Upon the Winged Sword

Post and read continuous or multichapter stories and fiction involving monsters or other creatures from fantasy.
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Upon the Winged Sword

Post by DogKama »

Note this is a teaser of a story Im currently writing, and I wanted to get some help if need.
Spoiler: show
The smell of sulfur was a tantalizing, yet ominous scent. The waves of orange, and yellow danced violently like a mob on the brink of riot through the forest, jumping from tree to tree, plant to plant… person to person. The roaring screams of panic echoed across sky almost drowning the commands of her subordinates…almost anyway.

“Watch yourselves! Don’t over extend!”

“More over here! Don’t let them escape!”

“Clear! Press forward, and don’t stop!”

It was music to her scaled ears, so much so she could blissfully sleep to its unnaturally soothing melody. Overlooking the scene of glory and “progress” as she called it from her pillar (cloud) in the sky, the dragon closed her eyes, inhaling the cold, smoke filled air into her body. What a scent! If there were flowers of this she would grow them in and around her home. It filled her with a giddiness nothing else could do, except when she fought by her husband’s side. To rule with such power, to command, and demand respect, and fear nothing…. Such is this primal, almost raging instinct from an age long since passed; an age where it must of truly meant to be called “Dragon”.

A faint, annoying voice had pried its way over the sounds of battle, and into her thoughts, causing the dragon’s face to momentarily cringe in displeasure. She didn’t like being awoken from her thoughts, especially right now as she was blissfully “connecting” with her heritage. A tilt of the head, a lazy, un-amused glance from her fear instilling, yellow eyes scanned the skyline ignoring the bits of grey smoke rising from the forest below. With the sounds of fighting and people still scurrying about made finding the voice’s owner nearly impossible, until…

“Mi Lady! MI Lady! I have news of the upmost importance!”

Recognizing the voice, she made a back lift (more for showing off) and dived toward the ground below. It took but 5 seconds for her to reach the ground, only to pull up and land with a mighty thud, the worn snow crunching under her weight. It was only now the scope of her figure became known; nearly 6’ 6’’ in height she was an imposing sight, almost the size of an ogre.

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Re: Upon the Winged Sword

Post by Feathers »

Is she supposed to be burning down a village and dancing in the glory of her own inferno? Still, I'm wondering as to why she is burning through a forest and even people in the first place. I will find out soon enough eh? This is but a teaser after all! :D

Is she an MGE dragon or your own OC dragon? Have you decided on a name for her yet?

Also, AWESOME story title! :mrgreen: Winged swords are the coolest. ;) I wonder what the meaning behind it is.
DogKama
Moon
Moon

Post by DogKama »

Feathers wrote:Is she supposed to be burning down a village and dancing in the glory of her own inferno? Still, I'm wondering as to why she is burning through a forest and even people in the first place. I will find out soon enough eh? This is but a teaser after all! :D

Is she an MGE dragon or your own OC dragon? Have you decided on a name for her yet?

Also, AWESOME story title! :mrgreen: Winged swords are the coolest. ;) I wonder what the meaning behind it is.
hehe thanks Feathers. Yea this is just a teaser of what I've wrote and She'll be an MGE dragon. As for the fire, shes just repelled and invading force that fled into the forest and she figured why not set the forest on fire? Ill have more written soon. But overall what you think about his teaser? Does it have the ability to be a story?

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

It does to me. You did a good job at filling the reader (me) with a lot of questions. Basically I'm left hanging and am wondering why and what is happening, so if you want my opinion if this was a successful teaser or not? I'd say, "Absolutely".
axc_o
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Emotional Hermit
Favorite Monster Type: Alraune
Location: In my Yggdrasil home-tree, at my personal dimension

Post by axc_o »

it's a nice start, but eventually you'll need a global plot.
but I think you already know that so, good luck with the future fanfic!
"Don't let the tears for losing the sun prevent you from seeing the stars"
DogKama
Moon
Moon

Post by DogKama »

axc_o wrote:it's a nice start, but eventually you'll need a global plot.
but I think you already know that so, good luck with the future fanfic!
Well I have some ideas of a global plot of sorts... but this quick bit was more of "should I continue this story?" and if so would it fair as a one shot or a continuous. Though, currently im trying new things out in Real Life with the goal of improving my use of time. I should hopefully have this first part finished in a week or two depending on time, and my laziness XD

axc_o
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Emotional Hermit
Favorite Monster Type: Alraune
Location: In my Yggdrasil home-tree, at my personal dimension

Post by axc_o »

actually, all that depends on the global plot. You see, if we are talking about the dragoness misventures while trying to survive you might need a continuous fanfic, on the other hand, if you are talking about how the same girl finds her lover and "spend the night" you will be fine with just a oneshot. then again you can also talk about the difficulties of her newed life and get a continuous fanfic.
"Don't let the tears for losing the sun prevent you from seeing the stars"
DogKama
Moon
Moon

Post by DogKama »

axc_o wrote:actually, all that depends on the global plot. You see, if we are talking about the dragoness misventures while trying to survive you might need a continuous fanfic, on the other hand, if you are talking about how the same girl finds her lover and "spend the night" you will be fine with just a oneshot. then again you can also talk about the difficulties of her newed life and get a continuous fanfic.
well in this teaser I mention shes already married... plus her subordinates are in fact that. In my mind shes the lord of her own territory and this scene here was her repelling an attack.

Vendettadabeast
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: THE BEASTLY REBEL
Favorite Monster Type: The,Naughty,Bad and Lustful

Post by Vendettadabeast »

Interesting indeed, it does fill my head with questions, like who is she?, who is the enemy that its invading, what more is to come from this character?.

I patiently anticipate the start of this story.
We won't, surrender, nor will we bow down.

We refuse to follow your lead, and accept your orders.

Nor will we obey your rules, and do things your way.

We we will fight for our cause, and die for it with no regrets.

REBEL
DogKama
Moon
Moon

Post by DogKama »

Vendettadabeast wrote:Interesting indeed, it does fill my head with questions, like who is she?, who is the enemy that its invading, what more is to come from this character?.

I patiently anticipate the start of this story.
Thanks Vedettadbeast. The support is much appreciated. I've been doing some thinking for the story and what possible plot I could make for it and I think I might have it. Im thinking of the setting being sometime after the DL started the transformations... maybe a decade or so? But the rest of it im saving until I finish the first part of the story.