Age of chaos: Cursed Halloween

A very depressing fiction

Post and read continuous or multichapter stories and fiction involving monsters or other creatures from fantasy.
PAZ

Age of chaos: Cursed Halloween

Post by PAZ »

Warning: This fiction contain injuries and death of monster girl and human, and it is meant to be depressing.

Intro
It's been many years since he travelled alone, a journey to seek out the murderers who put his parents to death. He will never forgot one of them, who wielded an eastern-made curved sword called a katana, and was also the one who took his right eye and gave him a scar across the eye.

He called himself "Paz". Pax never told anyone else his true name. When anyone does ask, he will just answer with "Paz". Paz means peace in Spanish, because his father is Spanish and the only thing passed down from him is a colt 1873 revolver that's called Peacemaker as well. Plus, it has the word "PAZ" engraved on it and some beautiful decorations on it.

During that time, it is just a few years since Lilith, or whoever he or she is became the demonlord. Some monsters have become friendly to humans, but there are still quite a number of them who are hostile towards humans due to a religous group in a kingdom. They call themselves, The "Order"...

However, little that Paz know about the Order and Monster girl...

[youtube]l6eSksEp27U[/youtube] (Listen to this song as you read through Chapter 1)

Chapter 1 Betrayal
Spoiler: show
Paz looked into the town ahead, which was just a few miles away. He licked his finger and pointed up to the sky, he could tell a downpour's coming.

"It's gonna rain soon... I need to get going." He muttered to himself as he adjust his hood over his head then powerwalked towards the town.

The closer he walked towards the town, the image of the katana wielder flashed in his eye. He touched the scar on his closed right eye, where the pain hasn't faded away even after all these years.

"Hijo de perra..." He whispered before entering the town.

The sky turned dark, grey cloud gathered from above and thunder roared inside the cloud. Rain began to drop like bullets firing from the sky. Everyone who were outside of their home run inside except him, who continued walking outside calmly. He looked around as he walked, trying to catch a glimpse of an inn. As if his luck isn't at its worst, five men who are armed with a pipe and axe walked out from the house and surrounded him.

"Hmm?" He rose his head and looked at them.

"Are you new in this town?" One of the bigger men questioned.
"I am."
"Good, then give us everything that you deem valuable."
"Are you serious?"
"Yes! If you want to walk freely in this town!"

"So be it." The lightning sliced through the sky and what come afterwards is roar of the thunder. As it subsided, three of these men were already lying on their face flat with blood gushing out from their head.

"You... you're a gunman?!" That big man asked in surprise.

"Indeed I am." Paz replied as he cocked the hammer and shot the fourth man in the face before he could surrender. He then point the gun towards the last one and pulled back the hammer.

"No please! I... I have a wife and daughter waiting for me, they need to be fed!"
"Liar." He shot that man in the stomach and stepped on his chest.

"No mercy." He said while he cocked the hammer for the last bullet and shot him between the eyes.

He looked up at the sky and noticed that the rain stopped, though his coat is still soaked wet. Most folks whose took shelter from the rain early left their house and gathered around him.

"Oh finally, a hero came and punished those thugs who roam free in this humble town!" One of the villager yelled and all of them start cheering.

Paz, who couldn't stand the crowd and the noise around him. He then loaded a live round into the cylinder of his peacemaker, cocked and fired into the dirt below. Everyone then turned silent from the gunshot.

"I am not a hero, I am nothing but a killer." He glared at the villagers and notice a young girl standing at the first row, looking at him timidly. "Do you know where is the inn?"

She pointed at one of the bigger buildings in the distance and Paz start shoving a few villagers out of the way.

"Gracias." He said to the girl before walking toward the inn.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three hours later, Paz sat on his bed in his room half naked. Most of his clothes were hung to dry out, his revolver were unloaded and lying at his table to be cleaned with bullets scattered around it. As he sighed and buried his face into his hands, reminiscing about the one who murdered his family, three knocks can be heard on the door.

"Who is it?" Paz voiced towards the door.

"It's the innkeeper, the chief of this town wants to see you." The voice replied.

"Tell him he can come in despite being half dressed!"
"Alright, one moment!"

After sometime, a middle-aged looking man entered his room. "I heard you're the he- I mean gunslinger, who killed those thugs hours ago, correct?" he asked.

"Let me guess, you're gonna tell me to get rid of trouble for you?" Paz replied. The town chief scratched his face awkwardly as sweat trickled down on his face.

"That's... a bingo, I'm afraid. One of these teenagers heard of a rumour of treasure inside a haunted cave just loca-"
"What do I get in return?" Paz interrupted midspeech.
"Eh... we don't have money... ever since that tax raise."

Paz sighed in disappointment as he loaded his gun casually.

"I'll accept, what I need at the moment is something to fill my stomach."
"Really?!"

"Yes, show me the way." Paz said as he put on a robe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, this is it. I can't lead you further into this cave but I will wait outside." The Chief said as he stopped and looked at Paz.

"More than enough..." He replied as he put a bandana on his face and tied a knot behind his head, then covered his head with the hood of his robe.

"Good luck sir... and your name is?"
"Just... call me Paz."
"Paz... alright, good luck."

Paz walked into the cave with no light on, so he took out a box of matches and a recycled potion bottle that was filled with alcohol with a rag on the hole. He lit the rag up and used it as a torch. The further he wandered into the cave, the more quiet it became. As he felt it was just some normal cave, he heard a crushing noise just below his foot, he looked down and discovered an aged human skull.

"To be or not to be... dios mio..." He muttered as he carefully took out his revolver and cocked the hammer. Paz continued pressing forward until he heard someone whimpering ahead.

'This must be the teenager I'm looking for.' Paz thought in his head while approaching the source of the whimpering until he across a teenager.

"Are you someone from the village?" Paz shone his fire above the teenager, who was curled in the fetal position while crying at the same time.

"She... she..." The teenager cried out as he points into the darkness. He was obviously in a state of shock, which Paz gave him a light slap to pull him out of shock.

"Ah! A snake lady!" He began to panic as a slithering noise approached. Paz quickly threw the Molotov cocktail at the incoming noise in the darkness. It hits the ground while spreading the fire around it, which he barely make out a scaly tail of a giant snake which slithered away from the flame.

"Move! Get out of here!" Paz yelled while directing the teenager to the exit and he start aiming his gun around the fire. He heard more slithering noise as he quickly point at the direction of the noise. However, the snake woman came faster than he could react due to the darkness. She used her giant tail to slap the gun out of his hand as he pulled the trigger. The bullet whiz passed her face and hit the cave wall. She then wrapped her snake tail around his lower body tightly, preventing him from escaping.

"Don't be afraid, young man. I'm gonna take care of you gently..." She slowly removed Paz's hood and untied the knot of his bandana.

Of course, Paz wouldn't just do nothing and let her remove his bandanna. So he quickly took the survival knife out of its sheath on left side of his belt.

"Huh?" She looked at the knife as he spun it in a backhand holding stance and the blade cut through the skin of her face just below her eyes.

"AHHHHHHH!!!" She quickly released Paz and covered her face in pain. Paz does a crouch to soften the landing, then he looked up at her only to discover her giant snake tail coming down at him. He quickly rolled out of the way to prevent being flattened as he ran towards his gun.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!" She cried and screamed at same time, as Paz picked up his gun and turn around to her. She's no longer at the spot where she was and what's left of her, there was blood that trickled from her face.

Paz had a bad feeling about this and he turned back to dash towards the entrance of the cave where he came in, he ran and ran as fast as his legs could push him. The entrance looked so close and yet it look very far. Sometime later, he's finally out of the cave and totally out of breath. He leaned against a tree and sat down, catching his breath.

"You did it, Paz! You killed the monster!" The town chief cheered while standing beside the passed out teenager from before.

"I...I didn't kill it." Paz said, still catching breath.

"Oh, is that so?" The Town Chief questioned as a drop of sweat ran down his forehead to his face. While pulling something out from his back as Paz wasn't looking. "Could you carry this boy for me? I injured my back a few days ago."

"Yeah... sure." Paz gets up and does a long deep breath before carrying the teenager with both of his hands. "Where to?"

"Ah, yes. There's a barn up ahead. Just keep walking and we'll be there."

----------------------------------------------------------------

After a considerable long walk, they reached the barn. It looked empty and quiet.

"This is the place...?" Paz asked.

"Yes, this is the place... FOR YOU!" The chief dived his well hidden dagger right into Paz's ribcage from his back.

"Argh!" Paz cried as he dropped the teenager and fell to the ground as the dagger remained lodged in his back. "Hijo de puta..."

"Forgive me... but there was a man in fancy clothes who offered me a deal... a deal that could bring my town back to life..." He then yanked the dagger off Paz's back "If only I bring him your dead body!"

Paz quickly rolled around as he felt everything around him turn to slow motion, he could see the Chief raise his dagger over his head. Paz then had no choice but to draw his revolver and fire a shot on him.

The Chief staggered back a few steps, he dropped the dagger and start holding his neck as blood flowed out from his neck. He laid down slowly and said.

"I... I don't wanna die..."

"You're making a deal with a... el diablos..." Paz gets up in pain and notice villagers are making their way toward the barn.

'I can't get caught like this...' He thought to himself and made his way into the forest. Paz could feel his own warm blood soaking his robe wet on the back and his own body became colder. He began to slow down as he grew weak and his eyelids were getting heavier. He remembered he hadn't eaten anything since two days ago. His vision blurred, he was unable to avoid a tree root and tripped over it. He stumbled forward and rolled down the hill... as he continued tumbling down, the image of the katana wielder flashed in his eyes.

As his rolling came to a stop, reaching the bottom of the hill, he closed his eyes as he felt his consciousness fading away. The last thing he felt was a pair of powerful monstrous claws carrying him up easily like a pillow and smooth skin of its back. Taking him somewhere afar...

Chapter 1 end.
Last edited by PAZ on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kmon13
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lv. 124 Dark Knight and Bard
Favorite Monster Type: Amazoness, Alp, Kunoichi,
Location: Royce, Capital of the Black Rose Republic (What once started an small inn grew into a nation)
Re: Age of chaos

Post by Kmon13 »

Interesting opening... is this an Apocalyptic world setting or western type setting (Asking this because of the guns) It surprises me how people ask for help one minute and then attempt to stab you in the back for a promice of a better offer the next....

It also has me wondering who saved Paz at the last moment as a cliffhanger...

Until then i'll keep my eye open for this story...

The right to live free without fear of death should be granted and enjoyed by all beings Mamono, human, or Otherwise.

Least liked Mamono:Mamono who rape!

Tales of the Black Rose Inn...
Destined Paths Of Eden
Lilith Academy Chronicles
Monster Girl Apocalypse Journals
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

It is alternate world setting, or maybe similar to timeline in Rusty heart game
Kmon13
Emperor
Emperor
Location: Royce, Capital of the Black Rose Republic (What once started an small inn grew into a nation)

Post by Kmon13 »

Rusty Heart? I never heard of it...

The right to live free without fear of death should be granted and enjoyed by all beings Mamono, human, or Otherwise.

Destined Paths Of Eden
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

It's a Korea MMO and also published by Perfect World.

A half vampire guy, a witch, a soon to be werewolf boxer and gunslinger gather together to kill some evil vampire dude
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

:\ Not sure if people even catch my fan-fic.
Kmon13
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kmon13 »

I think they are waiting for chapter 2... :nerd:

Destined Paths Of Eden
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

I have to rewrite the entire chapter 3 since I think up something interesting similar to Witcher, but chapter 2 is okay to post now.

Chapter 2 War is never cheap here
"How long is it? Eight years! You travel for eight fucking years! Alone! And no one really care if you die somewhere! What fuel your body to keep it moving? Vengeance? For your family? What will you achieve by doing it? Nothing! Absolute nothing! Just give up!"
*Bang*

Paz wakes up and looks around, he found himself inside a tent made of deer's skin. Sunlight shine in from opening of the tent and he's fully naked.

"What the...?" He reaches for the wound on his back and discover it is fully healed.
"When do you think he will wake up?" A female voice outside of the tent questioned.
"His healing rate definite aren't normal, but any time soon," another more matured female voice said.

Paz look around the tent for his weapon, however, he see no sight of it. He crawl out of the tent slowly and quietly.

"Hey, you woke up," the woman with matured voice said.

Paz quickly look over where the voices came from, two reptilian women with different scales colour stare at him.

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt25 ... ander1.png

He is completely speechless about this situation, he quickly look around for his clothes which are hanging on a tree and his gun rest by two sword with different sizes.

"Why in such hurry? Why don't you join us?" The green lizard woman said casually.

"I will pass on this." He grab his pant in fast manner and putting them on, which stopped by the salamander as she grab on his hand tightly with her large claw.

"Even your wound heal up fast, you look extremely restless, perhaps you should join us." She whisper into his ear and release the grip on his hand, then hold out her claw to invite him. Water dripping from her body.

Her whisper made him lowered his guard and he take her claw slowly. Because he remembered his mother used to wash him.

"That is a good boy." She smiles and take Paz to the river to wash his sweat covered body....

Hour later, they all sit by the camp fire and Paz just finished telling them his story.

"So you have such bitter past, but I know one thing... revenge bring no good end..." Lizard woman said.

"Maybe... but only him, I can't forgive him..." He rubs his right semi blinded eye and looks at his revolver.

"I understand, we both also live without our parent. But thanks to her tribe, I could lice on too." Lizard woman nods to the Salamander.

Paz nodded and stands up, he is ready to leave soon enough. But salamander grabbed his hand tightly and pull him down.

"Like I've said, you are still restless. Since I found you, I have the responsible to ensure you are okay." She said in motherly way.

Paz begin to feel nervous as he feel the kindness from her and he never being treated like this for years. He doesn't said anything and sit back down. He put up his hood and look away from her.

"Am I making you nervous?" She asked, which Paz decide to ignore that question and she smiles.

"Don't worry, heh. Anyway, you hungry?" She take a bamboo made fishing rod from her tent.

In the dead silence of the night, all of them are sound asleep by the camp fire. Paz never felt this peaceful in a long times. However, peace never last. Paz sense some aura and he quickly wake up and open his right eye to look into the darkness. He see group of human soul with the cursed eye of his, he close his right eye and quickly wake the Salamander and lizard woman up.

"Hey, wake up!" He yelled at them softly.
"Huh...?"

They look into the forest and detect faint light from the touches, which they eventually see men with farming tools used as weapon.

"Look closer! That gunman should be around here!" One of them shouted.

"Gunman?" Salamander and lizard woman said at same time and they both look at Paz.

"I need to go now, I can't involve both of you in."
"Very well..."

Paz nods as he put on the hood and pick up his gun, as he ready to move...

"Paz!" Salamander call out to him. He stop and look at her, these villagers are getting closer.

"Let us cross path again someday." She said.
"Love to... what's your name?"
"Sha'Vatri, just call me... whatever you like."
"Sari then."

She smiles and nod to Paz as he run off into the opposite direction of the villagers. He notice there are someone who are sent to kill him, following him tightly in the bush, he quick draw his gun and fire into the bush. The assassin jump out from it and dash toward him for a stab. Paz rise his feet up and kick him right in the face, which make him slam onto the ground on his back.

"Descanse en paz!" He lift his feet and stomp right into the face of the assassin, crushing it.

He quickly leave the area as villagers probably heard the gunshot and he kept going.

Two hours later, sun is about to rise. However, grey cloud gather in the sky and it is gonna rain once again. Moment later, it is dark and downpour like what happened before. He keep on walking, he seek no shelter from the rain. He look down and notice some blood flow toward him along with rainwater. Paz walk up to a big opening and what he see is field full of body, bodies of men bearing shining armour covered in blood and bodies of ugly looking monster. However, bodies of human are double amount of human. He start walking pass these bodies while praying quietly.

"Hey... is someone... there...?" A faint voice through the sound of rainfall.

Paz look at a huge lone tree in the middle of opening where the voice came from. He walk toward it and he see a knight in armour, bleeding from inside. Paz walk over to the knight and crouch by his side. He slowly hold out a soaked latter covered in blood.

"I have a... last request... take it to... my lover..."

Paz take the latter, he then hold his hand and nod to him.

"Thank... you..." That knight's hand soon fall limp, and slam onto the wet ground below. Splashing the mixture between blood and rain on his face, which are covered by the bandanna.

Paz close knight's still open eyes and does a cross, then he said "Descanse en paz."

He get up as lightning slice through the sky followed by thunder roar, he walk away from this hollowed place and to his next destination. What will await Paz there?
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

Quick question Peace, I like your story, but I was wondering if I can edit your fic (Proofreading)? I love to fix errors spotted and to give the story a much more consistent flow.
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Go ahead.
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

I am very bored in shift and felt like writing for halloween, and here is it. I am in bit sleepy state, so please correct me if you see mistake.

Chapter **: Cursed Halloween
"In my time when I was young, there is a rumor about a haunted Town with its cursed residents." An old preacher with his grey to white hair telling his tale to the children sitting around him.

"This town, no one can find it. Except those who are cursed and only in the day of Halloween, and those cursed ones will become part of it if they do not get out of it before sunrise..."

---------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in the middle west. Paz is walking on the path by the forest alone during sun drop, he looks around him, noticing unusual amount of crow gathering around. He halt and observe his surrounding with his eye, the sky slowly turn dark as he do so, giving off the eerie feeling. One of the crow caw at him which surprise Paz and give him a moment of pause.

Suddenly, every single crows fly downs and swarm at him. Paz cover his head with both of his arm and curl up instinctively, then he feel his belt turn lighter. He reach of his holster and found out his revolver is gone. Crows spread away as one of it carrying his revolver with its talons.

"Ey! Hijo de perra, that's my gun!" Paz starts to go after the crow, going off the path. Deep into the forest.

The fog become thicker and the forest become darker, the crow drop the gun and its eyes begins to glow in bright orange. It stop and rest on the tree, observing Paz's every single move. He arrive and pick up his revolver, panting and notice a light deep within the forest. He figure since it is dark, he should go there and look for a place to sleep rather than sleeping out in the wild under heavy fog.

As he walk closer to the light, he recognizes shape of the houses and lights coming out from the pumpkins carved with evil looking faces. It is his first time seeing works such as this, when he turn to the houses. There are no light inside, only pure darkness.

Paz walks up to one of the house and knocked, no one answered nor responded. Just as he was about to open the door himself.

"Finally, 'nother cursed 'ne to join us. It's being 70 years since the last guy joined." A British accent voice comes from middle of the town.

Paz turn his attention to the voice and see a middle age man wearing glasses looks at him.

"Who are you? What do you mean by join you?" He questioned.

"You see, stranger. You can find this town, which mean you're one of the cursed. You're fated to join us, no use struggling." He smirks as he finish his words.

"Cursed?" He narrows his left eye.

"See for yourself, gunman." He points at the mirror laying on the wall of one of the houses.

Paz dumbfounds at this sight, he sees himself in the mirror as a rotten man with missing right eyeball, a glowing light in the eye socket, wearing black tattered duster, cowboy hat and blood soaked bandanna over his face. He quickly look over his own body is already find out his body is exactly same as the reflection of the mirror. His hands is flesh-less bone fingers, his revolver is covered in rusty.

"Now you're one of us." The British accent man is now a necromancer.

Paz draw his now rusty revolver and point at the necromancer. "Change me back!" He says, after he cocks the hammer.

"I 'fraid I can't do that, I'm not the one who did that to you. It's this cursed town welcoming ones like you."

Some loud Halloween theme plays from one of the building and ghosts appear to float around the town without knowledge Paz and the Necromancer below.

"My advice to you is, enjoy your 'ternal Halloween. Trick and treat!" He says as he disappear under the puff of smoke.
That's all I can type for now with my tired body and mind.