Before the fall: Sapphire Eye

In a world silently watched by mamono, a lost relic leads a man to realize what is going on...

Post and read continuous or multichapter stories and fiction involving monsters or other creatures from fantasy.
NemesisOmega
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: He who wanders
Favorite Monster Type: Jubjub / Holstaur / Succubus

Before the fall: Sapphire Eye

Post by NemesisOmega »

All right, I came up with the first part of my fiction idea, having fun dreaming this up and writing it, hoping someone enjoys reading it as well, stand by for the next part.

Part 1
Spoiler: show
It all started with that blue gemstone...

Or rather, perhaps with that creepy girl that dropped that gem, unintentionally putting her quarry onto an entirely new path than the one she had intended for him...

This quarry, a young man by the name of Victor Kolstet, a rather unassuming-looking young man with a medium build, short brown hair and dark blue eyes, face affixed with a rather passive expression at the moment, dressed in a grey t-shirt under a black jacket, with black pants and shoes, had just finished work for the day, and had gone to relax and to exercise his legs.

As he had been stepping down a wooded path late in the day, Victor had been passively staring up into the sky, a brilliant blue with no cloud cover, contrasting beautifully with the green of the leafy canopy, and listening quietly to the sounds of the breeze blowing through the trees, though... something about the noise... didn’t seem right...

It didn’t seem right at all, something was amiss, and he wanted to figure out what it was, that feeling making the hair on the back of his neck stand on end... almost like... he was being watched...

Though... that couldn’t be right... He was alone out here, and had been for more than an hour since he had gotten to the woods just outside of town, meaning there couldn’t have just been someone appearing there out of thin air...

Looking around at ground level, Victor looked around, eyes skimming the path and underbrush as he attempted to locate the source of the base discomfort in his gut, before picking up a girlish giggle on the edge of his hearing, turning toward the source with a start and looking up, the giggle having come from above, able to see the shadow of a figure at the top of the tree, looking like a rather small person, though that didn’t make sense. “What the-? Who’s there!?” he shouted, able to feel the tension in his legs as he made ready to get away from the figure if he had to.

As soon as she had heard his voice, the figure jumped with a start, a surprised shriek escaping the small person in the tree, before they took off through the top of the tree, seeming to jump up with a stick in hand, before he realized, after a moment, that she had actually disappeared...

He could swear that he had seen her flying above the trees on a BROOM trying to get away from him. “Weeeeell... that was weird...” he commented aloud, blinking dimly a moment or two, as his brain attempted to process what had just happened:

He had been followed out here. STALKED out here by a little girl on a broom... a witch!?

She was obviously a jumpy witch, but this was still proof that there was some kind of force out there beyond what he could see... either that, or someone had drugged him when he wasn’t looking, that was always a possibility, though if that were the case, wouldn’t he be seeing a lot more strangeness out of the area around him?

“Yeaaah... I’m going home now...” he started, before resuming along the path, closer to the end of the circular trail continuing than he would be going backwards. However, as he started along, something caught his eye – a glimmer from something at the base of the tree the witch had been watching from. “What the-?” he started, stepping over to the source of the glimmer, he spotted something blue on the ground, bending and picking up the small object, an eye-like blue gem that looked up at him with a slit ‘pupil’.

“She dropped a gem... that witch dropped this... is it magic...?” he considered, continuing to walk down the path. “If it is, I want to be gone from here by the time she comes back looking for it...” more considering that he didn’t want her to find him here again than not wanting her to catch him stealing whatever this was from her.

Rushing back to his vehicle, Victor then promptly drove home, the strange gem sitting on the seat next to him as he returned home, quietly returning to his bedroom after making a cup of noodles, and setting about trying to figure why it was that this gem seemed so intriguing to him...

Pulling up his computer, Victor began skimming through images of various types of sapphires to attempt to determine what exactly this gem was he was he now found himself in possession of...

/////////////////////////

Meanwhile, as the vehicle left the parking lot beside the woodland trail entrance, a very young, childish-looking mage known as a witch flying over the stretch of trees, having been spooked when she was actually spotted by the human that she had been shadowing, trying to figure out what was it that made the male interesting to her, a delightful aura filling the air as she had been watching him.

Pelting through the sky, trying to keep low enough that others wouldn’t see her flying, even though she had the feeling that HE had seen her flying away, shaking a little as she flew around. “H-he saw me...! N-no! Onee-sama told me not to go flying around and following humans! She’s not gonna like this...” having gotten distracted as she was running errands for her ‘Onee-sama’, a much more powerful mamono than herself who was in charge of watching this area.

“At least I still got her g... her g...” now starting to reach into her pockets, looking for a stone, that Magic Gem that Onee-sama had her retrieve from back home for her, imbued with her own demonic energy, making it a powerful, not to mention pricy, relic. “Oh no! Did I r-r-really drop it!? I can’t have!” as she sifted through all her various pockets, meant to hide various bits and bobs she gathered for her magic.

Turning back and pelting back toward the spot she had flown away from, Anna slowly descended, her childish form dismounting her broom, now looking around frantically on the forest floor “N-n-no! Onee-sama’s gem! It can’t be! She’ll kill me! How could it just be... gone...?” she thought aloud, her relatively childish mind taking a moment or two before she realized something “Wait... the only other person here was... that human... did HE find Onee-sama’s gem!?” pulling her oversized hat down over her ears as she continued to panic. That was EVEN WORSE than him seeing her! He now possessed a magic gem not even of his own world! Of a world that no one was supposed to know even EXISTED! This was HORRIBLE!

“B-b-but... where is he...!? He left! Doesn’t live in these woods!” lifting her hat, she realized after a moment the terrible truth – she was going to HAVE TO tell Onee-sama if they wanted to actually find that human... and they NEEDED to find him now, if only to silence him about the truth of otherworldly beings at work, even if no one else were to believe him about it.

As she continued now to fly back toward home, Anna could feel her body tensing in preparation for another helping of Onee-sama’s ‘discipline’ that she would be no doubt getting for this...

////////////////////

“You’re a god-damned idiot, Victor...”

Looking across at his friend Slade on the other end of the video chat he had opened, Victor sighed heavily to himself, the gem in plain view as he had been showing his friend what he found, and attempting to describe to him what had happened. “I’m telling you, Slade, this really happened!” the foul expression Slade was wearing, however, made it obvious he didn't believe him.

“Okay... let me see if I’ve got this straight... just trying to see if I have a handle on this... you were walking through the woods outside town...” “Right.” “...and then you saw the shadow of a girl up in one of the trees...” “Right.” “...and then she FLEW AWAY out of that tree on a BROOM...” Slade started incredulously “Right.” Victor then responded matter-of-factly. “...and then you find that gem at the base of the tree...” “Correct.” “...and then you woke up...”

“Right, ri- no! It wasn’t a dream, Slade! THIS. REALLY. HAPPENED...” Victor responded angrily at his friend’s obvious disbelief. “I just showed you the gem!”
“Yeah, you showed me the eye gem you probably got at a convention or something...” Slade then said irritably “...that doesn’t prove you got it from a WITCH that dropped it!” before asking “Did you record it?”

“Well, no... but...” “Well then why are you trying to convince me of this!?” “Because I didn’t have time to think ‘oh, there’s a witch darting over the trees on a broom, let me get my CAMERA out so she can be gone by the time I start to look for her again...’ I was too busy picking my jaw up off the floor!” Victor continued before shaking his head “...I doubt something like that will just be the end of it... she’ll be back, I think... especially now that I have whatever this gem is...”

“If that’s the case, then don’t bring it up to me... you’ll be making me a target...” Slade answered, feigning paranoia as he plainly mocked Victor, before hearing a voice calling behind him “...well, I’ve gotta go, Victor... have fun with your imagination...” before getting off of the chat.

“Good night...” he muttered after Slade was already gone “...but I’m convinced this isn’t over...”

///////////

In a manor house out in the country, far removed from its otherwise swanky and decadent surroundings in the rest of the house, inside a dungeon-like room in the basement of the house, Anna had found herself chained to some manner of restraining rig, the masochistic witch already covered in bright red marks all over her small body, exposed by the skimpy black leather outfit she was wearing, that barely concealed anything at all, from her Onee-sama’s punishment.

“So... a human now has my magic gem...?” a calm, sultry voice asked the small girl as its owner again brandished the whip she had been using on her the entire time.

“Yesh Onee-shama! Wittle Anna dwopped it!” the witch responded as she was again thrashed by her mistress, surprisingly-tough body not overly-affected by it, though obviously having the intended effect. “He wan off with it!” the girl continued, having difficulty forming the actual words from the combination of pain and pleasure shooting through her body, made more apparent by the large wet spot on the rig under her crotch.

“Hmmm.... sounds like fun... I haven’t had fun with a new human in some time... and I always like a nice hunt...”
Part 2
Spoiler: show
“You know, I think I've made a mistake...”

As he thought this aloud, Victor looked over his computer screen, the screen brightly lighting up the darkened room as he finally managed to place where he had seen an eye-shaped gem before, now looking over a page marked ‘Magic Gem’. Reading over both the value, and the potential prowess of the given object, he realized he was right: this DEFINITELY wasn't over, that little witch would no doubt be trying to find him to get the gem back, still not aware of whom the gem actually belonged to.

Roughly the size of the palm of his hand, dark blue, opaque and glimmering in the dim light, the gem looked up at him almost mockingly as he considered what he might possibly do about the situation he found himself in.

However, before he could get his train of thought any further, his eye caught the clock in the corner of his computer screen. “Oh, no... I still have to go to work...” he realized, unsure if anyone might find him while he was out, but knowing that he couldn't afford to miss his shift if nothing was actually happening. More importantly, if he just started disappearing from work, someone might go looking for him, giving his tired and paranoid mind the image of a ‘missing person’ poster being seen by that witch from before, following it right to him.

Groaning, he rose from his desk and started out immediately, leaving the house and driving toward his workplace, a different ill feeling rising in his gut as he pulled into the parking lot of the country club he worked at – a rather dull job, one that he maintained for the sake of keeping himself going until he got a better job, though rather enjoying the picturesque environment he worked in.

As he set about working, Victor again had the feeling he was being watched, going from area to area, it still felt as if there were actual eyes on him, looking about, as he was working with someone else “Hey, Jack, do you notice anything... odd...?” he asked, looking about the trees for a possible source as he leaned on a rake “No...” the other male he was working with told him.

However, at this, he then noticed another shadowy figure watching him, slightly different from the first shape he had seen “I was right! Look over there!” Victor called out, however, by the time Jack looked into the woods, the shadow had rushed away. “Victor, my friend... I think you’re getting a little paranoid...” he commented. “Maybe you should go have a rest...”

“I’m not getting paranoid! There was something there!” he argued. Later on in the shift, Victor had gone off by himself to get lunch, and sat down to eat it in a relatively isolated spot, though it took him a moment or two to realize something: no one else was around...

That couldn't be right though... if no one else was around... then who was that breathing heavily behind him...?

Rotating on the spot, the sight that greeted him sent him practically jumping over the table to get to the other side: a young woman with a very slight build of gray-furred limbs, ending with claws on each hand and foot, her head of gray hair matching her limbs, ending with canine ears, a gray fluffy tail swishing behind her.

A mamono! This girl was a monster girl, a werewolf!

Heavily breathing, she advanced onto the bench he had just been sitting on, grinning at him with a lewd expression etching her features. “Hello there~” she then said to him “Why so jumpy? That’s no way to make friends~” her voice, a high, lovely tone that graced his ears, sounded excited by the situation. “Or perhaps... you did something bad? Were you naughty?~ Taking something that doesn't belong to you, maybe?”

Victor, looking outright terrified, started to rush back toward the course, the werewolf jumping immediately to block his path and staring at him as if sizing him up like a piece of meat. “W-what do you want...? W-what are you talking about?” he stammered out.

“Aww... don’t go... wouldn't want the other people to see us... might have to get nasty~” advancing on him again and about a foot in front of him. “It took me quite a while to find you... and I’m not letting you go~” now pressing herself to his sweating form, able to feel the softness of her breasts through her very limited clothing “But once I found you, I could tell you were the one I was looking for~ Your energy... the smell of it... it’s sooooo strong~ You've got a lot of it...” sounding as if she was getting side-tracked from her focus, one arm sliding down toward his crotch, the other starting to wrap around his shoulders. “Just as glad the rest of my pack isn't here... then I’d have to share~”

Victor, needing something, ANYTHING to distract this crazed wolf girl from trying to force herself on him, grabbing the wrist of her arm reaching down, he tried to sidestep, backing away from her as the other hand reached into his pocket, drawing out the blue gem he had brought with him, not wanting to be very far apart from the piece in case they had found his house.

“Ooooooo, so you were being a naughty boy~” the wolf-girl declared happily, arm now wrestling with his hand to continue her attempts to grab at him. “That’s not yours~ And my mistress wants her gem back...” continuing to force him back, Victor backing away further and further, until he ended up backing into the fence, her arm that had attempted to wrap around his shoulders now reaching for the stone, her arms now beginning to exhibit her increased strength, forcing his arm back and pushing him into the fence.

“Hmmm... looks like someone’s all out of options~” the wolf-girl then continued, grinning “Don’t worry, this’ll feel reeeally good~”

“N-no... please... I d-don’t think we should...” Victor stammered, beet-red and now wrestling with her grabby hands to both conserve his modesty and the gem from this girl, the nervousness in his mind continuing to keep him tightly-strung as he felt something strange in the hand holding the stone.

“Ooooooo, are you a virgin? I bet you are~” the werewolf continued, grin widening as she continued to press her advantage, now getting her hand down to the bulge in his pants, continuing “Then I get to break you in, too~” her voice rising as she now vigorously massaged the bulge, able to feel the hot flesh under his clothes growing in her hand. “Looks like someone’s getting into it~” she practically sang.

“No... just stop!” Victor started, the jolt of pleasure from her hand’s attention shooting through him, the gem glowing as his panic unintentionally activated the spell imbued into the gem, suddenly sending the wolf-girl, wide-eyed from shock, across the grass a dozen feet after hitting her with a lightning bolt, smoke rising from her form, knocked unconscious by the energy burst.

“W-what just happened?” he spoke, eyes widened in shock as he rushed over to her fallen form. He had just struck her with lightning! That could have very easily killed her! However, as he got over to her, checking her pulse a moment, Victor then realized she was still alive, and then noticed she was breathing peacefully, sounding more as if she were asleep than anything else. “What kind of person can get struck by lightning, and sleep it off? These monster girls are crazy!” he started, at first intending to capture the girl to ensure she couldn't rat him out, but the strength she had shown meant it was practically impossible for him to actually keep her restrained.

However, as fear and panic began to override his reason, he took off back into the building, rushing to find his supervisor, a slightly older man with a long graying black mustache, who then asked “Are you all right, Victor? You look like you've just run a marathon...”

Shaking his head, Victor then spoke “N-no... I’m not... definitely not... something’s wrong... very wrong...” still in a panic, he needed to do his best to preserve his state, hoping to figure out some way out of this without ruining the rest of his life “...I've gotta go... right now...”

His supervisor, an utterly trusting individual who he had worked for reliably for a couple years, then said “It would seem so... are you okay to drive home?”

“I-I think so...” Victor then started, managing to sign himself out and take off, part of his brain screaming at him “YOU’RE EVEN SIGNING OUT!? YOU CAN’T COME BACK HERE!!” as he rushed into his car, immediately backing out and driving off, heading home quickly, the gem still in the seat next to him glowing passively at the moment.

At this point, once he calmed down a moment, Victor then thought aloud “W-what the hell? What possible use would a mamono have for a gem that shoots LIGHTNING!?”

Getting home, Victor rushed into his house, paranoia now having him compulsively locking every door out of the house and retreating to his bedroom, still shaking as he turned on the computer and tried to contact Slade “No... wait... he’s still at the course, working...” he thought aloud “Wait a second... what happens when that girl wakes up?! She’ll be looking for me, but I've just left everyone there to her wrath! This isn't good... but what can I do...?” now in an even bigger panic at what might happen to his friends, his co-workers, because he was too cowardly to do something about her...

///////////////////////

Unbeknown to Victor, however, nothing at all happened to the rest of the course. As soon as she woke up, the wolf-girl took off, even with one or two other workers watching her, having come to see what had happened after the lightning strike at ground level, though hadn't seen Victor actually take part in the strike or leave, though they seemed to assume it was a crazy girl in a costume running away. They considered it strange, certainly, but as she was leaving already, their gawking response was to do nothing.

Eventually returning to the manor house out in the country, the wolf-girl rushed into the building, managing to find her mistress, who asked “Did you find him?” before she had even said anything.

“Y-yes, mistress! I found him... but I lost him...” gesturing to the singe marks on her limbs, shaking nervously as her mistress was NOT fond of failure.

“I don’t even have to ask if you got my gem back... it looks as if you were exposed to its effects...” the calm voice then responded, though her mistress thinking “I was so looking forward to using it, too...” adjusting her stance slightly, imagining her gem being where it should be – functioning essentially as her ‘orgasm button’ that she had forgotten to bring over with her.

“Y-y-yes mistress! The human used it on me! H-how did he even do that!?” the wolf-girl responded to her question, gently nursing the burn on one of her fingers. Spotting the grin on her mistress’ face, she asked “Is this... a good thing?”

Nodding in response to her, she then replied “Indeed it is... it means the human is a lot more interesting than I thought... he must have a vast reserve of spirit energy to do that without passing out immediately after... even I get hungry after using it...”

Shuddering at the moment, as she hadn't gotten punished yet, the wolf-girl then asked “D-do you have any further orders, mistress? Do you want me to find him again?”

Nodding slightly, she responded “Yes... return to where you found him, but bring the rest of your pack... I want a location... but do NOT get him yourself...”

“After all...” she then started, one thin finger sliding across a small blue gem at her chest “If you want something done right... you do it yourself...”
"No, I don't believe in fate, and do you know why? Because of a burning pineapple... You see, there isn't anyone, alive or dead, that could have predicted I would have left a burning pineapple for that succubus to find instead of me, nor could they predict that that witch would have dropped a blue gem that I can use to shoot lightning bolts out of that set the thing on fire in the first place! If you could have guessed that, then you sir have a far stranger mind than I do!"
- He who wanders
NemesisOmega
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: He who wanders
Favorite Monster Type: Jubjub / Holstaur / Succubus

Re: Before the fall: Sapphire Eye

Post by NemesisOmega »

Part 2 added on
"No, I don't believe in fate, and do you know why? Because of a burning pineapple... You see, there isn't anyone, alive or dead, that could have predicted I would have left a burning pineapple for that succubus to find instead of me, nor could they predict that that witch would have dropped a blue gem that I can use to shoot lightning bolts out of that set the thing on fire in the first place! If you could have guessed that, then you sir have a far stranger mind than I do!"
- He who wanders