Journey to the demon Realm

A sequel to Hannah and the Demon Boy

Post and read continuous or multichapter stories and fiction involving monsters or other creatures from fantasy.
Gamergirl64
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Friendly werewolf
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf, Kikimora, Anubis

Journey to the demon Realm

Post by Gamergirl64 »

Please note that this is a sequel to my other story: Hannah and the Demon Boy. If you haven't read it yet, go read it now.
Here is the link: http://www.themonstermultiverse.com/for ... =60&t=1695

Chapter 1: Saying Goodbye
Spoiler: show
While walking in the forest, I spotted a bird in a tree. It's not like any other bird I have ever seen, before. It was much larger than the birds I've seen, and it had light blue feathers on it's body, with turquoise colored wings, and a long, blue tail. It had white feathers on the top of it's head, with blue at the tip of them. On the feathers, there was a symbol that looked like a red cross. It had a beak and legs of the same shade of dark blue. I stared at it for a moment, as it stared at me. I slowly got an arrow out of my sheath, and loaded my bow. It raised it's giant wings, showing beautiful feathers on the insides that had a pattern of blue and green. I raised my bow and aimed. You're quite the showoff. I thought to myself. Those are impressive feathers. Sadly, I have to do this, to feed me and the man I love. Suddenly, I heard a voice.

"Please don't shoot me!" It said. "I mean no harm." My left ear twitched, and I hesitated as I lowered my bow. "What did you say?" I asked. The bird lowered it's wings. "I mean no harm. I'm looking for a boy named Allen." Said the bird. "Do you know where he is?" I hesitated for a moment. "Who wants to know?" I asked. "His mother." Replied the bird. "I'm the messenger for the demon Lord, and Allen is her son. She assigned me to bring a message to him." I started to smile. "I thought your scent smelled familiar. Yeah, I know where he is." I said to the bird. "Right this way." I started to walk to my house, and the bird flew behind me.

We eventually get to my house. During the time Allen stayed with me, he helped me clean up a bit, so it looks good as new. I opened the door, and walked inside, as the bird landed at the entrance. "Hey, Allen. Are you here? There's someone who wants to see you." A boy with brown hair, short horns that pointed forward red and black wings, and a devil like tail comes out from the kitchen. "Hey, Hannah. How was hunting in the forest?" He asked. "Hey Allen. I didn't catch anything, but I found a talking bird who said he wanted to see you." Allen tilted his head, slightly to the right, in confusion. "Talking bird?"

"Hello, Allen. Nice to see you again." Allen looked over to the entrance to see the bird there. "Oh, hey! It's been a while." He said with a smile. "What are you doing here?" Asked Allen, as be walked over to the bird. "I have a message for you, from your mother." Said the bird. "If it's ok, may we speak outside the house?" Allen nodded. "Sure." He said with a smile, then looked back at me. "I'll be right back, Hannah. Just need to step outside to talk to the messenger." I nodded. "Alright. Go ahead." I said with a smile.

"Good heavens, can't you refer to me by my name, Allen?" I heard the bird say from outside, as Allen walked out. I bent my ears back, to keep from listening in on their conversation. Then suddenly, I heard Allen's voice raise. "What?! I can't do that!" He said. I raised one of my ears. "Please, Allen, you must. Your mother requests that you come back immediately." Come back? Immediately? What is he talking about? Does Allen have to leave, or something? I raised my other ear, to focus on the conversation more. "No! I refuse to go! I made a promise to stay here!" Said Allen. So he does have to leave! I thought to myself. "But Allen, your mother said that this is absolutely mandatory! What if the order decides to come to this forest to attack you while you're here?"

There was a short moment of silence. I listened anxiously for Allen to say something, but he doesn't. Instead, it's the bird that starts to talk. "Listen, I know you care about the girl. If you don't want her to be in danger, I highly suggest that you come back to the castle." He said in a calm voice. There was another moment of silence. "Ok. I will. Just give me some time to say goodbye." Said Allen. At that moment, he opened the door. His face expression is the saddest I've ever seen him. "Hannah, I have some bad news." He walked over to me, and held my hands. "You must understand that this is extremely important business, and if I had a choice, I would choose not to." He said, then let out a deep sigh. "Point is, I have to go home, to the demon realm." I stared at him with disbelief. "I won't be able to come back for quite a while, but I promise, I will return to you as soon as I can." He said. "I hope you can forgive me for this. I wanted to stay with you, forever, but things like this are very important, if we want to live together, safely."

"How long will you be gone?" I asked him. Allen shook his head. "I'm not sure, but I know it will be a very long time until I return. No matter what happens, I will return to you." Tears started to form in my eyes. "But... Why can't I come with you?" Allen hugged me tightly. "It's too dangerous!" He said. "I can't let what happened to me that one time, happen to you. I would rather die then see you seriously hurt!" When I heard that, I couldn't help but start to cry. "What if something happens to you? I would be alone, again." I said, as I buried my face in his shirt.

"Don't worry." Said Allen. "I'll be sure to return to you, no matter how long it takes." I calmed down a bit, and looked up at him. "You mean it? You promise to come back?" He smiled at me and placed his hand on my head. "Of course." He said while rubbing in between my ears. "I made a promise to stay with you, didn't I?" Seeing Allen smile made me smile, as he wiped the tears from my face. "Of course. Just need to give it some time, but I will return." The messenger bird flew in, and landed on Allen's head. "Don't worry, miss Hannah. Allen is a strong boy, and he will do what he needs to get done, if he's determined." He said in a cheerful voice. "Now, Allen, we need to get going." Allen shooed the bird off his head. "One minute. I was almost done saying goodbye!" He said in an annoyed tone.

"Ok, fine! But please hurry, Allen. We don't have much time." Said the bird as he flew out the front door. Allen looked at me. "I'm sorry for having to leave. I hope you're not too mad." I smiled and shook my head. "Don't worry about it. You have to do what you have to do. I understand." Allen smiled at me. "I'm glad to see you smile before I leave." He said, then kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and closed my eyes. Once the kiss was done, I stared into his eyes for a moment. "I'm glad to have kissed you. It's going to be the last kiss, for a while." He said. "Now, I guess I'll be going. I don't want to keep the bird, waiting."

"For the last time, please call me by my name, and not 'the bird.' It gets a little annoying." Said the bird. I walked with Allen out the door while holding his hand. When we got outside, he hugged me once more before walking over to the bird, who is sitting on the ground, waiting. "Ah, things are cleared out, I'm assuming?" He asked. "Yes, they are." Allen replied. "Then I guess we shall be on our way." Said the bird, before walking over to me. "I apologize, miss Hannah. I know how hard it is to have someone close to you suddenly leave for a time that feels like forever." I smiled and shook my head. "It's ok. What has to be done, has to be done, right?" I asked. "I'm glad you understand." He replied. "Now, I guess we shall be off." The bird went over to Allen, and spread his wings. "Ready, Allen?" Allen spread his wings in response, and looked back at me. "Take care, Hannah." He said with a smile, then looked forward, and both of them started to fly away. "Goodbye, Allen!" I said as I waved them goodbye, then stood there, watching, until I couldn't see them anymore.

Allen, please return, soon...

/////////////////////////////

The character, Allen, belongs to Pokemonaces, the carefree incubus
The bird is based off of everyone's favorite harpy lover, Feathers
Chapter 2: The Nightmare, and the Idea
It has been six months since I last seen Allen. Time felt as if it was slowing down, and every day became identical, and boring, as if it was before I ever met Allen. As the sun set, I head back to my house, from visiting the lake. Once I got in, I went to my bedroom, where I got my pajamas out of the dresser. I got out and walked out of my room, and to the bathroom. Once I'm in there, I take my clothes off, get into the shower, and start the water running. The entire time, I was thinking of Allen. Every day, I couldn't stop thinking about him. I constantly wondered about where he is, what he's doing, and whether or not he's ok, or not.

Once I'm done with the shower, I put on my pajamas and walked back to my room, where I pulled back the covers, and laid down. I wish you were here, Allen. I thought to myself. Things would seem less boring. I pulled the covers over my shoulders, and laid my arm on the spot Allen would lay down. Goodnight, Allen. Wherever you are, I hope you sleep well. I thought, as I slowly closed my eyes, and fell asleep. As I slept, a very bad nightmare came to mind, sending my heart racing in fear.

NIGHTMARE
There was pounding at the door. "Open the door! We know your in there!" Demanded a voice from outside. I didn't answer, but I stared at the door, in fear of who could possibly be out there. Suddenly, the door flew open with four tall men at the entrance. One ran behind me and put his arm around my neck, choking me a little. The other three came in, and the tallest man looked down at me. "Ok, I know you know. Where is he?!" He asked in a demanding voice. I looked at him in confusion. "Don't act dumb with me. You know who I'm talking about! The boy! The boy who is a demon! The demon boy!" He shouted. "Where is the demon boy?!" I tried getting out of the strong grip that is the man's arm, but fail. "I... I don't know." I said while struggling to get a breath of air. "He left a long time ago."

"Stop with the act, you monster." Said the man in an annoyed tone. "We saw him fly to this forest. It's that you know where he is!" He demanded. I stayed silent, not sure what to say. "It's useless, commander." Said the man next to him. "Let's just kill her, since she doesn't know anything, or refuses to tell us." The man who was asking me looked at him, and nodded, with an evil smile on his face. "That's a good idea." The man who was holding me back pushed me down, and the commander raised his sword. At that moment, Allen rushed through the back door.

"No, don't kill her!" He said in a frantic voice. "She didn't do anything!" I looked at Allen with surprise. "Allen, run!" I told him. "They're gonna try and get you!" Allen looked at me with a saddened expression, then back at the men. "You don't want her! You want me, don't you?! Well, here I am! If you want to kill me, go ahead, but spare the girl, please!" The commander laughed. "Well, if you say so! I'm ok with that." He said as he walked over to Allen. "Get down on your hands and knees, demon!" Without saying a word, he did as told. I watched in fear as the commander raised his sword. Allen looked at me and smiled. "I'm glad to see you again, Hannah." He said, quietly. "Farewell." The commander swung his sword and chopped Allen's head off.

I started to scream. "NO, PLEASE! NOT HIM!" I felt tears come out of my eyes. Next thing I knew, I was in my room, in the middle of the night, shaking, my heart pounding, and my head hurting. I slowly sat up, placing one head on my hand to try to numb the pain. "That was a horrible dream..." I said to myself. I looked around my room, seeing that everything is just as it was. No sign of Allen, no sign of men wanting to kill him. I sighed with slight relief, while covering my face with my hands. I miss him too much. I thought to myself. I can't take it any longer.

Before I knew it, I started crying. It doesn't feel the same, because Allen is usually here to comfort me. Where is he?' I thought to myself. 'It's been too long. Did something happen? After I calmed down, I laid back in my bed an pulled the covers over myself. I let out a sigh before rolling over to lay on my side, but this time I'm facing the opposite way that I usually face. I slowly closed my eyes, and fell asleep, once more. No more dreams came to me after that.

When morning came, I woke up. I felt tired from not being able to sleep. I got out of bed, and walked to the kitchen, where I got some eggs that I collected from tree climbing in the forest, and started the fire to warm the stove. I cracked the eggs in a pan, and started to fry them. Once I'm done, I put them onto a plate, then got some berries, and walked over to the table to eat. As I eat my breakfast, I started to think of what to do while Allen's away. I miss him too much to not think about him. He was the first person I met since my dad left me, and the first man I ever fell in love with. I never expected the first person I meet to be the one that I would want to be with, forever.

When I'm done eating, I put my plate on the counter. Suddenly, and idea came to mind. If Allen is too busy to come see me why don't I go see him? I walked to my room, where I started to get ready for not the daily routine, but something much, much bigger.
Chapter 3: Leaving the Forest
"Ok, let's see. I got food, water, my bow and arrows... Looks good!" I said as I checked my small bag of stuff that I'll be taking with me. I hesitated for a moment. I couldn't help but think that there's something missing. I went into my room, to see if what I'm missing is in there. I walked to my dresser, and spotted a small black box. When I opened it up, there was a small orange gem inside. The way it shined almost made it seem like there's a small flame inside of it. This gem is what my father gave me before I left. The last words he said to me rung in my head like a bell with piercing sound that leaves one's ears ringing.

I won't be coming back, but you'll be ok, as long as you keep this with you.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, then stared at the gem. I took it out of the box, and put it into my pocket. "That should be all." I said as I picked up my bag, along with my bow and sheath of arrows, then headed to the main room. I opened the front door and stepped outside. Once I closed the door behind me, I started to walk away, taking one good look at the house, before walking some more, to my favorite spot: the lake. I looked out into the distance of the lake, admiring it's shimmering waters, sparkling in the sunlight. I smiled while looking into the water, remembering the good times I had, here. Once I'm done, I turned around and started to walk away. I walked through the forest, further away from my home. This part of the forest looks rather different, to me.

The amount of trees become fewer and fewer, as I continued to walk. Soon, it got to the point where there were no more trees. I looked around. There is nothing but grass. No trees, or any other kind of plants. It was only grass. "Wow..." This must be an open field. I thought to myself. It looks like someone could roam free, here. I've never seen a place, so out in the open, with nothing to hide behind. Anything could be spotted, here, with ease. I walked further into the open field, looking around. There seems to be nothing, here. No signs of any sort, to show where to go, no path to follow, nothing.

I started to wonder around, searching for something to show me the way to at least a nearby town, when suddenly, I tripped over a hole. "Hey, watch it!" Said a voice from behind me. "Can't you see where you're going? There's nothing else that could have kept you from noticing my burrow!" I looked behind me to see a small girl, with rather large, round ears, which were dark gray like her hair. She had gray fur on her forearms, with pink claws, and a skinny, pink tail. She wears a yellow bra with a lot of holes in it, along with matching pants, that have bigger holes. "Hey..." She said, looking at me with her purple, "You're a werewolf, huh? Haven't seen one of your kind in forever. But... Why do you look so different?" I stood up, dusting off myself. "I look more like my dad than my mom." I replied. The girl thought for a moment. "I remember seeing your father. He was walking out of the forest. I waved to him, but he kept walking. Completely ignored me!" She looked up and down my body. "Heh. While you look more human, you're definitely a werewolf. I can tell by your scent." At that moment, another girl came out of the hole. She has light green hair, with long, white, skinny ears.

"Oh, hello!" She said with a friendly smile. "I apologize if my friend here gave off a bad impression." The girl climbed out of the hole. The lower half of her body is covered in white fur, and she has a big, fluffy tail. She looked up at me. "Ah, you're a werewolf. I haven't seen you're kind in a while. You look quite a bit like a human I saw exit the forest, nine years ago." She hopped around me. "But you do seem have quite the tail." I started to blush, and the round eared girl started to laugh. "I think you're embarrassing the girl, a little, Petunia." She said. Petunia came back around. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. "It's ok." I said with a smile. "I'm Hannah, by the way." Petunia smiled. "Nice to meet you, Hannah. I'm Petunia. I'm a wererabbit, and the large mouse next to me is Marigold." Marigold waved at me. "Nice to meet ya!"

"So where are you off to, right now?" Asked Petunia. "I'm going to the demon realm." I said. Petunia's eyes widened. "The demon realm? That's rather far, from here. What's your reason for going?" She asked. "Well, I'm looking for someone who I met a long time ago. He left to the demon realm and I never see him ever since." Marigold nodded. "Oh, I get it. He must be your lover, or at least the man you want as a lover, right?" I started to blush bright red. "How did you know?" Marigold started to laugh. "I just know these things." Petunia rolled her eyes at Marigold, and looked at me. "We don't know where the demon realm is, but we can lead you to the nearest town." She said with a smile. I started to smile. "Really? That would be great!" Marigold got out of the hole. She has yellow pants to match her bra, with a lot of holes in it. "Yeah, we can do that." She said with a smile. "Just follow us!"

As Marigold walked away, Petunia followed her, as I walked with the two.
Chapter 4: Trader's Town and Tanuki Kingdom
"Ok, so just follow this path, and you'll get to the nearest town. Since your probably gonna need money for a place to stay, along with food, for when you run out, I suggest getting a part time job." Said Marigold. "Good luck!" Said Petunia, in a cheerful voice. "Thank you!" I said with a smile, as I started to walk along the path. I looked behind me to see them waving. I waved back to them, and continued walking. As I walked, I looked to my left, seeing the forest trees, standing tall and green, in the distance. It makes me wonder why people never visited it. If they did, I bet things would have been much less boring. I looked to my right, to see more of the grassy plane, with some mountains far off in the distance. They looked small, from how far they are. I wonder what's on the other side of them. Maybe I would get there and climb over them, someday?

I looked ahead of me. Nothing but the path is in front of me. I eventually got to a hill. When I walked over it, I saw a small town. A whole bunch of houses, that looked the same. They had the same, brown, roof, and the same, stone walls. Some of them were colored different colors, and some of them had flowers in front of them. I walked towards the town, and eventually saw that some of the buildings are different in shape. Some are tall, some are short, some are wide. Some have signs above their entrances, but I'm too far away to read them. There is a sign at the town entrance. The only word I see is 'Welcome.' Welcome to what? To the unnamed town? Welcome to some town that is meant for travelers? Does this town have a name, or is the word 'Welcome,' the name? Welcome to Welcome town? That name doesn't make any sense. What would people be thinking, if they named a town that? At least it's welcoming. I started to laugh at my own thoughts.

Once I got closer, I saw more words on the sign, but it's still hard to read. When I finally got to the entrance, I looked up at the sign. 'Welcome to Trader's town.' That's better. At least the town has a name. But I wonder, a trader's town would be for traveling merchants, right? I walked to the town entrance and looked in. There are quite a few stands selling merchandise. 'This is definitely a town for merchants.' I thought to myself. I walked through the entrance to be greeted by a girl with raccoon like ears and a striped tail. "Hello, traveler! Welcome to Trader's town." She said with a smile. "What brings you here?" She asked. "Well, I'm on my way to the Demon Realm." I replied back to her. "The demon realm? That's quite far from here. You'll never make it in one day on foot." Said the tanuki girl. "You're gonna need money to pay for inns at the other towns." She looked up and down my body. "And judging by how you look, you don't have any, do you?" I shook my head. "No, I don't. You know how I can get any?" The Tanuki smiled. "You're just in luck. As a matter of fact, I do. Follow me!" She started to walk away, and I followed her.

"I run a store in this town." Said the tanuki girl as we walked. "It's the most successful business, here. It's bigger than the other stores, plus, it has the best prices." She looked at me and smiled. "Not only that, but it has everything. Food, clothes, furniture for houses, you name it, I sell it!" She said in a proud voice. "Oh, I just remembered, I never told you my name, didn't I? My name is Nookie. Nookie Tanuki." Nookie said with a smile, as we continued to walk. "I'm Hannah." I told her. "Well, my full name is Hana Gasa, but I just go by Hannah." We stopped in front of a two story building, that has a few clothes in display in the window left to the entrance. The sign above the entrance said 'Tanuki Kingdom,' with a leaf next to the T. Nookie got out a key and unlocked the door, holding it open for me. "Come in, come in!" She said with a smile. I walked in to see many different things such as clothes, tools like fishing poles and watering cans, things for gardening, and many other useful things that can be used for different occasions. "The bigger stuff like furniture, armor, and weapons are upstairs." Said Nookie. "My little sisters help around the store, as well. They should be coming any minute, now." At that moment, two small girls with the same raccoon like ears and tails come rushing through the door. "Sorry we're late, nee san!" They said. "Migi slept in." Said the girl on the left. "I did not!" Said the girl on the right. "Hidari slept as much as I did!"

"That's enough, girls." Said Nookie. "What matters is that you're here now. But try to be more on time." Hidari and Migi bowed. "Yes nee san!" The two looked at me. "Hello. Welcome to Tanuki Kingsom!" They said with a smile. "Are you planning on buying anything, here?" Asked Hidari. "What are you looking for?" Asked Migi. "Enough, girls! She is not a customer." Said Nookie. "Why not you two go up stairs so I can talk to her?" Hidari and Migi nodded. "Ok, nee san!" They said as they rushed upstairs. Nookie sighed, and looked at me. "Sorry about that. They can be very energetic." She said as she walked behind the counter. "They can be very energetic." I smiled and laughed a little. "It's ok. They seem like nice kids."

"Indeed they are!" Nookie said with a smile. "Anyways, I was thinking that maybe you could work part time. I promise to give you the proper amount of money, that you could use to pay for inns, for a while. I'll also give you a good enough amount of food before you leave to your next town. Do we have a deal?" She asked. I nodded. "That sounds good enough." Nookie smiled and reached out her hand to shake mine. I reached out and shook her hand. "Alright. It's a deal!" Said Nookie. "Now, where should you start? Oh, I know." She quickly went up stairs, and came back with a medium size box that had a picture of a green leaf that looks as if it had a bite taken out of it by a caterpillar, on it. "You think you can deliver this?" She asked. I took the box and smiled. "Sure, I could do that!" Nookie nodded, and went to behind the counter to get out a piece of paper, which she then handed to me. "This is a list of addresses. That box goes to the first one on the list. Once you come back, I'll give you some more to deliver." I took the paper and smiled. "Alright. I'll be back." I said, then went out the door.

///////////////

Nookie, Hidari, Migi, and the Tanuki Kingdom store are a reference to a game called Animal Crossing, made by Ninendo.
Chapter 5: Delivery Work
"Are you're Mr. Brandon Sutter?" I asked the tall, dark haired man who stood at the door's entrance. "Why, yes, I am!" He said with a smile. "What can I do for you?" I held out the box. "I believe you ordered something from Tanuki kingdom." Brandon took the box. "Thank you!" He said with a smile. "I was wondering when this will arrive. Are you a new employee?" He asked. I shook my head. "Not really. Well, I am, but I'm only working part time to pay for sleeping at the Inn." I said. "Oh, ok. Well, good luck with that." Said Brandon. "Thanks. Have a nice day." I said with a smile, then started walking back to the store. Once I got back, I was greeted by Nookie. "Hey there! How did the delivery go?" She asked. "It went well!" I said. "So what's next for delivery?" Nookie handed me a short sleeved shirt. The shirt was light blue, and it had a leaf printed onto it, just like the leaf on the box I delivered, earlier.

"Before going out for more deliveries, you might want to put this on. Some people might be out, taking a walk, it will make you recognizable, so they could pick up their package when they see you." Said Nookie. I put the shirt on. Nookie smiled when seeing me with the shirt on. "Looks good on you. Now, for the deliveries." She said, then walked upstairs, and came back down with three small boxes, each of them stacked upon each other, being smaller than the one below. "The biggest one goes to Allison Lynn, the one in the middle goes to Edgar Hernandez, and the smallest one goes to Nathan Kelleher." She said. I took the boxes and headed for the door. "Alright. Thanks!" I said as I headed out the door. I looked at the list of addresses. "Alright. First up, Allison."

I walked to a house that said "Lynn house" above the door. 'This is definitely her house.' I thought to myself as I knocked on the door. A girl with blond hair and blue eyes opened the door. "Oh, hello!" She said with a smile, then saw my shirt. "Are you a new employee for Tanuki Kingdom?" She asked. "I'm only a part time worker." I told the girl. "I'm just trying to earn money to sleep at the inn, since I'm on my way to the demon realm." I said with a smile. "Oh, wow. That's far from here." Said the girl. "You know, some of the residence here in traders town moved here from places real far away, like that. The Gyoubu Danukis in Tanuki kingdom came from Zipangu." I tilt my head slightly to one side. "Zipangu? Where is that?" I asked.

"Zipangu is a place far from here. It's all oriental, and there are a few mamono who came from there. Mamono like Kappas, Tanukis, and others like that? They are usually referred to as 'yokai,' and are believed as gods, to some humans." Said the girl. "Wow, that's so cool!" I said with a smile. "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Hannah." I said as I reached my hand out for her to shake. "Nice to meet you! I'm Allison, but you may call me Ally." Said Ally. I handed her the box on the bottom of the stack I was carrying. "This is for you. I guess I should be going, now. Nice talking to you!" Ally smiled as she took the box. "Thanks. It was nice talking to you, as well. Have a nice day!"

"You too!" I said as I started to walk away. I looked at the list of addresses. "I guess Mr. Edgar is up, next." I said as I continued to walk. Not paying attention to where I was going, I accidentally bumped into a tall man, dropping the boxes I had. "Oh, I'm sorry!" He said as he offered his hand to help me up. I looked up, to see a tall, dark skinned man with black hair, and brown eyes. I took his hand and got up. "Are you ok?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks." I said while dusting myself off. He picked up the boxes I dropped, and saw the the name on the biggest box. "Oh, are you a new employee for Tanuki kingdom?" He asked. "I see that one of these packages are addressed to me." He handed me the smallest box. "I'm Edgar, by the way." He said with a smile. "I'm Hannah. Nice to meet you!" I said with a smile. "I'm just working part time, to earn money to pay for the inn." Edgar nodded. "Oh, ok! Well, good luck with that." He said with a smile then walked away. I looked at the list of addresses. "Mr. Nathan is up next." I said to myself as I walked to his house.

When I got to the house, I knocked on the door, but no answer. Then, I heard a voice from above me. "Hello, down there!" I looked up to see a blond headed man with blue eyes, sitting on the roof. "Are you looking for someone?" He asked. "Because I think I can help!" Shocked to see him up there, I nodded. "Um, yeah. I'm looking for a Mr.-" I looked at the paper with addresses, then back up at the man. "Nathan Kelleher. Do you know where he is?" The man stood up. "You're at the right house!" He said as he started to walk down, but slipped backwards, and slid down the roof, tumbling forward and falling on his face when he hit the ground. "Are you ok, sir?!" I asked as I helped him up. "Yeah, I'm fine. I've had worse falls." He looked at me and smiled. "I'm Nathan, by the way." He said as he reached his hand out for me to shake. I smiled and shook his hand. "I'm Hannah. Nice to meet you. If I may ask, what were you doing on the roof?" I asked. "Just enjoying the view." Said Nathan. "It's nice, up there. You can see everything that goes on. Yeah, some people would say I'm crazy, for going up there, but I don't mind." He smiled, then pointed at a nearby lamppost. "You see that?" He asked. "Have you ever tried standing on one of those, balancing on one foot? I have. It's not easy, but I always try and see how long I can stay up there."

"I've climbed to the top of trees, before." I said. "It's pretty easy with a little practice." Nathan smiled. "I've climbed the biggest building in this town, before. You want to know what the biggest building, is?" He leaned in closer to whisper in my ear. "Mr. Sable's house." I looked at Nathan in confusion and disbelief. "Mr. Sable? Who's that?" I asked. "Mr. Sable is a rich man, who used to explore to all sorts of places. He's met many different monster girls, and been through many dangers. He's also a skilled swordsman. He told me that he used to be the sheriff of the castle town of succubus, along with the boundaries of the demon realm." Said Nathan. "Some of the townsfolk here don't believe him, but I do. I know, because a traveler from the demon realm who came here, once, referred to him as the 'peacekeeper.' That's quite a title, don't you think?" He asked. I smiled. "Sounds like he's pretty well known." I looked at the small box I was holding. "Oh, I just remembered. This is for you, Mr. Nathan." I said as I handed him the box. "You ordered this from Tanuki kingdom, right?" He took the box. "Why yes, I did. Thank you! Are you a new employee?" He asked. I shook my head. "I'm only working part time, to get money to pay for the inn." Nathan nodded. "Oh, ok. Well, I hope you get enough money." He said with a smile. "Thanks. Have a nice day!" I said as I walked away.

I got back to Tanuki Kingdom, and walked in. "Welcome back, Hannah." Said Nookie, as she walked downstairs with a long, skinny box. "I have one more delivery, for you." I walked over to her and took the box. "Leave it to me! Who does it go to?" I asked. "It goes to a man named Pierce Sable." She said. "Make sure to handle that box with care. Don't want any scratches or anything on what's in that box." I nodded my head. "Don't worry. I'll be careful with it." Nookie handed me an envelope that has a sticker that looks like the green leaf symbol, sealing is closed. "Don't forget to give this to him, as well." She said. I took the letter and walked to the door. "I'll be back." I said, as I walked out.
Chapter 6: Pierce Sable, Former Sheriff
"This is the place, huh?" I said to myself as I looked at the tall house in front of me. The house is three stories tall, and has two windows on each side. The house is white, with a brown door that says 'House of Pierce Sable' above it. "Nathan's right." I said to myself. "This is the biggest building in town." There was a fence surrounding the front yard, where a few dummies slashed in half lie on the ground, lifeless and broken. I walked up to the door, looking at the sign above the door. "A former sheriff of the succubus castle town, huh?" I shrugged, and knocked on the door. There was silence. I knocked on the door again, and waited for a couple minutes. Still no answer. 'He's probably not here.' I thought to myself. 'I guess I'll look somewhere else." I turned around, looking back at the door that remained closed. As I started to walk away, I heard the door open.

"Sorry about that." Said a voice behind me. I turned around and saw a tall man with brown hair and green eyes. "I was a little busy. I hope I didn't make you wait too long." He said, then looked at my shirt. "Are you a new employee of Nookie's, or are you working part time?" I walked up to him. "I'm working part time, so I can earn money to sleep at the inn." I said. "Oh, so you're a traveler? Where are you headed to?" Asked the man. "I'm on my way to the demon realm." The man nodded. "Oh, that's cool! I used to be there. What are you heading to the demon realm, for?" He asked. "I'm going to go see someone I haven't seen in a long time." I said. "I'm meeting a boy named Allen, who I've met a long time ago. I haven't seen him in a while, so I decided to go to the demon realm." The man smiled.

"Oh, I know Allen." He said. "He did visit me on the way back to the demon realm. We had a nice chat, then he mentioned something to me about a girl named Hannah." He tilted his head slightly to the right. "That doesn't happen to be you, does it?" He asked. "Yup. That's me." I said with a smile. The man reached out his hand for me to shake. "Nice to meet you. I'm Pierce." I shook his hand. "Nice to meet you, Pierce. I heard a few things from a guy named Nathan." Pierce started to laugh. "So you met Nathan? That guy's a little bit of the odd ball. Once, I went to a neighboring town to visit a friend, and when I came back, I found him sitting on my roof." Pierce looked at the box. "I don't remember ordering anything." He said. I handed him the letter. "Nookie also told me to give this to you." Pierce nodded and took the letter, and opened it up. After reading it, he smiled. "Oh, I see." He said, then took the box. "This is a gift from her. A farewell gift."

"A farewell gift? Are you leaving?" I asked. "Yup. I'm moving out. Going back to the demon realm." Said Pierce as he turned around and walked in his house, leaving the door open. "Come on in." I walked in, to see a room with a couple couches arranged in the shape of an L, with a square glass table in front of them, that has a few boxes set on it. A there is a fireplace on the back wall near the left corner, while in the center is an opening to a different room. There is an opening on the left and right walls, as well. "Nookie's coming by later to help." Said Pierce as he set the box on one of the couches, and opened it up. I could see his eyes widen with excitement.

"Aw, sweet!" He pulled out what looks like some kind of long black stick, with a handle. "She got me a katana, huh?" He pulled it out of it's sheath, revealing a silver blade. "Looks nice!" He said while looking at it, then looked at me. "Thanks for delivering." He said with a smile. He stared at me for a while. "You're an archer?" He asked. "Why yes, I am." I said while getting my bow off my back. He looked at the bow. "That's a pretty impressive bow." Said Pierce. "I was wondering if I could test your skills out with some archery practice. I have my own range." He put the katana back in the sheath, and walked to the entrance on the back wall. "Come with me." He said before going in.

I followed him in, to see a big room, meant for sparring, shooting, and training. "Alright. How about target practice, first?" Said Pierce, as he pointed to a target on the wall. "You think you can hit that?" I got out an arrow from the sheath on my back, and pulled it back on the bowstring, and aimed it at the middle of the target. Once I let go, the arrow hit the very center of the target. I got out another arrow, and aimed for the target above it. It hit the very middle, once again. I took a few steps to my right, so I'm facing the next target. I pulled out an arrow, and stepped back quite a few steps. "You sure you want to try that far away?" Asked Pierce. "Yeah, this won't be a problem." I said, then pulled the string back and aimed it at the target. When I let go, it hits dead center, once more. I aimed one more at the target above, and it hits the middle, too. Pierce started clapping. "That's quite impressive." He said with a smile.

"Thanks." I said, then walked to the targets to retrieve my arrows. "Have you ever used a sword, before?" Asked Pierce. I shook my head. "No, I only used a bow. Although, I do know hand to hand combat." I said. Pierce nodded. "Ah, ok." He said. "How about testing your skill with moving targets? I throw a few small archer dummies, and you try to shoot them." I nodded my head in agreement. "That would be fine." I said with a smile. Pierce walked over to a basket next to the targets on the wall, and got out a bunch of fake birds. "Alright. I'm gonna throw these dummy birds in the air, and you have to shoot them, ok?" He asked. I nodded my head, and loaded my bow with an arrow. Pierce threw a dummy bird in the air, and without hesitation, I shot an arrow at it. A direct hit. Pierce threw another one, and I hit it again. Each dummy bird he threw, I managed to hit with an arrow, until he was all out of birds to throw.

"Impressive!" He said while clapping his hands. "Thanks!" I said with a smile as I took my arrows out of the dummy birds, and threw them back into the basket. Pierce started to pick some of the birds up, and throw them into the basket, handing me the arrows. After all the birds are in the basket, I looked at him. "So why are you moving back to the demon realm?" I asked. "Well, not only did I use to be a sheriff, in the castle town, but I was one of the soldiers who served for the demon lord. One of the best, actually. I heard from the messenger that there's a lot of trouble going on. I'm going back to see if I can help, in any way I can." He said. Things seemed to make sense to me. "That's the reason why Allen left, too." I said, remembering the messenger bird talk to Allen about going back to the demon realm.

"I'll be leaving by tomorrow." Said Pierce. "All my stuff is gonna be sold to Nookie, since I can't carry all of it with me. Well, everything except new katana you delivered." I suddenly remembered that I have to go back to the shop. "Hey, Pierce, I wish I could stay longer, but I have to go." I said. "Nookie's waiting for me." Pierce nodded. "Ok, no problem." He said with a smile. I walked to the entrance of the room. He walked to me, and we both walked to the door entrance of the house. "Sorry for keeping you." He said. "Oh no, it's fine." I said with a smile. "It was nice talking to you." I walked out the door. "See you later!" Said Pierce. I walked away, and waved at him before heading towards the store.

/////////////////////

Pierce sable is based off of TMM's second in command and head policeman, (or "the peacekeeper") Pierce
Chapter 7: Pierce Negotiates
"Hey Nookie, I'm back!" I entered the shop to see one of Nookie's little sisters behind the counter. I can't tell which one she is, since they're twins."Oh, hello." She said with a smile. I walked up to the counter. "Where's Nookie?" I asked. "Nee-san is with my sister, upstairs." Said the little tanuki girl. "Oh, ok." I said with a smile. "So, which, which one are you? I asked. "I'm Migi. Hidari and I are the same age, but she always treats me like a child." Said Migi. She's always looking out for me, just like how Nee-san looks out for the both of us." I smiled. "It must be nice, having sisters." I said. "You mean you don't have any sisters, Hannah-san?" Asked Migi. I shook my head. "No, I was an only child. I lived in the nearby forest, with just my parents." I said. Migi tilted her head slightly to the right. "Oh, so you're THAT werewolf, Hannah?" Her head turned to normal position, and she smiled. "Allen told us about you. He was right all about you, being smart, kind, and pretty." I started to blush. "He really said that about me?" I asked. Migi nodded. "He said a lot of other good things about you, too, but it would be best if you heard it from him, when you get to the Demon Realm." She said.

Nookie came downstairs. "Oh, hey Hannah!" She said. "I didn't hear you come in." She walked over to Migi. "Thanks for watching the store." She said with a smile. "Oh, Nee-san. Hannah-san is the same Hannah-san that Allen told us about." Nookie looked at me with surprised. "Really??" She asked, before coming over and shaking my hand. "I can't believe I didn't realize this, sooner! It's so nice to meet you. Allen said so many nice things about you!" I blushed bright red, and Nookie started to laugh. "Well, anyways, let me get you the money I promised." Nookie walked behind the counter, and got out a bunch of gold coins. "Ninety eight, ninety nine, one hundred!" She handed me the coins. "There you go! One hundred gold!" I smiled and took the gold. "Thank you!" I said, then put the gold in my pocket. "I guess I should return this to you." I took off the work uniform, revealing the green shirt I had under it, and gave it to Nookie. "Thank you!" She said. I nodded, and walked out the door. That's when I saw Ally, walking by. "Hey Ally!" I said as I waved to her. Ally looked at me and smiled. "Hey Hannah!" She walks up to me. "What's up?"

"I just finished my part time job." I said. "Do you know where the inn is?" Ally smiled and nodded. "Why, yes, I do. Follow me." She started to walk away, and I followed her. Once we got to the entrance of the inn, I looked at Ally and smiled. "Thanks for leading me here!" I said. "No problem." Replied Ally. "Well, I'll be going, now. See you later, Hannah." She said, before walking away. I walked into the inn, where a werecat, standing behind the counter, waved to me. "Welcome!" She said with a smile. I walked up to the counter. "Would you like to stay for a while?" Asked the werecat. "Yes, please." I said. "How much is it to stay one night?" The werecat pointed to the book on the counter, with a pen next to it. "Staying just one night is free. You just need to sign into the guest book." She said. "Oh, ok." I said as I opened the book, and signed my name in an open space. The werecat handed me a key with a tag on it that had the number 24, on it. "Here's your room key. You can take the stairs to reach the second floor." She said, while pointing to a staircase on the right. "Alright. Thank you!" I said, as I walked to the staircase, and began walking up the stairs.

When I got to the second floor, I walked along the doors until I got to room 24. I used the key to unlock the door, and walked in. The carpet was dark blue, and there was a bed meant for two people, with white sheets covering it. On the opposite wall, there was a window with light blue curtains draped over it. I set my things next to the door and walked to the window, where I could see most of the town. The sun just now started to set, leaving the sky an orangish color, fading to blue, the further away from the sun it is. Nice view. I wonder what it would look like on the top floor?" I said. That's when my stomach started to growl. I guess I'll go get something to eat. I thought to myself. I left the room an locked the door back, then headed downstairs. I walked up to the counter, where the werecat looked at me and smiled. "Oh, hello!" She said. "What can I do for you?"

"Do you know a place where I can get something to eat?" I asked. "The restaurant to the right of us has some very good food." Said the werecat. I nodded. "Ok, thank you!" I said, then headed out the door. I walked to the restaurant and opened the door. There were a lot of tables inside, and only a few people sitting at some of them. A nekomata, behind the bar counter in the back, waved at me. "Welcome!" She said. "Sit wherever you like, and I'll be there to take your order, shortly." I smiled and nodded, then sat at a table near the left of the room, facing the entrance. At that moment, Pierce walked in. He saw me, and walked over to my table. "Hey Hannah. Is it ok if I sit with you?" He asked. "Sure, go ahead!" I said with a smile. He nodded, and sat across from me. The nekomata walked up to the table. "Sorry for the wait." She said to me. "It's fine." I said with a smile. "Where's your sister?" Asked Pierce. The nekomata looked at Pierce. "She's taking the day off, so it's just me." She said. "Anyways, would you two like to order?"

"I'll have some chicken noodle curry soup." Said Pierce. "Make that two." I added in. "And what would you like to drink with that?" Asked the Nekomata. "Can I have some tea?" I asked. "Yeah, you can have tea." She said. "Would you like it hot or cold?" I thought for a moment. "I'll have it hot." I said. The nekomata nodded. "And what about you, Pierce?" She asked while looking at Pierce. "I'll be fine with water." He said. The nekomata nodded, before walking to the back of the restaurant. "So, when do you plan on leaving town?" Asked Pierce. "I plan on going tomorrow morning." I said. Pierce smiled. "Cool, me too!" The nekomata came back with a glass of ice water for Pierce, and a cup of steaming hot tea for me. "Here you go!" She said. "You're food will be ready, momentarily!" I smiled. "Thank you!" I said. She smiled back, then walked to the back of the restaurant. Pierce takes a drink from his water. "You know, getting to the demon realm isn't the safest trip in the world." He said. "And it's gonna take quite a while to get there on foot. You seem to be a good fighter, but since you're an archer, you might be vulnerable to sword attacks." The words Allen said to me, once, when he was gonna fight off some order troops that came to the forest, came to mind.

You're an archer, so I'd imagine that you'd be vulnerable to close-combat.

"And, while I have skill in all sorts of weapons, one of my best is with swords. Two fighting together is better than one, especially if they have different strengths, because they can use them to help each other out." Pierce started to smile. "It's also fun to travel with someone. Not as quiet on the road, as it would be when traveling alone." I thought about the offer. Pierce seems like a nice guy, but can I trust him? He makes a point about how we can help each other out in right situations. But, why would he want to help me out? Does he think of me as a friend? Is it because Allen wouldn't like it if something happened? He also makes a point about how it's more fun being with someone than being alone. I definitely know that feeling. But I don't know him that well, though. I just met him, today, and now he wants to travel with me?

The nekomata came back with two bowls of soup that has chicken, noodles, and a bunch of different vegetables. "Here you go!" She said with a smile. "Thanks." Said Pierce. "Is there anything else I can get you?" She asked. "No, we're fine." I said with a smile. The nekomata nodded, before walking to the back of the restaurant. I took a spoonful of soup. "Yum!" I said with a smile, after swallowing. Pierce started to eat his, as well. "So, what do you say?" He asked. I looked down at my soup. If Allen trusts him, I can trust him, too. I thought to myself. I looked back up at Pierce. "Sounds like a good idea!" I said. "We can travel together." Pierce smiled. "Great! I'll come to the inn to get you, tomorrow, so we can go." He said. "For now, lets just enjoy our food." I nodded in agreement as I took a sip from my tea, which is still steaming hot, then started to eat the rest of my soup.
Chapter 8: Leaving town with Pierce
woke up to the sun shining through the hotel window. After I got out of bed, I walked over to the window and looked out. I looked down at the entrance. Pierce hasn't showed up yet. He might be making final preparations before moving. I changed out of my pajamas that the hotel let me wear, and into my clothes that were newly washed by an employee. I walked to the bathroom and started to get ready by brushing my teeth, hair, and tail. After I've gotten ready, and about to leave the room, someone knocked on the door. "Delivery for Hana Gasa, from Tanuki kingdom." Said the voice of the werecat I met, yesterday. I opened the door to see her with a basket covered by a small blanket. There was a delicious smell made me smile as my tail started wagging. "Oh, hello!" I said. "Goodmorning." Replied the werecat. "This came for you from Nookie, Hidari, and Migi." She handed me the basket. "Thank you!" I said with a smile, as I took the basket. The werecat nodded, and walked away. I closed the door and set the basket on the bed and took the blanket off, revealing three loaves of freshly baked bread, and a bowl that had white rice on one side, and some kind of brownish sauce with meat, carrots, onions, and potatoes in it. I noticed a card next to the bowl, with a green leaf on it. I picked it up, and read the inside.

Please enjoy this curry rice, and bread, as a thanks for helping me with your part time job. If you're ever in our town, again, be sure to stop by.

Sincerely, Nookie, Hidari, and Migi

I looked at the bowl of curry rice. There is a pair of chopsticks on the right of the bowl. I took the bowl out, along with the chopsticks, and picked up a chunk of meat in the sauce. The spicy flavor of the sauce, along with the tenderness of the meat, danced on my taste buds with the delicious taste. My tail started to wag, as I ate some of the white rice. It's tasteless sensation calmed down the spiciness of the sauce, a little. I continued to eat the curry rice, until every last bit of it is gone. I sighed with relief as it settles in my stomach. I took the loaves of bread and wrapped them in the blanket, to eat at a later time. I set the bowl in the basket, and stood up. Picking up the basket, I walked to the door, taking the rest of my stuff as I walked outside my room. Once I got downstairs, the werecat behind the counter noticed the empty basket. "I can return that to Nookie, for you, if that's ok." She said. I looked at her and smiled. "You would? Thank you!" I said as I set the basket on the counter. The werecat smiled. "No problem!" She said. I walked to the hotel entrance. "I'll be going, now." The werecat waved at me. "Alright. Thanks for staying, and I hope to see you again, if you ever come by our little town!" When I walked out, I saw Pierce coming. He has on a black jacket, with a white under shirt, along with blue pants, with the sheath of a sword on the left of his waist. He had on a blue backpack that looked like it was packed with things needed for camping, and such. "Hey Hannah!" He said with a smile. "You ready to go?" He asked. I smiled. "Yes, I am." I said. "I already ate, but if you want to eat at the restaurant, that's ok." Pierce shook his head. "No, it's fine. I already had breakfast, so there's no need." I nodded. "Alright. So where will we be going, first?" Pierce thought for a moment. "Well, if we go now, we might be able to make it to the next town. If not, we can just camp out for the night." He said, then noticed the blanket used to carry the bread loaves in. "What's that?" I opened up the blanket. "It's bread that Nookie gave me along with a plate of curry rice." I said. "Want one?"

"Later." Said Pierce. "We can save them as snacks for whenever we get hungry while on the road." I tied the blanket back up and tied it to the strap on my sheath of arrows. "Alright." I said. "Since there's only three, we can limit ourselves to half a loaf, once in between towns." Pierce nodded. "Sounds like a good idea to me!" He said. "I guess we should get going, now. Please, follow me." He started to walk away, and I followed him. We eventually get to the exit of the town. A sign, similar to the sign I saw when entering the town, stood up high for people to walk under. "Alright. Let's be on our way." Said Pierce. Suddenly, I heard a voice from a nearby tree. "Hey!" It called out. From outside the town entrance, Nathan sat on a branch in the nearest tree. Pierce looked at him and laughed. "Nathan, you monkey!" He said. "How long were you up there?" Nathan shrugged. "I don't know!" He said with a laugh. "I just know it was before sunrise!" I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Why did you get up there so early in the morning?" I asked. "I wanted to make sure I didn't miss you guys!" Said Nathan. "Are you two leaving together?"

"Of course we are!" Said Pierce. "We're going the same direction, after all!" I nodded in agreement. "Oh, that's cool!" Said Nathan. "Have fun on your journey!" Pierce and I started to walk out of the town. "We will!" Said Pierce. "I'll make sure to write to you guys, every now and then!" I smiled and waved to Nathan as we left. "Bye Nathan!" I said. "Hope to see you again some day!" Nathan waved back, as we walked along the path. When we got to a certain point, I looked back. I can just barely see the tree, and Nathan still in it. "How long does he stay on top of things after climbing them?" I asked Pierce. "Either until nightfall, when he gets bored, or when he falls off." Pierce said with a shrug. "He's a strange one, but I have to admit. It's fun, having him around. I'll never forget the one time when I saw him on top my house. The guy accidentally rolled off the roof, and fell flat on his face." He started to laugh. "I was surprised when he was ok, but I'm sure that he's had worse falls, before." I laughed a little. "He said so, after he slipped and fell off his own roof when I delivered his package to him."

We continued to talk as we walked along the path. "So, I'm guessing you've met the messenger bird, already?" Asked Pierce. "Yeah, I have." I said. "I've never met a talking bird, before." Pierce shrugged. "He has a human form, but he prefers his bird form. I don't blame him. It's safer, that way." I looked at Pierce and tilted my head slightly to the left. "Why is it safer for him to be in his bird form?" I asked. Pierce thought for a moment. "Well, the messenger is one of the few male monsters in this world, who either weren't transformed into one from a human, like incubi, or didn't come from a different world." He said. "Male monsters, or just guys in general, born from monster girls, doesn't happen very often. Monster girls are supposed give birth to monster girls, but on rare occasions, it does happen." I looked at the path ahead, thinking about Allen, and how he said he was the demon lord's son. "I'm sure of it, that while Allen was with you, that some order troops have came at least once." Said Pierce. "That's because it's believed monster girls are evil, and humanity might go extinct, if they're not exterminated, or something. I think Allen already told you about how he is living proof that monster girls are not really evil." I looked at him. "Same goes with the messenger. Pretty much, to the order, male monster equals the fact that monster girls are not evil, every human starts to question the order's way of things, and humans against the coexistence of them and monster girls are the real corrupted ones." Pierce looked at me. "I, for one, think that the order is just too cowardly to accept the fact that what they believe in is wrong." He said. "I agree." I said with a smile, and we continued talking as we walked along the path.

Eventually, the sun was starting to set. I looked at the sun setting. "Wow..." Pierce watched it, as well. "I have to admit. It is quite a sight." He said. "Have you ever seen the sun set?" I shook my head. "Too many trees in my forest. When it gets to this point, I can't even see the son. Just the orange sky, and the shadows get really big, so it kind of darkens the whole place up." I said. "Sounds like it gives off a mysterious feel to it." Said Pierce. "What's it like in the morning, just right when the sun rises?" I looked at Pierce. "Same thing, but the sky is pink, and the shadows are facing the other way. It kind of gives off a more soothing feeling, rather than mysterious, in my opinion." I said. "That's because with the sun rising, the shadows get smaller, and with the son setting, the shadows grow larger." Said Pierce. "Anyways, I guess it should be time to start camp, since it's getting dark." He walked to a tree just next to the path and sat down, taking off his backpack. He opened it up and got out a two rolled up sleeping bags. "It doesn't look like we would need the tent, tonight, so we can just have the sleeping bags out and start a fire to cook." He said. I nodded in agreement. "That sounds like a good idea!" I said with a smile. Pierce stood up. "If you roll out the sleeping bags, I can go look for fire supplies." He said.

"I can do that." I said, then Pierce walked away and I started to unhook the sleeping bags to roll them out.
Chapter 9: Camping, Magic, and the discussion of Hannah's Past
"Alright! The fire's started. I'll start cooking." Said Pierce. I tilted my head slightly to the left. "You don't have to cook. I can do it, if you're ok with that." I said. Pierce looked at me. "You sure? I mean, I can cook, you don't have to." He said. I nodded. "Yeah, it's fine. I mean, you went out of your way to get the firewood, the least I can do is cook the meal." I said. Pierce smiled. "Well, if that's what you want, I won't stop you." He reached into his backpack and got different kind of meats, vegetables, and spices, including salt and pepper. "What do you think you can make out of this?" He asked. I looked at all the ingredients, which were arranged in an orderly fashion in multible packages, each ingredient labled. I smiled. "I'll see what I can do." Pierce nodded. "Alright. I guess I'll get things set up. If you want to use something other than a pot, I have a pan, and a grill plate, if you'd prefer that. They're kinda small, but hey..." He said with a shrug. "It's better than nothing, right?" I smiled and nodded with agreement. "I think the pot'll do." I said. "I have an idea of what to make." Pierce nodded. "Alright. I'll get it set up!" He got out a grill surface and a few bars. He set the bars around the camptire and set the grill surface on top of them, then the pot on top of that. He got out a canteen and poured water into the pot. "There you go. You can pick out the ingredients you want to use, while waiting for the water to boil." He said. I smiled. "Alright. Thanks, Pierce!"

After I made some kind of soup using some of the ingredients, I looked at Pierce. "It's done." I said. Pierce got out a couple of small bowls and spoons. He handed me one bowl and spoon. "What did you make? It smells good." He said with a smile. I shrugged. "The recipe doesn't really have a name. It's a recipe my father knew. He taught me a lot about cooking when I was a kid. He told me that you can judge a lot about how something's gonna taste, just by the smell." I said as I used my bowl to scoop out some of the soup. "He sounds like a good cook." Pierce said with a smile. "He did more than just cooking." I said. "He taught me how to fight using hand-to-hand combat, and I learned most of my archery techniques from him. While he never taught me how to hunt, but he told me it's best to keep my eyes on the target, and focus. If it's moving, try to predict it's next move before shooting." I took a spoonful of soup out of my bowl and ate it. "Sounds like he was a pretty good archer, too." Said Pierce. "How come he never taught you how to hunt?" I stared at the soup inside my bowl. "He was planning to, on my eighth birthday, but..." I hesitated for a moment, then let out a sigh. "Sorry. It's kind of tough, talking about it." Pierce nodded. "I'm sorry. If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine." He said. I looked at him and smiled. "No, it's fine. If you want ask anything about it, go ahead."

"So, what happened to him?" Asked Pierce. I hesitated for a moment, thinking of how to explain it. "My mother died of an illness when I was seven, and after my father burried her, he just left. No idea where he went, or why, but he said he wasn't gonna come back, and he gave me this." I pulled the orange gem out of my pocket, and held it towards Pierce. It started glowing, and felt warmer and warmer, to the point where it's too hot to touch. I quickly dropped it, drawing my hand back to keep from burning myself. It rolled next to the campfite, which quickly grew bigger and bigger, as the flames lashed upward, violently. "Woah!" Pierce and I backed up, and Pierce poured the some of his water from his canteen not on the fire, but on the gem, somehow causing the fire to calm down. I picked up the gem. It didn't feel as hot as it was, and the glowing was a lot more faint. "How did that happen?" I asked. "There's only one answer to that, that I could think of." Said Pierce. "It's a very powerful fire gem. Did your father know any magic?" I thought for a moment. "Not that I know of." I said. Pierce nodded. "How about you? Do you know any fire magic?" He asked. I shrugged. "As far as I know, not really. I mean, I've had things randomly catch on fire, before, but I can't control fire." Pierce thought for a moment. "That's interesting. Things don't just randomly catch on fire. There's always a cause. Can you tell me about some of the times when something just 'randomly' caught on fire?"

I thought for a moment. "Well, one time, when I was preparing the stove to cook, the wood used to make the fire under it, caught on fire, before I was even ready to try and start a fire." Pierce thought about what I just said. Judging by his face expression, he never heard something like that happen, before. "That's odd..." He said. "I don't know what could have possibly happened, there. What other situations like that, happened, when something caught on fire out of nowhere?" I thought some more, trying to remember another situation. "Well, one time, I shot a dear in the eye. When it died, and I went to pick it up, it's whole face and neck was burnt." Pierce was really confused. "Yeah, there's no way that could possibly happen." He said. "The only possible explanation I could think of is that you have fire magic that you're unable to control." He said with a shrug. "How often do situations like that happen?" He asked. "Not very often." I said. "I think it's happened to me, about three times." Pierce tilted his head slightly to the right. "What was the third time?" He asked. "When I was sitting next to the lake I hang out at in my forest, and some nearby grass just suddenly bursts into flames." I said. Pierce thought for a moment. "Well, there could have been somethig that caused that. For example, the grass could have been really dry, and it became a fire hazard." He said. I shrugged.

"Well, whatever happened, I'm just glad the forest didn't burn down because of it." I said, then looked at the orange gem in my hand. "Kind to think of it, I had this thing with me at that time. The other times, I didn't even have it with me." Pierce shrugged. "From what I'm hearing, it sounds like you absorbed from of the magic from it, over time. If you have the gem with you, it'll make your magic stronger." He said. "But that's as much as I can understand. I don't know any magic, so I can't really help you much, there." He ate some of his soup. "Wow, this is really good!" He said with a smile. "Thank you." I said. "It's something I've been cooking for a long time." Pierce ate some more of the soup. "I must say, you're quite the cook!" He said. "I love how the spices you used just seem to go together, keeping from each flavor from overpowering another. The chicken you used let out the broth when cooking, and mixed in with the flavors, making it taste wonderful. You really seem to know what you're doing." He said as he continued to eat. "Thank you!" I said with a smile. "I'm glad you like it."

We continued to eat our meal until there was no soup left in the pot. I laid back and stared up at the stars. "That was nice." I said. "Indeed it was." Said Pierce. "So, I have a question, regarding your father, if that's ok." I sat up and looked at him. "Sure, what's the question?" I asked. "What's your father's name?" Asked Pierce. I thought for a moment. I only remember hearing his name once, and that was years ago. "I believe his name was... Moyasu." I said. Pierce's eyes widened. "Moyasu?!" He asked. "His name is... Moyasu!?" He stared at me in disbelief. "You can't be serious." I tilted my head slightly to the left. "You know him?" I asked. "Well..." Pierce scratched the back of his head. "I may have heard of the name, once or twice." He said. "Anyways, I guess we should be getting to bed." I nodded with agreement, then got into my sleeping back. "Goodnight, Hannah." Said Pierce. "Goodnight." After Pierce fell asleep, I lied there, in my sleeping bag, staring at the fire. 'What was that all about?' I thought to myself. 'Why did Pierce react like that when I told him?' I continued to ponder about why Pierce acted like that, when my thoughts got interrupted by my own yawn. After that, I decided not to think about it, and went to sleep.
Chapter 10: Ariving at the city
I woke up to the sun rising. I sat up and saw a put out campfire, and Pierce packing up his things. He looked at me and smiled. "Oh, you're awake." He said. "Goodmorning!" I got out of my sleeping bag. "Goodmorning!" I said to him with a smile, then rolled up my sleeping bag. "Where are we headed, next?" I asked. "We're headed to Magna City." Said Pierce. "I'm sure we're not too far away. We should be able to get breakfast. I'll need to get a few things, there, then after that, we can set off." I smiled and nodded, then picked up the sleeping bag and handed it to him. "Thanks!" He said. Then I stood up, and we both started to walk along the path. Pierce looked at me. "Hey, if it's ok, can I see that gem you showed me, last night?" He asked. I took it out of my pocket. "Sure, you can see it." I said as I handed him the gem. He held it up and observed it. "Hmm...." He turned it around, looking at it. "Amazing." He said. "It looks as if there's actually fire burning on the inside. I wonder what would happen if it breaks? Might not be a good idea to found out." He handed me the gem. "Here you go." He said. I took the gem. "Thank you!" I said with a smile.

We continued to walk along the path. "Hey, Pierce." Pierce looked at me. "Yeah, Hannah? What's up?" He asked. "About last night, when I told you my dad's name..." I hesitated for a moment, suddenly getting the feeling that Pierce won't want to talk about whether or not something happened between him and my father. "You said you heard his name once or twice. Where exactly did you hear it?" Pierce looked at the path ahead of us. "The name just sounded familiar, is all." He said. "I heard the name while traveling, in the past." I stayed silent for a moment. He obviously doesn't want to talk about it, so I just nodded. "Ok." I said, then looked at the path ahead. "So Hannah, I'm curious." Said Pierce. "You've told me about your father, but you didn't talk a whole lot about your mother. What's she like?" I shrugged. "She was pretty much the typical werewolf, but there was something about her, that was different." I said. "She wasn't a werewolf when she was born. She was a human." Pierce looked at me. "A human, huh? How did she and your father meet?" I thought for a moment. "From what my dad told me, they were planning on getting married beforehand, and since their hometown didn't accept monsters, he built our house in the forest so they could live together."

"So that's how he got together with a monster girl..." Pierce muttered under his breath. "But then, how...?" I looked at him. "What was that?" I asked. "Huh?" Pierce looked at me. "Oh, nothing. I was just thinking about what you said." He said. "Oh... Well, ok." I said as we continued walking. Soon, I see a few buildings come into view, then a whole lot more buildings showed up. "There it is." Said Pierce. "That's Magna City." I watched as more and more buildings came into viw. "It looks like a really big place." I said. Pierce laughed. "And that's only part of it. It's a lot bigger than it looks." I looked at him in surprise. "Really??" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah, it's a pretty big city. I'll have to get a map, or two, there, and then we can probably get some other stuff, and get going." Said Pierce. "I knoe my way around the land, but I'll need to get you a map, though, and teach you how to read it. It'll be useful for later." I nodded. "Ok." I said with a smile, then heard my stomach growl. I got the blanket that held the bread, and took a loaf out. I broke the loaf in half. "Want the other half?" I asked Pierce, while offering him the half of bread. "Sure." He said with a smile as he accepted the bread, and took a bite out of it. I tied the blanket back up and took a bite out of my bread.

Soon, both of us finished our halves of the bread. "That was pretty good!" said Pierce. "But that's nothing to be surprised, since it was made by Nookie. She's a pretty good cook." I nodded my head in agreement. "It was good!" I said, then looked ahead of me. The city was just a few yards away. It seems very lively with a lot of people, both humans and monster girls. The buildings look similar to the buildings in Trader's Town, but they're a lot bigger, going up to four stories high. A big sign hung at the entrance, saying, 'Welcome to Magna City!' When we entered the city, Pierce looked around. "Alright." He said. "Now, first, lets get a map!" He started to walk to a building that looks much smaller than the others, with only one window on the right, and a door to the left of it with a sign that says "open." When we walked to the shop, Pierce held the door open for me. Inside had many shelves with different kind of things from cheap jewelry, to miniature plush toys of various mamono, to paintings and sketches of different areas, that look like they would most likely be in the city. A succubus girl with red hair, dark blue demon like wings, a devil tail, and horns, came out of a different room, behind the counter. She has on a white, collard shirt, with buttons going in a line all the way to the bottom, buttoned up to her breasts, and a short, blue skirt. "Welcome!" She said. "What can I get you two, today?" Pierce smiled and waved at the girl. "Hey there." He said. "Do you sell any maps, here?"

"World maps, or land maps?" Asked the girl. "Land maps." Replied Pierce. The girl nodded. "Why yes, I do." She said. "Let me get one." She turned around and took a folded piece of paper off of a display holder on the wall, then turned to Pierce and I. "Here you go!" She said with a smile. Pierce got out a couple of silver colored coins. "Here you go." He said as he took the map, and gave her the coins. "Is there anything else you need?" Asked the girl. Pierce looked at me. "Anything you see that you think you need?" He asked. I looked around. Nothing seemed to catch my interest, so I shook my head to Pierce. "No, I'm good." I said. Pierce nodded. "That's all we need." He said to the girl, before heading towards the entrance. "Ok, thank you, and come again!" Said the succubus girl, then both of us left the shop. "Alright." Said Pierce. "Now lets find a place to eat." After a little while of walking, we eventually get to a building with a sign that said 'Bovine Breakfast House.' There were a few tables outside, surrounded by a fence, with another door leading into the same restaurant. Pierce smiled when he looked up at the sign. "Well, we're here." He said, then looked at me. "This place has been here for a while. I came here a few years back, and the food's really good! It's my favorite place to eat at."

"Is that so?" I asked, as I looked at the entrance of the restaurant. "Come on. Let's go inside." Said Pierce. He opened the the door for me, as we walked in. The floor has white tiles, and there are old pictures of farms and stuff on the walls. A girl with cow-like features comes up to us. She is wearing a blue apron, and a white shirt under it. "Welcome to the Bovine Breakfast house!" She said with a smile. "Would you like a table inside, or outside?" Pierce looked at me. "I'm fine either way." He said. "What about you?" I thought for a moment. "How about a table outside?" I asked. Pierce nodded, then turned to the holstaurus. "We'd like a table outside." He said. "Alright. Right this way!" Said the holstaurus, as she led us to a room on the right, then out a door, to the outside area of tables. We sat down at a table near the surrounding fence. "What would you like to drink?" Asked the holstaurus. "I'll have some coffee." Replied Pierce. "I'm fine with water." I added in. The holstaurus nodded. "Alright. I'll have your drinks ready in a few minutes." She said, then walked into the building. "So, after this, I'm gonna have to get a few things, but what would you like to do, afterwords?" Asked Pierce. "We can walk around town, go into some shops and buy a few things, or-" As he was talking, an envelope suddenly falls from the sky, onto our table. "Huh?" I picked up the envelope, and looked at it. There was a sticker on the fold in the shape of two white wings, keeping it closed. When I turned it over, there was writing that said: "To Pierce." I looked at Pierce. "It says it's for you." I said, as I handed him the envelope. Pierce opened the envelope, and pulled out a letter, with a light blue feather attached to it. He looked at the letter, then smiled. "Oh, it's from a friend." He said. "I'll let you read it." He handed the letter to me.

Pierce.

I would like to discuss a few things, so when you're available, please meet me outside of Magna city, and we'll head to a more hidden place, so no one can listen to our conversation. You can bring a friend, but I'd prefer you would come alone.

Look forward to seeing you!
-Feathers

Feathers... I thought. Who's Feathers? I stared at the name signed at the bottom for a moment, then handed Pierce the letter. "But anyways, what would you like to do?" He asked. "We can go meet up with that feathers person, if that's ok." I replied. "I honestly can't think of much of a reason for doing otherwise." Pierce nodded. "That's fine with me." He said with a smile. "After I get what I need, we'll go meet up with him."
Chapter 11: Preparations (coming soon)
Last edited by Gamergirl64 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:20 am, edited 8 times in total.
(signature made by Pokemonaces)
Link_Bakeneko
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: leader of the Bakeneko Clan
Favorite Monster Type: Cait Sith(they're such cuties)

Re: Journey to the demon Realm

Post by Link_Bakeneko »

excellent job on the first chapter.
Join the Bakeneko Clan
Gamergirl64
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Gamergirl64 »

Thanks. More to come, pretty soon. :)
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Interesting story so far! I am most of all eager to learn how the divine bird somehow became a messenger for the Demon Lord. Hmm, maybe it has something to do with bringing peace and/or cure something! ^_^

"Everyone's favorite harpy lover" ! Hey I think I might have a new title I can use. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the inclusion in the story. :^^:
Gamergirl64
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Gamergirl64 »

Glad you're liking it, Feathers! By the way, your character doesn't just have the roll of a messenger. He will be seen later on, doing much more than just being a messenger. I may include his backstory, as well. :^^:

And of course, you're everyone's favorite harpy lover! You get along with pretty much everyone on this site, and you love harpies. It just seemed fitting to call you that. :)

By the way...

Chapter 2 is up!

Happy reading. :)
Link_Bakeneko
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Link_Bakeneko »

nice follow up with chapter 2.
Join the Bakeneko Clan
Gamergirl64
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Gamergirl64 »

Thanks, Link! :^^:

Sorry for the wait, but finally...

Chapter 3 is up!

Happy reading! :)
Vendettadabeast
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: THE BEASTLY REBEL
Favorite Monster Type: The,Naughty,Bad and Lustful

Post by Vendettadabeast »

Ah so here's the story, your off to a good start, looking forward to watching Hannah's adventure to the demon realm.

Keep up the good work.
We won't, surrender, nor will we bow down.

We refuse to follow your lead, and accept your orders.

Nor will we obey your rules, and do things your way.

We we will fight for our cause, and die for it with no regrets.

REBEL
Hood
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Succubi Pimp
Favorite Monster Type: Succubi,Slimes,Centaurs,Lamias

Post by Hood »

I dessire to see a bit more before give you a right coment. I would like you to explain the origins of the boy, since MG cannot bear human or (male in this case) children, and why does he have so many succubi traits while being male (it is stated that incubi retain ther human appereance, is the kid an alp?); well it could also means that you are crafting your own world but I would like to hear an official answer. ;)
There are those who would scorn good-natured people. Even if God himself will
not show his face, a heartful person will one day take God's place in
visiting Judgement upon them. This is what is known as "Divine Retribution"
Gamergirl64
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Gamergirl64 »

Well, you'll have to ask Pokemonaces about that, because Allen is not my character. I only got permission to use him in my stories. You might also want to read the prequel: "Hannah and the Demon Boy," too, to understand some things.

I put the link above the chapters so people can get to it, easier. :)
Hood
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Hood »

Well, naw that clear lots of things. Thanks for the link and my apologies if I sounded like a jerk before :^^;:
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

Well, I finally got around to reading it and the prequel, and I have to say nice work!
:goodjob:
I'm looking forward to see how the story will progress.
Hood
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Hood »

Just a guess but...does her big sister's name begins with a big "D" :twisted: ?
Gamergirl64
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Gamergirl64 »

Oh, it's ok. :) It was my fault for not posting the link the first time, anyways.

I will make a chapter where his background information is explained, more. It will be quite later into the story, though.

Thanks, Oersted. :^^:

And, um, no... She doesn't have a sister. :hmm?:
Hood
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Hood »

Oh sorry!!! My bad!!! Bad Keyboard, bad keyboard, what I really wanted to say was:

Just a guess but...does HIS big sister's name begins with a big "D" :twisted: ?
Gamergirl64
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Gamergirl64 »

Oh... :haha: It's ok. :^^: Allen's older sister does have a different name. I think I mentioned her name in the prequel. She will appear later on in this story, though.
Vendettadabeast
Emperess
Emperess

Gamergirl64 wrote:Oh... :haha: It's ok. :^^: Allen's older sister does have a different name. I think I mentioned her name in the prequel. She will appear later on in this story, though.
GG, what hood was implying and hoping was this his older sister

REBEL
Gamergirl64
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Gamergirl64 »

Sorry for the wait, guys. Had a bad case of writers block.

Chapter 4 is up!

Happy reading! :)
Vendettadabeast
Emperess
Emperess

ah, the danuki sales woman, always the best way to find money.

REBEL
Link_Bakeneko
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Link_Bakeneko »

nicely done on chapter 4.
Join the Bakeneko Clan