pretending they were powerful swordswomen--until they heard a rustle. Currently locked in a crossing of swords, they turned their heads simultaneously to a nearby bush, which rustled with hidden life behind it. The two put their swords down to the side and looked at each other.

"What is it?" Shisa asked.

"Go see, and find out." Lila posited dryly.

"I'm not going there! You're the super-swordslady, you go!"

"What happened to 'bigger is better?'"

The two would have kept bickering between each other were it not for the bush creature deciding to reveal itself. Out from the green shrubbery crawled something else green. Quadrupedal and reptilian, with short, leathery wings growing from its back. It was as if it was a further evolution of lizardkind...quite obviously, it was a Dragon, were any average observer to see. A young one, it would turn out to be Doraga, testing her abilities of control over her other form.

Shisa and Lila, however, did not know that at the time, however. They stood dumbstruck, looking at the creature plodding around with an imperial air, before Lila held her sword aloft, dignified and dramatic. "It's a monster! It must be slain!" she said, charging forward.

"H-Hey! If anyone gets to be a monster-slaying hero, it's me!" Shisa cried, quickly taking her sword and following suit, pursuing the Lizardman's path of attack.

The "monster" was caught unaware by suddenly being jumped from behind. And in this case, that analogy was literal, as Lila's first mode of attack was to leap onto its back and start poking its rectangular skull with her sword, prompting the "creature" to cry out in protest.

"Ow! What are you doing?!" she demanded, shocking Shisa, who was about to strike. Lila, stubborn, was less than perturbed.

"I'm slaying an evil monster!"

"I'm not evil, get off!" Doraga demanded, struggling and shaking, attempting to throw the Lizardman off of her back, but, still stubborn to the end, Lila tossed her sword away and wrapped her little arms around Doraga's extended neck, making sure to hold onto the bucking bronco of a reptile, all while Shisa watched, dumbfounded. "I said, OFF!" Doraga shouted, and with a mighty flap of her small wings, the two suddenly took off into the air, with a joint cry of surprise from both of them.

"Hey, where you going?!" Shisa called after them, following the shadow they created as Doraga flew about erratically, Lila holding on for dear life.

"J-Just gi-give up and g-get me down, monster!" Lila demanded.

"I would if I could!" Doraga said, just as unnerved as Lila at the moment. "I've never practiced flying before!" she said, her wings flapping at random intervals, meaning her altitude and flight path changed with each passing second. All this, while Shisa tried to keep up below.

"I don't care! I don't like this! Get me down!" Lila kept insisting, bonking Doraga on the head repeatedly, throwing a tantrum due to fear. Of course, this didn't serve to make the situation better, as it disrupted Doraga's concentration with each strike, making her cry out with pain and dip further down in altitude. "Down! Down! Down!" Lila repeated, and indeed, the two were going down...

...Right towards Shisa, who had stopped for a moment to watch. Previously chasing after them, she quickly altered her own course. "Hey! Whoa, whoa whoawhoawhoa!" she cried out, now running away from the pair of flying reptiles that were about to divebomb her. Unfortunately for her, she couldn't keep up with them before, so she had no chance of outrunning them. In a quick snatching motion, Doraga suddenly had two passengers: a crying, flailing Lizardman on her back, and a struggling, shouting Salamander in her claws. She really wasn't having a good day, since all this happened in the span of roughly three minutes after just goofing around with her True Dragon form.

Of course, bad goes to worse, as Shisa noted. When she pointed ahead with a single word that caused one single, three-voice chorus of a panicked shout to ring out afterward.

"Tree!"

---------------------

A single voice rang out through the Zipangu market, loud and clear above the din, so that the three subjects of the message could properly hear the important message that shimmered through the air.

"Leera the Lizardman, Siliya the Salamander, and Delias the Dragon, please report to the Zippy Zipangu Daycare. Your children loudly request your assistance, and only yours, in removing themselves from a tree."
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The inactive

Re: Day At The Daycare.

Post by Drazzimyr »

Excellent and funny, it was a very good read :D !
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Post by DogKama »

Im still waiting for the sequel!

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Katsoro
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Baby Monkey
Favorite Monster Type: Orc,Nightmare,KitsunHolstaurus

Post by Katsoro »

this has got to be one of the cutest fics ever lol I can just picture Doraga walking around in her tru from all imperial with Shisa and Lila starring at her lol.
"The smiles and laughter of his readers are the greatest rewords of a writer."__Me

So go read Battle Mage and comment on it Q.Q
Shadow of Legend
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: God of Insanity
Favorite Monster Type: The lizard-types

Post by Shadow of Legend »

I'm glad to see you posting your fics here, too, SK. This is definitely one of my favorites because it stars a Lizardman, a Salamander, and a Dragon, and all three of them are totally adorable.
From the hate-scorched sky!
With righteous anger in our hearts!
We draw forth the sword that smites evil!
Thou art the innocent blade----Demonbane!

Lemuria Impact:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtkCGQ9aTIc

Lemuria Impact translation:
"In this World of Light, there is no place for you of the Darkness!
Thirst not! Hunger not! Return to the Void!
Lemuria Impact!"

"Sublimate!"
Tsar CUBE
World
World
Official Title: God of TMM
Personal Title: Resident Angry Scientist
Favorite Monster Type: Succubi

Post by Tsar CUBE »

Probably THE WAFFiest story i read from you so far. The humour was hilarious and extremely cute, making me go D'aawwwww more then once for sure X3

The perfect fic to read before bed time to have a peaceful night of rest ^^