A Trip to Zipangu - Chapter 4

New and Improved format

Post and read continuous or multichapter stories and fiction involving monsters or other creatures from fantasy.
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Hopeless Romantic
Favorite Monster Type: Holstaurubus

A Trip to Zipangu - Chapter 4

Post by Helios Leinheart »

When James is confronted by his boss for his diminishing health, she gives him a special plane ticket and orders him to take two weeks of vacation in a special place. A place called Zipangu. He makes friends with a shirohebi, get's sexually harrased by a youko, and meets many other fascinating and lovely monster women. Ending with an encounter that he never expected.

---

Author's note - You won't find any erotica here. A little suggestive humor is all. Also, although this story is being posted in chapters, it shouldn't be anywhere near as long as Monster Isle.

---

Chapter 1 - An Enchanting First Encounter
Spoiler: show
A Trip to Zipangu

A Story by: Helios Leinheart

Chapter 1 - An Enchanting First Encounter

Sometimes, a man just needs a vacation. Even if he doesn't realize it.

My name is James, and I just got back from a place of your dreams. A place called Zipangu.

Let me tell you, working for five years straight in an office building can be very taxing on the body, mind, and soul. Especially when the closest thing you have to a relationship is having your cat waiting for you when you get home.

The sad thing is, I never realized just how ragged I was running myself until my boss summoned me to her office. I would always get nervous whenever she would ask to see me. She was a very beautiful woman, but she had a way of appearing very intimidating with her tied back hair and headset on at all times.

I'll admit, I was attracted to her. Perhaps that's why it always bothered me to be in her presence. She'd have to wear two sweaters to keep my eyes from wandering down to her enormous chest. I had always hoped that she wouldn't notice, but I think she always knew. She was probably just too used to getting the stares from men to care.

Her aid gave me a nod as I approached to let me know that it was fine to enter. I was really surprised, as it normally took about ten minutes of waiting to get in and see her. A woman in her position was always busy, so it was considered a real honor to be granted even a moment of her time. A bit pathetic, I know. That's just how things worked at my job.

“Mr. Newel, how are you today?” she asked me as I sat in one of the expensive seats positioned in front of her desk.

“Fine ma'am.” I replied, trying my best to keep my eyes from wandering. I could only imagine how she would look with her amber hair let down. Close to a goddess I'm sure.

“Wrong answer. Care to try again?” she asked very pointedly with her arms crossed.

I stuttered for a moment as I struggled to find out where I had gone wrong in this meeting.

“I don't...” I stammered at a complete loss.

“Calm down Mr. Newel. I am speaking of your well being, which by my observance, has not been very well at all. Have you given yourself a good hard look in the mirror lately?” she asked, her face softening.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and remained silent. I wasn't sure if she was trying to insult me or not.

“Please don't misunderstand my implication. What I am speaking of cannot be fixed with a mere comb or lint roller. I'm talking about your health. I remember how you looked when I first hired you. Your eyes were full of life and your face shone with an eagerness to please that I rarely see in my employees. But now, your eyes. They've lost their sparkle.” she said with a pitying gaze.

Embarrassed, I compulsively averted my eyes from hers. Never had I imagined her capable of showing such compassion to an employee. I could feel my face growing hot as blood rushed to my head. I could only imagine where this conversation was headed.

“Sir, you are one of my hardest workers. I have noticed the quality in your work and how consistent you are at giving me the best you have. That alone is enough to warrant a substantial raise. I like my employees to know that if they give their best, then so will I.” she said with a smile.

“Well...that's certainly good to hear ma'am! Thank you!” I said as I let out a short laugh of relief.

“I also want you to take this. A little something extra for being my best employee.” she said as she leaned forward and offered me a slip of paper. I accepted it and looked at it closely. It was a round trip plane ticket headed to Zipangu, a place that I had never heard of at the time.

“Sir, I am very appreciative of your service, but not if the cost is your own health! That is not what I want from my employees!” she said passionately as she stood and walked around her desk. She came to a stop right in front of where I was seated and leaned over to place both of her hands on the armrests.

Gentlemen, if you had been in my position, you would have started sweating too.

“I want you to go home with this ticket. I want you to pack, call a friend to feed your cat, say goodbye to your cat, drive to the airport, and get on that plane. Enjoy your two weeks and get yourself nice and refreshed.” she ordered quietly.

I left her office, took a quick puff on my inhaler, wiped my forehead with a handkerchief, and thanked my lucky stars for this day.

“Zipangu ehh? Sounds African.” I mused to myself as I jogged out of the building after grabbing my coat and bidding goodbye to my coworkers.

After I had gotten home and started packing, I took the liberty of consulting a few online search engines for the name “Zipangu”. There simply was no documented information on this elusive place. It didn't show up on any of the most current maps and there were no records of anybody that had lived there. I checked the name of the airport on the ticket and saw it labeled as “Monster Air – A subsidiary of Traverse Airlines”

So I looked up the names of both airlines. Traverse Airlines was easily found, but just like Zipangu, I couldn't find any information on the so called Monster Air.

However, while I couldn't find any hard facts on the name, I did discover the blogs of those that claimed to have been there. Their descriptions were...odd, to say the least. I read from my laptop while rushing back and forth from the dresser to the open luggage on the bed.

“I heard about this place called Zipangu from a friend and decided to buy a plane ticket to take a little vacation. I couldn't believe my eyes when I got there! Trust me when I say that you will learn what love really is when you go to this place.”

“I was originally angry that the airport let me get on the wrong flight, but not after I got to this incredible place called Zipangu. You think you've had good sex? Man, you haven't had anything compared to the fantastic women I had there. That's right. I said women! Plural!”

“I felt like my heart would never mend after my wife left me for a rich guy. Then my psychiatrist recommended that I take a long vacation to an island called Zipangu. I was a bit confused when she told me that there was only one airport in the country that would fly me there, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt and followed her advice. Let me put it to you this way. I was a broken man when I stepped off the plane, and the happiest man in the world when I got back on to leave. I'd rather not go into detail because I know you'll never believe me, but let me just say that I'll never be heartbroken again.”

That was the general tone of all the messages I found. All of them described a beautiful island filled with beautiful women. I found it strange that every one of the messages were vague and lacking in specific detail. Nevertheless, I put the suspicious thoughts out of my mind and focused on getting to the place to see for myself. I zipped my bag closed. Called a friend to feed my cat. Gave my cat a kiss goodbye.

Hey, I'm a lonely guy!

And headed out to the car to drive to the airport. I could barely contain my excitement. A whole two weeks of paid vacation from work. A raise. And most importantly, I had actually gained the respect and admiration of my boss. The woman whom I had worshiped ever since taking that job.

“It can't get much better than this.” I said with a smile from ear to ear as I got on the highway.

Gentlemen, you have no idea how wrong I was.

A mere three hours later and I was already boarding the plane. I didn't find it particularly strange when I was led to what amounted to a back door in order to get to the correct plane. It also didn't interest me very much when I saw the logo on the side of the plane that said “Monster Air” in big purple lettering with the yellow silhouette of a fox head super imposed in front of the letters.

No, what really caught my attention was the flight attendant that greeted me on the plane. It came my turn to board the plane from behind a very short line of guys that were all smiling excitedly. A couple of which were walking hand in hand with their girlfriends.

As I stepped onto the plane, I saw the bright and vibrant face of the flight attendant, and then I saw her attire. She was clothed in a sky blue kimono with a purple sash wrapped around her midsection. Her hair was light blonde and her eyes shone like a pair of polished gold coins.

“Welcome aboard Monster Air sir. It is always a pleasure to see a new face that decides to fly with us.” she said with a smile bright enough to light the darkest caverns. I grinned at her sheepishly, completely surprised that such a beautiful women had just spoken to him so kindly. She didn't even sound scripted as most flight attendants did. She sounded truly genuine.

I took a seat near the front of the plane so I could glance over at the entrancing woman whenever she wasn't looking. What was the secret to her glow? What was it about her that just radiated warmth and happiness?

“Excuse me? Do you mind if I join you?” I heard a gentle voice ask next from to me, jolting me out of my love struck stupor. I turned my head and almost did a double take as I saw another feminine beauty standing next to the isle seat. She had pure white hair that ran all the way down to the backs of her knees. Her eyes were naturally narrow and had a deep red hue. She had a natural look of frailty and elegance with her pale skin and white shrine maiden clothes. I gulped as I caught an eyeful of the top of her breasts, poking out from underneath her loosely fitting clothes.

“Umm....yes. Yes you may.” I said like a damn idiot. Had I been in full control of my heart, I would have responded much more intelligently. That was two girls on one plane that had put him into a stunned state so far. The pale faced woman maneuvered herself daintily and gently sat down in the seat next to me. I breathed in the pure scent of a pure woman that wafted over me and sighed deeply.

“I'm James.” I said as I offered my hand. My heart melted as she took my hand and shook it lightly. Her skin was a soft as powdered cream.

“I am Nasha. A shirohebi and servant to the goddess, Ryu.” she replied, promptly blowing my mind.

“Err, Ryu? And what's a shirohebi?” I asked curiously. She opened her mouth to answer, but the flight attendant began to talk over the speaker system, interrupting her.

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome aboard Monster Air. We will be departing for Zipangu in just a few moments. For our safety, please do not return to your original forms until the plane has left the ground. To those of you that require extra room, please press the yellow button above you and a compartment will open beneath you. We hope you have a pleasant flight, and thank you for choosing Monster Air.”

I raised my eyebrows and looked out my window as I felt a lurch in the plane. We had begun down the runway.

“What did she mean by original forms?” I asked Nasha, who was looking at the panel above her for something.

“You don't know?” she replied with mild surprise. I then felt a change in the gravity and looked back out my window. We were ascending.

I looked back at Nasha and saw that she had changed quite a bit. Her once normally human lower half had morphed into the tail of a snake with white scales. A door had opened up beneath her, allowing her to remain seated with her tail in relative comfort.

“Uhh.”

I then looked up at the flight attendant and saw that she two had changed. A pair of pointy ears had grown from the top of her head, and a set of three thick and fluffy tails had appeared behind her from under her kimono.

“Uhhhh.”

I peeked around the corner of my seat and saw that the women who had come in with accompanying men had transformed as well. There was a dark haired woman that had exchanged her arms for black feathered wings, which she kept folded in her lap. She wore a small red cone on her head with flat edges. There was also a fan made from leaves stored behind her ear. Unlike Nasha and the flight attendant, she wore green robes that left everything to the imagination. She was deep into a discussion with her companion, who appeared to be a nice enough guy.

Another gentleman was traveling with a similar fox woman, but this one was far different from the mild mannered flight attendant. She too had pointy fox ears and about six fluffy tails which were wrapped around the back and neck of her husband. She was dressed in a white tube top that barely covered her perky breasts, and a short red skirt. Many multicolored bracelets sparkled at her wrists. They were quite easy to notice, as the woman's hands were wrapped around her hubby's neck. Her task of trying to swallow the man's lips seemed to be going well.

“How amusing. It appears that nobody has told you what Zipangu really is.” said Nasha, returning my attention to her. She raised a hand to her mouth and suppressed a light chuckle.

“Well, I'd really like to know at this point.” I said, still flabbergasted by the beautiful women that surrounded him. The flight attendant passed by and smiled glowingly in my direction, bringing a blush to my cheeks. Her form was humanoid, but her smile was downright angelic.

“Zipangu is a haven. A paradise for our kind. A place where lonely men come to enjoy themselves and sometimes, find a mate.” Nasha explained to me kindly.

“Your kind? As in...monsters?” I said hesitantly.

“That word has often been used to describe us, though I am not fond of it. I find it to be detrimental to our image.” she said as she turned up her nose at the word.

“Oh, I'm sorry. I've just never seen anything like you before. I mean, I guess most men would be afraid of your snake half, but I dunno. It doesn't seem to bother me very much.” I blurted out, immediately worrying that I may have said more than was considered polite.

The shirohebi smiled and bowed her head slightly as thanks.

“I appreciate your words, but I have already set my sights on a charming young man.” she said respectfully.

“That's great. He must be a very lucky guy to have you.” I said with a smile.

Nasha turned her head and put her hand up to her mouth once again. The sounds of muffled laughter could be heard.

“What's so funny?” I asked with a chuckle.

“The man I speak of is not so enthusiastic to join me in marriage. It appears that he harbors a slight fear of snakes. So I have been trying my best in your world to convince him that I am nothing to fear, but his phobia is quite severe. He cannot even sit in my presence while in my human form. So I have come to Zipangu to pray to my god for guidance. I fear that I will never be able to truly live without him.” said Nasha with a sigh.

“I'm sorry. It must be hard to love someone that's afraid of you.” I said comfortingly.

“Fear not James, for I will overcome this obstacle of life! I will receive the guidance from the great god, Ryu. Then he won't be able to resist me!” said Nasha enthusiastically as she raised her fist into the air, surprising me greatly. I raised my eyebrows at the strange show of determination from the quiet and soft spoken shirohebi.

“Oh, please excuse me.” she said as she slowly lowered her hand and placed her palm against her blushing cheek. I smiled and took a look out of his window. I caught glimpses of the ocean through small cracks in the cloud cover beneath the plane.

“If you'd like, I could show you around Zipangu before I visit my shrine.” said Nasha with her face turned away from me. She appeared to be embarrassed.

“Hey, I'd really appreciate that! Do you think I could see your shrine too? I've never heard of your god before. It sounds like it would be a real experience.”

“If you so wish, I would be happy to.” Nasha replied with a sideways glance in my direction. She saw me watching and quickly averted her gaze again, blushing furiously.

I smiled and took a deep relaxing breath before looking back out of my window. I hadn't even arrived at my destination, and already this was shaping up to be the best vacation of my life.
Chapter 2 - The Fluffy Sheep Inn
A Trip to Zipangu
A story by: Helios Leinheart

Chapter 2 - The Fluffy Sheep Inn

“Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to announce that we will soon be landing in Zipangu. Please take your seats and make sure all of your trays are in their upright positions. To our new visitors, I must warn you. The inhabitants of Zipangu tend to be very interested in newcomers. Should you find yourself being harassed and require assistance, just call out for security and you will be promptly aided by the nearest guard. Please enjoy your time in Zipangu. We look forward to seeing you again.” said the flight attendant over the speaker system.

“Holy crap! We're already there?” I said with surprise as I looked out of my window for any sign of the place.

“Yes, but you won't be able to see it like that.” said Nasha quietly.

“What do you mean? Where is this place anyway?” I asked, turning back to Nasha.

“I believe you have heard of it. The Bermuda triangle?” Nasha said, causing my heart to race.

“Uhh, yeah I've heard of it. It's supposed to be one of the most mystical and dangerous seas on the planet. Don't tell me where flying over it now?” I replied in a panic as I looked back out of the window to check for any signs of the supernatural below. I quickly reached for my inhaler when I saw that the plane was descending down into what appeared to be nothing but churning water. There was no land around whatsoever. I nearly swallowed the inhaler as I fumbled to get it into my mouth.

“Relax James.” Nasha said soothingly as she placed a hand on my arm.

“We're gonna crash. Jesus Christ we are going to crash. We're going to crash!” I said through heaving breaths as I tried to take another puff off of my inhaler, but Nasha stopped my hand and placed hers on my cheek. She turned my face towards her so I could see her eyes. They were completely devoid of any fear.

“How can you be so calm?” I asked, feeling my heart start to relax as I gazed into her peaceful eyes. Those beautiful, red eyes.

“Look again.” she said quietly with a nod towards the window. I did so, and promptly dropped my inhaler.

There was no longer a body of water beneath the plane. As if the great city of Atlantis had suddenly risen from the sea, the plane had landed on a wide runway lined with palm trees. I looked to my left and saw nothing but grasslands that led to an equally desolate beach. There were no structures and no people. Just land.

I looked to my right, past Nasha and through the window on the other side of the plane. Through the window, I could see that beyond the trees was an enormous cement wall that reached about twenty feet high. I bent my neck downwards and could just make out the tops of buildings poking over the wall.

“What just happened?” I said in a slack jawed daze. My quota for the strange and unknown had been met for the day long ago. I was surprised that I could be surprised anymore.

“The island has been blessed with the protection of Ryu, and remains hidden to those that are not worthy of entering. You should be honored.” said Nasha with a smile.

“I'm a little too busy being shocked to feel honored at the moment.” I said as I rested back in my seat and tried to take it all in. It was at that point that a thought passed through my mind that probably should have long ago.

How the hell did my boss know about this place?

I remained quiet as the plane slowed to a stop beside a cement tunnel that led up to the wall. It wasn't until the flight attendant spoke from right next to my seat that I was roused from my stunned state.

“Welcome to Zipangu. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here.” she said with a wink. She then stepped over to the door of the plane and opened it. I remained seated until the other passengers stepped off the plane by using a stepladder that had been rolled up to the door.

“Would you kindly assist me?” Nasha asked as she motioned with her hand in the isle. I awkwardly got up from my seat and slipped past Nasha's so I could take her hand in the isle. I watched as she gracefully slithered her lower half out of the compartment and into the isle. I walked slowly to allow her room to expand. When we got to the stairs, I looked at Nasha with concern. The stairs were metal and didn't look very considerate of her snake half.

“I will be fine. Just allow me to hold onto you so I don't fall.” she said, coiling her arms around my neck from behind without warning. The hairs on my neck stood on end as I felt her covered breasts smoosh into my back. I could feel her gentle breathing on my exposed neck, sending sparks of excitement to my brain.

It's a gentleman's job to offer women their back, right?

I took a few steps down the staircase with Nasha dragging behind me. She felt surprisingly light considering the large snake tail that was trailing behind her.

“Are you okay?” I asked as I continued my decent.

She muttered her confirmation, as though she were too embarrassed for words. I couldn't be sure, but I thought I could feel her breath growing hotter and more racy. I started to sweat, and it wasn't because of the heat.

I walked forward a few steps when we reached the bottom so her snake half would have enough room to slide onto flat ground. It was then I realized that the other passengers had already gone into the tunnel, leaving the two of them completely alone outside of the wall. There wasn't a sound in the air other than the quiet breeze and the sound of rustling palm trees.

I looked at Nasha and realized how strange it was that I was standing outside with her alone. A few hours on a plane and it was like we were lovers. I quickly stamped that thought from my mind though. She was already interested in somebody and I couldn't risk ruining the pleasant relationship we had made by discussing anything beyond that.

“Well, shall we then?” I said as I stepped forward and grasped one of the door handles. I opened the door and stepped aside to allow Nasha to pass through into the dimly lit corridor.

“Thank you.” she said, bowing her head in respect as she passed me.

I closed the door behind me as I entered and turned around to see the second set of doors not far down the corridor. My eyes took a moment to get used to the darker surroundings.

“I gotta say, I was expecting something a bit more extravagant than this.” I blurted out. Can you blame me? I was standing in a damp corridor with bare bulbs hanging overhead. I began to feel like the plane had taken a wrong turn into Mexico.

“Really? Does this fulfill your expectations then?” said Nasha as she pulled the second set of doors open, filling the corridor with blinding white light. The instant the doors opened, the roar of cheering and applause nearly blew me off my feet. I raised an arm to shield my eyes from the light as I stepped through the doors and out into the commotion. I immediately felt a pair of hands clasp my cheeks and a pair of lips sneak under my arm, connecting with my mouth. The taste of bitter alcohol violated my taste buds as a little fluid passed through the unknown lips and into my mouth.

“Whoa!” I said in surprise, as I pulled my face back and lowered my arm. Standing before me was a slender woman with blue skin and short, light blue hair. She was smiling drunkenly and had a blush in her face that contrasted her skin. She was clothed in a two piece, leopard skin bikini.

“Ya want a drink?” she asked drunkenly over the sound of the roaring crowd of men and women.

“Sis, what the hell are you doing, ehh? Sorry man.” interjected another woman that was bright red instead of blue. She took the shoulders of the steaming drunk and directed her into the crowd.

“Welcome to Zipangu!” said another women that came forward and placed a necklace of flowers around my neck. She had brown wings instead of arms that grazed my face softly as she offered the necklace. She smiled at me cheerfully before standing aside and allowing me to pass. I grinned at her awkwardly and tried to catch sight of Nasha. I quickly spotted her behind a crowd of screaming girls. She appeared to be looking for me as well, so I tried my best to weave through the crowd and reach her.

“Hey big boy. You all alone? How would you like me to show you around?” said a voice from behind me as I was forced to a halt by a multitude of fluffy tails that wrapped around me from all angles. I turned my head around and saw a blonde woman with pointy fox ears. She had her back to me and was looking with her head turned slightly around so that all I could see was one of her naughty eyes. She was wearing a red china dress with a hole cut in the bottom for her surprisingly strong tails to slip through, of which I counted about seven.

“Sorry, I'm already with somebody.” I said as I tried to wiggle from the grasp of her soft tails. They didn't look strong, but within those delightful tubes of fur were truly muscular appendages that refused to release me.

“You'll have much more fun with me honey. C'mon. I'll show you my place first. You'll love it.” she said as she began to drag me away from Nasha.

Suddenly, she was stopped as a hand wrapped around one of the fox woman's tails and held tightly, causing her to yelp to and turn back around. I did the same, and saw Nasha.

“Excuse me ma'am, but I am this young man's escort today.” she said with the air of the shrine maiden lineage that she was dressed as.

“Hmm, competition? I like that.” said the fox as she licked her lips and released me from her grasp. Nasha responded by releasing her tail and placing her hand on my shoulder. Not that I felt like I was in a particularly dangerous situation, but I still felt very safe with the beautiful shirohebi next to me.

“I'm not gonna give you up that easily baby. See you.” she said as she blew a kiss in my direction. She crouched down and leaped high into the air and over the surrounding crowd, disappearing from sight.

“Wow.” I said with stunned amazement. Both over her impressive acrobatic skill, and the fact that she wanted me so badly. It's not every day you meet a sexy fox that wants to jump your bones.

“Come. This crowd is making my head hurt.” said Nasha as she took me by the hand and led me through the numerous men and monstrous women.

She led me urgently as we approached a large building with the words “Fluffy Sheep Inn” charmingly carved in wood over the entrance with a pair of golden sheep horns on either side. She forced her way through a line of cat-like women with large paws and feet, and quickly pulled me through the ornately carved wooden doors. Like closing the door on a zombie hoard right outside of your home, we both pressed our backs against the doors and forced them closed as the cats on the other side tried to push their way in.

“Women and children first!” I called out with a laugh as we struggled with the last few inches of the door.

“It's always like this when someone new shows up.” Nasha said with a shameful bow of her head. Apparently she wasn't very impressed with the uncivilized nature of her kin.

Eventually we managed to get it closed and rested with our backs to the wall for a moment. We were both breathing heavily and I even caught sight of a few sweat drops upon Nasha's brow. I must admit, I was surprised to see the woman that I had originally thought to be frail and soft spoken was actually a very active and exciting person. Well, monster. Shirohebi. Whatever. The distinction didn't matter to me either way.

Eventually, Nasha got herself upright and wiped the sweat from her forehead with a thumb and straightened out her clothes, trying to look as dignified as possible.

“They will return to their normal routine after the day is through.” said Nasha as she gently fanned her face.

“I hope so. I'd hate to be stuck in here for my whole vacation.” I said with a chuckle as I observed the inside of the awe inspiring inn. Everything was carved redwood that had been expertly polished to give the room a remarkable shine. It was like it had been carved out of the insides of a tree.

“Then again, that might not be so bad.” I added as I ran my hands along one of the elegant carvings of a flower in the wall. It was incredibly smooth and without a single imperfection. I had truly stepped into a work of art.

Suddenly, the sound of a rumbling tummy came from Nasha's midsection. I glanced in her direction with a smirk and saw her face was turned away from me once again with her hand covering her cheek.

“Oh dear...” she said embarrassed.

“Nothing to be ashamed about. I'm hungry too. Do they serve dinner here?” I asked, giving my stomach a little rub.

“Indeed they do, but we will need to rouse the innkeeper first.” replied Nasha. I was confused by her words. What did she mean by rouse?

Nasha slithered up to the check-in counter of the inn. I followed close behind. When we reached the counter, Nasha craned her head over the top, prompting me to do the same. On the other side of the counter was a sleeping beauty that appeared to be clothed in very revealing, yellow sheep's wool. She was resting on a bed that had been carved out of the wall itself, complete with a large pillow and comforter. A bit of drool was dripping from her mouth and onto the pillow.

I've never been one to think a woman cute, but this one, man she was cute. She was downright precious. And I'll admit, I seriously wanted to hug her and feel that soft fleece she was clothed in.

“Excuse me?” I said quietly in an effort to wake her up. Nasha snickered at my sad effort and placed a pair of fingers in her mouth. She blew hard, emitting an ear splitting whistle that would have woken old Van Winkle from a mile away.

With a snort, the women slowly opened her eyes and looked up at us with a vacant stare. She first focused her eyes on Nasha and appeared confused. She then slowly turned her gaze towards me and smiled happily with half closed eyes. Everything about this women just screamed narcolepsy, but I didn't have a problem with that at all. Just her very image was enough to induce intense relaxation.

“Ahh......welcome to....” she started, but was cut off by a long, luxurious yawn.

“...my inn.” she finally finished after what seemed like a minute of yawning. She rubbed her eyes sleepily and gazed at us as though waiting for us to make the next move.

“Uhh, yeah. It's a really nice one. I'd like to buy a room for two weeks please.” I said as I reached for the wallet in my back pocket. I looked over at Nasha and smiled.

“I'd also like to pay for a room for her as well.” I added. Trust me, my intentions were pure. I was very grateful for her assistance since getting on the plane. I felt it was time for me to show my gratitude in some substantial way. Nasha looked over at me confusedly.

“What do you mean by...pay?” the lady in sheep's clothing asked in a daze.

“Remember what I told you James? This place is a paradise. There is no concept of currency here.” Nasha explained.

“Seriously?” I said, flabbergasted at the very idea of such a utopia. I guess we've all been corrupted by a world that is ruled by money. It's such a fickle thing when you really think about it.

“Yes, but I appreciate the offer very much. You are a kind man.” Nasha said with a bow of her head.

“Hey, no problem. I just wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me.” I said with a blush as I awkwardly shoved my wallet back into my pants.

“If you still wish to repay me, then I would greatly appreciate a partner to join me for dinner. Dining alone is so boring, and I have grown fond of your company.” Nasha said, averting her eyes from me once again.

Like I was actually going to say no to her.

“Of course I'll join you for dinner.” I said with a smile. Once again, the thought that we were building a relationship went through my mind. The kind of relationship that involves an isle sometime in the future. I quickly pushed aside that kind of wishful thinking, reminding myself that this woman was already with somebody.

“Dinner should be almost ready.” said the tired innkeeper as she daintily stood from her bed and walked around the counter to join us.

“Please follow me.” she said as she walked through a pair of swinging doors that were carved in the shapes of wings. Connected to each one on the wall was a pair of carved women in the wood. The masterpiece left me breathless as I stepped through the door and followed the inn keeper down a short hallway. The smell of delectable foods wafted through the hallway, giving me a real lust for a delicious meal.

“Please enjoy.” said the inn keeper as she opened a door for us that led down a few winding steps and into the most cozy dining room I had ever seen. An enormous wooden table sat in the middle of the room with ornately carved wooden chairs surrounding it. I counted about fourteen.

I assisted Nasha down the stairs and pulled out a chair for her to sit, receiving another bow of thanks in return. I then took a seat for myself next to her and eagerly awaited for the meal to be served. The table was all set with silverware and plates. All that was needed was some food to load them up with.

“Welcome to my famous kitchen. Known for producing the finest meals in all of Zipangu.” said a loud and cheerful voice from the other side of another set of swinging doors that I assumed led to the kitchen.

“Are you ready for dinner and a show?” she asked, her voice growing closer to the door. I suppressed a chuckle at her enthusiasm. It was like I had just walked into a Chuck E Cheese.

“Uhh, yeah.” I replied with a snicker. I felt distinctly more comfortable when I looked over at Nasha and saw her covering her mouth and chuckling as well.

“Alright then! Lets get cooking!” she said as the doors burst open, revealing the single, most dangerous hazard ever to walk through a wooden building. Standing in the doorway, with a series of pans in one hand and a plate of food in the other, was a bright red woman clothed in nothing but flames.

“Meet the most famous cook in Zipangu. Topaz.” said Nasha as she grabbed my arm to prevent me from bolting out of the room.
Chapter 3 - Dinner with Topaz
A Trip to Zipangu

Chapter 3 - Dinner with Topaz

“Hold on there. My flames only burn what I want them to.” Topaz said hastily, no doubt flustered by my sudden attempt to leave the vicinity.

I stop straining against Nasha's grip and turned nervously to see the fiery woman. She had bright red skin that looked like it had been subjected to the steam of a sauna for too long, and red hair with flames wafting from every strand. She wore intricately crafted bracelets on her wrists and ankles that seemed to be the source of most of the flames that emanated from her body. I also became increasingly aware that the only thing she was clothed in was enchanted fire, and those flames could only do so much to conceal her athletic body.

In spite of the blaze that surrounded her, the room didn't feel any hotter. I couldn't even feel the aura of heat that should have been radiating from her. I looked down at her feet and saw that the wooden floor was completely devoid of any scouring.

“How?” I eventually said, still wary of the threatening looking flames.

“Are you kidding? I'm an ignis!” replied Topaz with a hearty laugh, as though she believed that simple explanation to be more than enough.

“It is fine James. We are in no danger here.” Nasha assured me as she tried gently to pull me back down to my seat. I considered for a brief moment which part of myself I should listen to. The part that trusted Nasha, or the part that knew this place could go up in flames if Topaz ever so much as sneezed. I eventually settled with the shirohebi's reassurance and took my seat. I took a puff off of my inhaler and sat ridged as Topaz sat her various cooking tools and platter of vegetables on the table.

“Sorry I scared you man, but you'll see in a moment why I'm the best cook around.” said Topaz cheerfully as she went back into the kitchen and returned with an enormous oval shaped pot in her hands. She strained to get it to the table and laid it down carefully. The table creaked under the weight of whatever was in the covered pot.

“Now then...” said Topaz as she stopped for a moment to catch her breath.

“...would you join me up here.” she said as she pointed her finger at me. I ground my teeth nervously and got up from my seat.

“C'mon! Don't be shy!” said Topaz joyfully as she walked rapidly towards me and grabbed me by the wrist. I winced as I awaited the painful sensation of burning flesh. I was surprised when I realized that her hand felt pleasantly warm and not uncomfortable in the least. Even while standing so close to her flames, I still felt nothing more than the equivalent of a summer breeze.

She dragged me to where the pot had been placed at the front of the table. Nasha watched eagerly as Topaz took both of my hands in hers and placed them on the wooden handles at both sides of the pot.

“Now, would you do me a favor?” Topaz asked me as she placed her hands on her hips.

“Sure.” I replied awkwardly.

“I would like you to hold up that pot for me. And be careful. It's pretty heavy.” she warned.

With a nod, I tensed the muscles of my arms and lifted the pot, nearly busting my gut in the process. She was right. It was indeed, very heavy. I stumbled as I felt some liquid and a large mass in the pot shift to the right. I quickly steadied myself and held it as firmly as I could.

“You okay?” Topaz asked me with a slightly mocking grin.

I silently nodded my head in acknowledgment. Though I was really urging her to hurry in my mind. The heaviest thing that I ever lifted daily was a stapler.

“Alright, now stand still and watch.” said Topaz as she stepped forward and placed both of her hands under the pot.

“You trust me, right?” she asked.

Once again, I rapidly nodded my head in acknowledgment. It was getting very difficult to keep a firm grip on the pot.

The ignis closed her eyes and took a deep breath. As she exhaled, blue flames rose from her hands like a cooking range. The flames rose higher and higher until they flew above the lid of the pot and licked the ceiling harmlessly. The only thing that grew hot was the pot. I could feel it start to tremble as the liquid inside came to a raging boil. I watched in amazement as the room was lit up with haunting blue light. It was truly an awe inspiring experience to be so close to fire without being even the least bit singed. The flames danced across the skin of my arms like bodiless spirits. It was like a gate had been opened up and the ethereal denizens of another universe had come surging through. Such a beautiful sight.

“I think that should just about do it.” said Topaz as the flames started to die down and change from blue to orange. Once the flames disappeared completely, I noticed the bottom of the pot was red hot from the intense heat.

“You can set it down now.” she said.

“But the table. Won't the pot burn it?” I objected.

“Don't worry about it. We are inside a living tree. The table will heal itself after just a few weeks.” the ignis assured me.

I didn't have much choice but to obey. My muscles had strained to the point where I was in pain from holding the heavy pot. I laid it down as slowly as possible and let out a gasp of relief when the burden was lifted. A loud searing sound came from the bottom of the pot and a little smoke started to rise from the redwood table. Strangely enough, it didn't smell bad. It smelled kind of like when you smoke your barbeque with hickory in the charcoal. It bolstered my appetite and made me eager to find out what was in the pot.

Just when I thought dinner was finally going to be served, I heard the swinging doors creak and turned my head to see a few more guests had arrived. One of them was the bird girl dressed in green robes from the plane. Accompanying her was her male partner. And the third, much to my surprise, was the fox tailed woman who had tried to drag me away just minutes after my arrival in Zipangu.

“More guests! Excellent! Welcome to the Fluffy Sheep Inn. We were just about to serve dinner. Please sit wherever you'd like.” Topaz said cheerily as the small group picked out their seats.

“Oh, I think I know exactly where I'd like to sit.” said the fox woman slyly as she walked over to me with a smile that clearly advertised her intentions. The patterns of golden leaves on her dress shimmered in the candlelight as she walked. She used her tails to pull out the seat next to me and placed her hand under my chin. Tremors rolled down my spine as she slowly slid her fingers up the bottom of the jaw.

“Hi.” she said in a low tenor.

“Hi.” I replied dumbfoundedly. I couldn't help it. There was something about her touch that just kinda got into my head. With my attention on the fox girl, I didn't notice Nasha who was puffing up at the sight of me being...well...what can I say other than “seduced”?

“I'm Firoa.” she said, taking my hand to shake it lightly. Which is what I thought she was trying to do. Imagine how surprised I was when she took my hand and instead placed it directly on her chest. Just above her heart.

“I'm James. Uhh...Is this a custom in Zipangu?” I asked with a nervous laugh.

“No. She is just a filthy seductress.” Nasha said haughtily. Her agitated voice shook me out of my stupor. I pulled my hand away as politely as possible and returned my attention to the table. Through the corner of my eye, I could see Firoa smiling knowingly in my direction.

“Everybody! Dinner is served.” Topaz announced as she lifted up the lid of the pot theatrically. A cloud of steam lifted from the inside and revealed a succulent looking pig that had been both boiled and steamed to perfection. She pulled a pile of plates closer and proceeded to fill them up with generous amounts of steaming hot pork. After the plates of meat had been passed out to all of us, she pulled up a bowl of vegetables and picked out a potato.

“Anybody for roast potato?” Topaz asked as the twirled the spud in her hand.

I raised my hand.

“Yes please.” I said.

Topaz took the potato in both hands and covered it so that it wasn't visible. A bright flash appeared from inside her hands that lasted just a couple seconds. When she removed a hand, the potato was brown and sizzling.

“Flash fried. Here ya go.” she said with a chuckle as she dropped the spud onto my plate. I grinned and dug in. Nothing I had ever eaten before could compare to the tender delight of the flavorful pork and rich potato. What a privilege to be able to fill my stomach with such delicious and fascinatingly cooked food.

“I see that you enjoy the food of Zipangu.” Nasha said good naturedly. She had been eating with the same etiquette that would be expected from a respectable shrine maiden. I however, was in the middle of a feeding frenzy that I had never experienced before. Looking back, I think it might have been better to swallow that piece of potato skin before answering her.

“It's the best I've ever had. Is it all grown here?” I asked with my words being muffled by a mouthful of food.

“Indeed it is. The livestock here lives off of land that has been blessed by the god, Ryu. Anything edible you will find here has been grown and made here. Even the deserts.” she said with a wink. My heart skipped a beat.

“Deserts? Oh god. What's it like?” I asked, my eyes wide with wonder. I then felt an arm sling around my shoulder and felt the air of someone's whispers against my ear.

“Sweet sweet ice cream, thick and moist cakes of all flavors, and rich chocolate that melts instantly when applied to any...warm...surface.” Firoa hissed slowly and sensually into my ear. My goal at that point then became to conceal the tightening in my nether regions. This meal was going in a direction that I wasn't quite comfortable with.

“Or how about a nice, modest bowl of rice pudding.” Nasha suggested, putting emphasis on the “modest”.

“Heh. No thank you. I think it's more fun to get a little dirty when eating desert.” Firoa replied with a wink. I'm pretty sure she wasn't talking about the kind of dirty that can be cleaned up with a moist towelette. I looked over at the other two guests and saw that they were watching us with curious looks in their eyes. No doubt they had seen this kind of behavior from Zipangu citizens before. Though I certainly hadn't.

We finished the rest of the meal in silence until Topaz eventually went back into the kitchen and brought out a tub that looked like the ice cream buckets you buy for parties in stores.

“I always like to whip this out when serving a new visitor.” said Topaz as she worked to remove the lid. I heard Nasha gasp next to me and turned to see her face had lit up like a Christmas tree. Even Firoa couldn't contain her glee and actually started do drool a bit down her lip. Quite beastly behavior I had thought at the time.

“What is it?” I asked.

Topaz dug a spoon into the tub and shoveled out what looked like vanilla ice cream with small chunks of purple fruit. She dropped it into a bowl and slid it my way with a huge grin on her face.

“Heh, what is it?” I asked again. All eyes were directed at me. The one person apparently that didn't know the treat he was in for. It was uncomfortable being put on the spot, but nevertheless, I scooped up a bit of the desert and brought it up to my lips. Firoa was grinning at me very suggestively. Nasha seemed to be more curious than anything else. With their eyes on me, I popped the ice cream into my mouth and awaited the incoming flavor.

When you drop your spoon, you know you just had something good.

“Wow! What on earth is this?!” I exclaimed. The incredible sweetness and full flavor of the ice cream alone was enough to induce tears of joy, but it was the strange pieces of fruit that really gave it that otherworldly kick. The purple chunks squirted tiny amounts of juice that mixed in with the ice cream immediately upon chewing. I wish I could describe what the fruit tasted like, but it truly wasn't like anything I had ever tasted before. It was some kind of new flavor that just didn't seem natural in some way.

“Some people call it forbidden fruit, but it is really just fruit that has been blessed by the god, Ryu. It is a custom for newcomers of Zipangu to eat it as a desert. It is said that doing so grants you the protection of Ryu herself. Congratulations. You are now a true citizen of Zipangu.” Nasha said as she patted me on the back.

“It is also said that when two people share one of the fruits, that they will be bound together for eternity.” Firoa purred next to me ear. She dipped a finger into the melted ice cream in my bowl lifted out a piece of the fruit.

“How about it? Would you like to be bound with me tonight?” she asked me with a husky tenor. She brought it to her mouth and took it inside her lips so that it was still visible. She curled her finger invitingly and closed her eyes as though expecting me to accept the offer.

How surprised I was when before I even had the chance to say no thank you, a glob of ice cream struck Firoa's mouth and splattered all over her face. I turned back just in time to see Nasha hastily hide her hand inside her robes. I then heard growling and look back to see Firoa's long hair floating around her head her tails flailing threateningly behind her. I could feel a force radiating from her body like an invisible wall. She looked ready to explode into a hurricane.

“Now Firoa. Don't you think you're rushing our guest a bit here? Besides. It looks like he has already chosen somebody.” Topaz interjected as she handed the fox girl a cloth napkin.

I blushed instantly and looked back at Nasha to see how she would react to the statement. Surprisingly, she too was blushing and had her eyes averted awkwardly.

“I'm going to bed.” Firoa huffed as she got up abruptly and stormed out of the room with her tails flailing behind her. Once she had left the room, I addressed Topaz on her comment. Nasha seemed too embarrassed to respond.

“Nasha was kind enough to accompany me on the plane and through the town. If it wasn't for her, I would be pretty lost. She's proven to be a very good friend.” I said, doing my best to remain tactful.

“Oh. I see.” Topaz replied. You wouldn't think a woman made of flames could be capable of blushing, but somehow she managed to pull it off.

I yawned deeply and realized how tired I had become. I finished off the last of the delicious ice cream and pushed the bowl away.

“I suppose I'll go to bed.” I said as I stretched my arms. There had been enough discovery and excitement in my day to wear out anybody.

“I too will retire for the night.” Nasha added, getting up from the table and bowing to Topaz.

“Thank you for the delicious meal.” she said curtly.

“Yes, thanks a lot. I see now why you're famous.” I said as I offered my hand for a handshake. She took it happily. I could never get tired of of being able to touch fire without being burned.

“The pleasure is all mine. Please have a good night. And don't mind the inn keeper. She sometimes checks the halls at night to make sure all is well and gets a little sidetracked.” Topaz warned as she waved goodbye. Me and Nasha left the kitchen together and entered back into the dimly lit main room.

“Well...” I said awkwardly. Nasha had slithered over to the steps and seemed to be waiting for me.

“Oh, sorry.” I said, realizing that she was waiting for my assistance. I took her hand and helped her up that stairs as any gentleman would. When we reached the top, I took the opportunity to say what was on my mind.

“I'm sorry about what Topaz said. I understand that you are already interested in somebody. The last thing I want is to make you uncomfortable.” I said apologetically.

“Good night James.” Nasha said with her eyes turned away. She made her way down the hall and entered into her room as quickly as possible.

I sighed and hung my head. The possibility that I had just lost her as a friend crossed my mind. I wished I could have done something to prove that I respected her current relationship, but it probably wouldn't have mattered. The heart of a woman is fragile enough. I couldn't imagine what the heart of a beautiful, pale, pure, serpentine shrine maiden was like. I could only hope that she would still want to show me around the village the next day. I didn't hold my breath though. I understood that I would probably end up exploring on my own the next day.

“Goodnight Nasha.” I whispered as I walked past her door and entered my own room. I headed straight for the carved out bed that grew straight out of the wall and got under the deliciously smooth sheets. As soon as my head rested on the pillow that could have been made out of heaven's clouds, I fell into a deep sleep.

I wouldn't know until much later that Nasha had actually heard my goodnight to her. As she had been pressing up against the door and thinking about whether or not she should say what she was really feeling.
Chapter 4 - The Serene Village and Kuusha's Crisis
A Trip to Zipangu

Chapter 4 – The Serene Village and Kuusha's Crisis

There had been a couple occasions in the past where I had stayed in a hotel while on a business trip. For some reason, I never could sleep in a hotel. Whether it was because of the strange surroundings or my suspicion of the sweaty sins that had likely been committed on my bed, I never knew. But I can certainly tell you that I have become intimately familiar with many terrible late night television shows. Not for lack of trying. My brain just simply would not allow sleep to come when it knew I was in a hotel.

And yet, I had no issues with sleeping in the Fluffy Sheep Inn. For the entire night I slept soundly beneath a comforter that I could have sworn was hooked up to an electrical outlet. I awoke to the sensation of warm sun on my face and opened my eyes to see a beautiful blue sky looking down at me from the window. There were tiny specks of pollen floating through the air that was lit up by the sunbeam shining down on my bed. After a luxurious yawn, I turned over and discovered what was causing the comforting warmth. And it wasn't an electric blanket.

"Whoa!" I had shouted accidentally when I turned over and saw the wooly inn keeper laying next to me. The girl opened her eyes sleepily and looked up at me with a carefree smile.

"Good morning." she said drowsily.

“Good god woman! What are you doing in here?” I replied in a flustered fit. I hadn't been drinking the night before and I wasn't under the influence of any drug. How the hell had she gotten into my bed?

Please don't think I was being mean. It's just that when you wake up with a raging … ahem … completely natural morning event, you certainly wouldn't want some strange girl being there to see it.

“Oh dear. I'm so sorry. I was just checking the halls last night to make sure everything was alright and I heard you twisting and turning in your bed. I feared you were having a bad dream, so I used my fleece to calm you down. I guess I must have been so tired that I fell asleep in your bed.” she said with a gloved hand against her cheek.

I didn't have any recollection of having a bad dream at the time, but the twisting and turning she was speaking of might have been my natural aversion to hotels and such kicking in.

“What's so special about your fleece?” I asked curiously.

“I don't really know. It just puts people to sleep for some reason.” she replied just before she was overcome by a long yawn.

“That explains a lot.” I said as I fumbled to get out of the bed. After awkwardly asking the inn keeper to leave the room and silently locking the door behind her, I made my way towards what I had assumed to be the bathroom. And what a bathroom it was. There was no shower. Instead there was a large wooden basin carved out of the wall just like my bed. Running down the wall and ending in an opening at the bottom of the tub was a makeshift pipe. Running from the top of the wall down to the floor was a cord made of rope. I stripped down and approached the tub with confusion. It was unlike any setup I had ever seen.

“I guess...this?” I had muttered as I reached for the cord and gave it a jerk downwards. The cord gave and brought a gush of steaming hot water rushing through the open pipe and into the tub. The cord shook after a click came from above my head, stopping the flow of water. I pulled it again and more water entered the tub.

“Oh. It's like a pulley action pump. I get it.” I said, marveling at the ingenuity that didn't require a single watt of electricity. It was at that point that I realized. Zipangu wasn't behind the times in terms of technology. It was just a place where nature and engineering came together as one. A very noble notion I thought. The modern world could use a bit of that.

After I had bathed, brushed my teeth and changed into some jean shorts and a polo shirt, I exited the room and made my way downstairs into the main lobby. I wasn't sure if I should have expected Nasha to be waiting for me or not, but I wasn't surprised when I didn't see her in the lobby. She had likely moved on to her shrine without me.

“Oh well...” I mumbled with disappointment as I approached the inn keepers desk to see if she was around. Sure enough, there she was in her little carved out bed. Snoozing on her back with one of her hands over her head with the other resting on her stomach. No wonder she had an easy access bed right next to her desk. If not, she would have just ended up sleeping on the floor.

“Excuse me?” I said quietly. Honestly, I don't know why I bothered. She didn't even twitch from the sound of my voice. Suddenly, the shrill sound of a whistle broke the peaceful silence of the lobby and caused me to nearly jump out of my sandals.

“You can't be worried about being rude with her. She'll never hear you otherwise.” came the familiar voice of Nasha from across the room. I looked and saw her standing in the doorway that led to the dining room. Relief filled my soul as I laid eyes on the serpentine shrine maiden. Turns out she hadn't abandoned me after all.

“Oh, Nasha. Good morning.” I said, trying to hide the fact that I had been so bothered by the thought of her leaving me behind. The inn keeper had fully woken up and was looking up at us confusedly. I realized that I had forgotten about her and returned my attention to the desk.

“Sorry, I just wanted to ask if there was breakfast here.” I asked apologetically.

“Of course. Topaz is sleeping at the moment, but you are free to help yourself to anything in the kitchen.” the fluffy inn keeper replied kindly. I thanked her and quickly moved towards the kitchen so she could return to her beauty rest. Perhaps it was just me, but I thought I noticed Nasha become a little uneasy as I approached her. Yesterday she had been so kind and respectful, albeit with a slight wild side hiding within her. Today she seemed nervous. Like she was afraid to make eye contact.

“Hey. How are you?” I asked kindly. If she was still uncomfortable about Topaz's comment the night before, then I would have to try and help her try and forget it.

“I am well. Would you like to join me for breakfast?” she asked while keeping her eyes just slightly averted.

“Sounds good.” I replied, following her back into the dining room. We gathered some fixings for breakfast, including a loaf of bread, a jar of jam and some fruits from the kitchen. The food was pleasant enough, but I just couldn't take how uncomfortable it was to sit with Nasha and not have her say a word. Regardless, I kept my mouth shut and remained hopeful that patience would make everything better in due time.

“You are still welcome to come see my shrine if you wish.” Nasha said after we had finished our meal.

“Definitely. How far away is it?” I asked curiously. Nasha smiled and finally looked me square in the eyes. A great sign!

“It is a two day walk. One day to reach the karat mountain and another to scale it. There is a beautiful lake at the top where my shrine rests in the middle of. It is an astounding sight, but few venture there because of the long journey required.” Nasha explained. A two day walk didn't sound very appealing at first, but then I realized that it would be a great opportunity to see more of Zipangu and its fascinating citizens. And I definitely didn't have a problem with spending more time with Nasha.

“Are you still willing to accompany me?” she asked. No doubt she expected me to change my mind after hearing how far away it was.

“Even if I wasn't interested in seeing your shrine, I wouldn't let you travel that far by yourself.” I said. Perhaps a little more bold than was necessary, but it truly was how I felt.

“I appreciate that. Thank you James.” said Nasha with a respectful bow of her head.

It didn't take long for us to gather the things that we would need for the journey. Nasha took care of gathering food while I packed some clothes to take with me. I was curious why Nasha had collected such a small quantity of food, but she explained that nature would provide everything we would need for the trip. I was doubtful, but I didn't have any reason not to trust her. Zipangu was her home after all. Who was I to question her?

After packing my clothes into a small rucksack that Nasha had procured for me, we were ready to depart. I wasn't about to lug all of the things I had packed with me on a two day hike, so I asked the inn keeper if I would be able to leave them in my room. My worries were relieved when she said that it wouldn't be a problem at all. She waved goodbye with a mild mannered smile as me and Nasha approached the door.

“We must walk to the other end of the village to get on the right trail.” said Nasha as we stepped out of the inn and into the pleasantly warm air. Not a single cloud was in the sky and the breeze carried the smell of the ocean all the way to the village. A beautiful day for a walk.

“That's fine with me. I was hoping to see more of the village before we left.” I said. I was excited to see what other kinds of unique citizens inhabited the village.

And so Nasha acted as a tour guide while we made our way to the other end of the village. The village had such a lively atmosphere. Kind of like what you would see at a renascence fair. I saw a woman who was sewing a set of robes with very fine thread. Only the tread wasn't thread. It was silk that came from the abdomen of her bottom half, which was that of a green spider. I waved back at her when she looked up from her work and waved at me kindly, but Nasha hurried me along before I could do any more.

Further on, we passed by a street show that was surrounded by a crowd of cheering men and monster women. I looked at Nasha like a child asking for an expensive new toy. She sighed and allowed me to squeeze through the crowd so I could see what was going on. Once I got through, I saw a pair of what looked like female ninjas in matching purple suits and masks covering their mouths. One ninja was holding a series of kunai throwing knives in her hands while the other was holding a length of extremely thin metallic wire. I nearly swallowed my own tongue when out of nowhere, the ninja holding the knives threw one at her partner.

How silly I felt when I realized that it was all part of the show. The ninja with the metal wire maneuvered her hands with expert dexterity and before my eyes could even register what had happened, the kunai was hanging on the wire from a small loop on the handle.

“Now that is amazing.” I said out loud, not realizing that I had spoken way too soon. Turns out that what I had just seen was merely the preview. The two ninjas nodded their heads to each other to signal that they were ready to begin. The kunai wielding ninja reeled her arms back and started sending a constant barrage of kunais at her partner. I couldn't image what kind of training they had gone through to get so good. Every knife that was thrown quickly found itself dangling from the length of cord. I tried my best to catch the motions, but her hands simply moved too fast. She would twist and turn her body in a kind of dance while her arms moved gracefully and without any wasted motion. It was like watching a mesmerizing ballet.

After every knife had been thrown and caught on the wire, it was time for the grand finale. The ninja with the cord began to twirl it above her head like a lasso while her partner drew a katana sword from behind her back. The ninja with the cord then released one end and hurled all ten kunais at her partner in a straight line. Her partner whacked every knife out of the air with her sword, sending each one soaring into the air. Once all ten had been deflected, she threw her sword up into the air with them. I looked up and saw the knives coming back down between the two. Each one of them dug into the ground where they landed, ending with the sword which landed at the bottom of a shape. The shape of a heart formed out of knives.

I cheered loudly along with the crowd. Not even the most skilled circus performers could ever pull off a stunt as flawless and dangerous as what these two skilled beauties had just performed. The performers took a bow and disappeared in a cloud of purple smoke. I then felt Nasha's hand on my shoulder and understood that it was time to go.

There was so much that I wanted to stop and see, but Nasha kept reminding me that time was of the essence if we wanted to make it to a safe checkpoint by nightfall.

“Zipangu may seem like a peaceful place to you, but it does have its dangers. And those dangers often prefer to come out at night.” she explained while she pulled me away from a snowy faced woman who was showing off a collection of ice sculptures at a table. And I was so looking forward to asking her how she managed to keep them from melting in the direct sunlight.

“Not that I don't believe you, but what kind of dangers?” I asked curiously. Nasha shook her head.

“If you have a chance of getting through your time here without ever witnessing them, then I would just as soon prefer not to tell you.” she said respectfully. It was a response I could tolerate, but it really only made me wonder even more. After a few more minutes of walking, we found ourselves nearing the gates that led to the outside of the village. Just as we were about to cross the threshold into the wilds of Zipangu, a voice came from behind us that caused both of us to sigh in despair.

“Where ya goin?” came the familiar voice of the sexy fox, Firoa. I turned around and saw her in a new attire. She was wearing a set of orange robes that fit loosely on her body and allowed for much higher mobility than her tight china dress. The neck was widely cut and came dangerously close to slipping down over her heaving breasts. The sleeves and ankles of the robes were similarly cut, allowing the wind to easily find its way into her robes and causing it to flutter in the breeze. Naturally, there was a hole cut in the back of the robes to allow her fluffy tails room to expand.

“We are going to my shrine, and I'm afraid you are not invited.” Nasha huffed with her nose turned upwards at the fox. Was there some kind of natural hatred between snakes and foxes that I was unaware of? Or was it something else?

“Silly Nasha, I'm not interested in your crummy shrine. All I'm interested in is this handsome young man here.” Firoa said as she came closer. Her face was calm, but I had a feeling that there was anger rising with her. One spark and I would have to run to get clear of the blast radius. Either way, I figured it was time I finally said something. Nasha had been “fighting” my battles for me too much already.

“Ma'am, I have to ask. You're a very beautiful woman. So why are you so interested in me? In all honesty, I'm not much of a man.” I said truthfully.

Firoa studied me for a moment. Her eyes softened and she smiled warmly. She no longer appeared aloof and sexy. For at least one brief moment in time, she appeared to be compassionate. You know, instead of just passionate.

“We youko are renowned for our ability to see into the souls of men. You probably think that I'm just a lustful fox demon, but there's much more to my interest for you than just that. From the moment I saw you when you first arrived in Zipangu, I was smitten with everything about you. I know without a doubt that you are the only man for me, and I will not stop following you until you feel the same way.” said Firoa. She placed a hand on the side of my face and held it there while she spoke. Relaxing heat radiated from her hand. Like her feelings were traveling through her skin and into my own body.

“Firoa, I know for a fact that you said the exact same thing to the last man you set your sights on.” Nasha said with her arms crossed. I looked over at Nasha in wide eyed surprise and back at Firoa who was blushing fiercely. Had she really just...

“Whoops.” she said with a coquettish grin.

“Oh god. I can't believe I almost fell for that. Lets go Nasha.” I said as I returned to the shirohebi's side. We exited the village and walked down a dirt path with Firoa apologizing profusely while she followed stubbornly. We might not have been able to get rid of her, but at least we could ignore the trickster. A sly fox indeed.

“So Nasha, are there any others of your kind that live out here in the woods?” I asked while we walked next to a riverbed with trees on either side. The air was thick with the smell of pine trees and there was plenty of pollen floating around. I took a puff on my inhaler to help my breathing. It was a beautiful place, but that didn't change the fact that the air was murder on my asthma.

“My kind?” she asked with a grin. She must have known I was trying to be polite.

“Well, you know. People like you two.” I asked, pointing at her and Firoa. Firoa took the opportunity to answer.

“There are many uncivilized breeds that prowl at night, but there are plenty of docile dwellers as well.” said Firoa. It was then that I heard the sound of rustling grass and leaves coming from the woods. The trees were too thickly clustered for me to get a clear view.

“You hear that?” I asked, scanning the trees for what could be making the noise.

Before either Nasha or Firoa could respond, a strange girl with gray, fur covered limbs and odd yellow clothing burst from the trees and skidded to a halt in front of us. She had mouse-like ears and pointy buckteeth that jutted from her lip. A wormy tail waved behind her with a white and purple egg wrapped tightly in the coils. She appeared to be very surprised by our presence.

“Uhh...hi.” I said, raising my hand in greeting. I must have said something terrible in those two words, because the mouse girl leaped in shock and immediately bolted down the path that we had been taking. The egg bobbing lightly behind her. The way she ran on all fours and bounced her front and hind limbs up and down really reminded me of a real mouse.

With my attention diverted to the scampering mouse, I failed to see the mass of purple feathers charging directly at me from the trees. Apparently the creature didn't see me either, as I was quickly beset upon by the fluffiest battering ram in existence. It hit me so hard that both of us went tumbling into the quietly flowing river.

“James!” I heard Nasha shout from the riverside as I tried my best to get my bearings. Which was difficult, considering the squealing and flailing feathered girl that had her, what I assumed to be wings, wrapped around my neck in a panic.

“It's alright. Calm down.” I sputtered as I tried to swim back to the riverside. Thankfully we had floated down to an area where sand led from the water up to dry land. I kicked our way over to the sand until my feet met solid ground. It's difficult enough to stand when up when your clothes are soaking wet, but it's even more difficult when you're carrying a girl covered in wet feathers. At least she had calmed down a bit, though she was still extremely upset over something.

“Alright.” I muttered once we reached the grass. I laid the girl down and brushed off the numerous feathers that were stuck to my face and clothes. The poor girl looked so pitiful laying in the grass with her coat of feathers looking an utter mess. She looked up at me shyly while I tried to tidy myself up a bit. Nasha and Firoa came running down the path with worried looks on their faces.

“I'm fine. I'm fi...” I tried to say, but was interrupted when Firoa pounced on me and smooshed her enormous breasts against my face. She hugged me so tightly that I felt like an orange being squeezed for its juice.

“I was so worried.” Firoa said in a valiant, yet still unsuccessful attempt at sounding genuinely concerned. Thankfully Nasha stepped forward and pulled the clingy youko off of me so I could breath again. She then placed a hand under my chin and looked me directly in the eyes. The same way she had done on the plane when I had started to panic about it crashing. Under her ruby red stare, I felt my heart begin to calm down and my tenseness start to loosen.

“Are you alright?” she asked concernedly. With her, I believed it.

“I'm just fine, but I'm worried about her.” I replied, nodding my head at the still nervous looking bird girl.

“Well how about that. It's a harpy. I haven't seen one in quite some time.” said Firoa as she looked over the distressed girl. I walked over to the harpy and crouched down next to her.

“If you're concerned about running into me, you don't have to worry about it. Are you okay?” I asked her, offering my hand to help her up. The harpy looked at my hand and appeared hesitant, but she eventually took it and allowed me to hoist her up onto her clawed feet. She was surprisingly light. She must have inherited the extremely low bone density that most birds possess.

The girl remained silent, but then Nasha came up to me an put a hand on my shoulder. She then whispered into my ear.

“That mouse was carrying an egg in its tail. Do you think it might belong to her?” she said. It made sense, so I focused my attention back on the harpy.

“You wouldn't happen to be missing an egg would you?” I asked softly. With that, the harpy eyes instantly began to swell with tears. She lunged forward and threw her wings around my chest. She buried her face in my chest and started crying into my shirt. She had a high pitched voice that sounded like squeaking as she sobbed. I was initially surprised, but I eventually put one of my hands on her head and patted it comfortingly. The poor girl.

“Hey, it's alright. We'll get it back for you.” I said cheerfully. The harpy looked up into my face with surprise.

“We saw were that mouse went. You just wait here and we'll get it back. How about it? We have time to help her out don't we?” I asked Nasha and Firoa. While Nasha still appeared to have her reservations about not reaching the safety of the mountain in time, she still nodded her head in agreement. Even Firoa, whom I never imagined would ever be interested in anything other than bed-top sports, agreed to help.

“Umm...” the harpy murmured shyly just before we could start our search.

“Yes?” I asked.

“I'm...Kuusha. Thank you for helping me.” she said quietly with her eyes averted. She really was quite the shy one.

“Nice to meet you. We'll introduce ourselves when we get back.” I said before turning to run in the direction that the mouse had fled.

“Do not fret. We shall return with your offspring soon.” said Nasha confidently with a wave of her hand before she followed behind. She could move surprisingly fast for somebody with coils instead of legs.

“I don't suppose we'll get a reward for this?” Firoa asked as she dashed after us with the speed of a nimble fox.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Re: A Trip to Zipangu

Post by dragonstryke58 »

OMG...I can't wait for the next part! So far I like how the story is written. The first person retelling is a nice touch. It give the kind of feel that it's happening to you. Makes me imagine being in his shoes.

You think Kayak.com will have tickets for Monster Air?
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon

dragonstryke58 wrote:
I'm afraid not. The only way to get a ticket on that elusive plane is to receive one from a person that has been to Zipangu.

I'm glad you enjoyed it so far.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Helios Leinheart wrote:
dragonstryke58 wrote:
I'm afraid not. The only way to get a ticket on that elusive plane is to receive one from a person that has been to Zipangu.

I'm glad you enjoyed it so far.
:shock: ... err from what you just told me I have a sneaking suspicion about something. I don't want it to be spoiled so I'll just wait until you're finished writing it to see if it comes true.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

Love the premise, looking forward to seeing a continuation.
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon

I just have to say, I got about halfway through part two last night, and I am loving it. There is so much potential here that I may have to extend it by a couple parts.
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon

Yeah. I just may end up moving this thread to the continuous fanfic section. Anyway, please enjoy.

A Trip to Zipangu - Part 2
“Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to announce that we will soon be landing in Zipangu. Please take your seats and make sure all of your trays are in their upright positions. To our new visitors, I must warn you. The inhabitants of Zipangu tend to be very interested in newcomers. Should you find yourself being harassed and require assistance, just call out for security and you will be promptly aided by the nearest guard. Please enjoy your time in Zipangu. We look forward to seeing you again.” said the flight attendant over the speaker system.

“Holy crap! We're already there?” I said with surprise as I looked out of my window for any sign of the place.

“Yes, but you won't be able to see it like that.” said Nasha quietly.

“What do you mean? Where is this place anyway?” I asked, turning back to Nasha.

“I believe you have heard of it. The Bermuda triangle?” Nasha said, causing my heart to race.

“Uhh, yeah I've heard of it. It's supposed to be one of the most mystical and dangerous seas on the planet. Don't tell me where flying over it now?” I replied in a panic as I looked back out of the window to check for any signs of the supernatural below. I quickly reached for my inhaler when I saw that the plane was descending down into what appeared to be nothing but churning water. There was no land around whatsoever. I nearly swallowed the inhaler as I fumbled to get it into my mouth.

“Relax James.” Nasha said soothingly as she placed a hand on my arm.

“We're gonna crash. Jesus Christ we are going to crash. We're going to crash!” I said through heaving breaths as I tried to take another puff off of my inhaler, but Nasha stopped my hand and placed hers on my cheek. She turned my face towards her so I could see her eyes. They were completely devoid of any fear.

“How can you be so calm?” I asked, feeling my heart start to relax as I gazed into her peaceful eyes. Those beautiful, red eyes.

“Look again.” she said quietly with a nod towards the window. I did so, and promptly dropped my inhaler.

There was no longer a body of water beneath the plane. As if the great city of Atlantis had suddenly risen from the sea, the plane had landed on a wide runway lined with palm trees. I looked to my left and saw nothing but grasslands that led to an equally desolate beach. There were no structures and no people. Just land.

I looked to my right, past Nasha and through the window on the other side of the plane. Through the window, I could see that beyond the trees was an enormous cement wall that reached about twenty feet high. I bent my neck downwards and could just make out the tops of buildings poking over the wall.

“What just happened?” I said in a slack jawed daze. My quota for the strange and unknown had been met for the day long ago. I was surprised that I could be surprised anymore.

“The island has been blessed with the protection of Ryu, and remains hidden to those that are not worthy of entering. You should be honored.” said Nasha with a smile.

“I'm a little too busy being shocked to feel honored at the moment.” I said as I rested back in my seat and tried to take it all in. It was at that point that a thought passed through my mind that probably should have long ago.

How the hell did my boss know about this place?

I remained quiet as the plane slowed to a stop beside a cement tunnel that led up to the wall. It wasn't until the flight attendant spoke from right next to my seat that I was roused from my stunned state.

“Welcome to Zipangu. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here.” she said with a wink. She then stepped over to the door of the plane and opened it. I remained seated until the other passengers stepped off the plane by using a stepladder that had been rolled up to the door.

“Would you kindly assist me?” Nasha asked as she motioned with her hand in the isle. I awkwardly got up from my seat and slipped past Nasha's so I could take her hand in the isle. I watched as she gracefully slithered her lower half out of the compartment and into the isle. I walked slowly to allow her room to expand. When we got to the stairs, I looked at Nasha with concern. The stairs were metal and didn't look very considerate of her snake half.

“I will be fine. Just allow me to hold onto you so I don't fall.” she said, coiling her arms around my neck from behind without warning. The hairs on my neck stood on end as I felt her covered breasts smoosh into my back. I could feel her gentle breathing on my exposed neck, sending sparks of excitement to my brain.

It's a gentleman's job to offer women their back, right?

I took a few steps down the staircase with Nasha dragging behind me. She felt surprisingly light considering the large snake tail that was trailing behind her.

“Are you okay?” I asked as I continued my decent.

She muttered her confirmation, as though she were too embarrassed for words. I couldn't be sure, but I thought I could feel her breath growing hotter and more racy. I started to sweat, and it wasn't because of the heat.

I walked forward a few steps when we reached the bottom so her snake half would have enough room to slide onto flat ground. It was then I realized that the other passengers had already gone into the tunnel, leaving the two of them completely alone outside of the wall. There wasn't a sound in the air other than the quiet breeze and the sound of rustling palm trees.

I looked at Nasha and realized how strange it was that I was standing outside with her alone. A few hours on a plane and it was like we were lovers. I quickly stamped that thought from my mind though. She was already interested in somebody and I couldn't risk ruining the pleasant relationship we had made by discussing anything beyond that.

“Well, shall we then?” I said as I stepped forward and grasped one of the door handles. I opened the door and stepped aside to allow Nasha to pass through into the dimly lit corridor.

“Thank you.” she said, bowing her head in respect as she passed me.

I closed the door behind me as I entered and turned around to see the second set of doors not far down the corridor. My eyes took a moment to get used to the darker surroundings.

“I gotta say, I was expecting something a bit more extravagant than this.” I blurted out. Can you blame me? I was standing in a damp corridor with bare bulbs hanging overhead. I began to feel like the plane had taken a wrong turn into Mexico.

“Really? Does this fulfill your expectations then?” said Nasha as she pulled the second set of doors open, filling the corridor with blinding white light. The instant the doors opened, the roar of cheering and applause nearly blew me off my feet. I raised an arm to shield my eyes from the light as I stepped through the doors and out into the commotion. I immediately felt a pair of hands clasp my cheeks and a pair of lips sneak under my arm, connecting with my mouth. The taste of bitter alcohol violated my taste buds as a little fluid passed through the unknown lips and into my mouth.

“Whoa!” I said in surprise, as I pulled my face back and lowered my arm. Standing before me was a slender woman with blue skin and short, light blue hair. She was smiling drunkenly and had a blush in her face that contrasted her skin. She was clothed in a two piece, leopard skin bikini.

“Ya want a drink?” she asked drunkenly over the sound of the roaring crowd of men and women.

“Sis, what the hell are you doing, ehh? Sorry man.” interjected another woman that was bright red instead of blue. She took the shoulders of the steaming drunk and directed her into the crowd.

“Welcome to Zipangu!” said another women that came forward and placed a necklace of flowers around my neck. She had brown wings instead of arms that grazed my face softly as she offered the necklace. She smiled at me cheerfully before standing aside and allowing me to pass. I grinned at her awkwardly and tried to catch sight of Nasha. I quickly spotted her behind a crowd of screaming girls. She appeared to be looking for me as well, so I tried my best to weave through the crowd and reach her.

“Hey big boy. You all alone? How would you like me to show you around?” said a voice from behind me as I was forced to a halt by a multitude of fluffy tails that wrapped around me from all angles. I turned my head around and saw a blonde woman with pointy fox ears. She had her back to me and was looking with her head turned slightly around so that all I could see was one of her naughty eyes. She was wearing a red china dress with a hole cut in the bottom for her surprisingly strong tails to slip through, of which I counted about seven.

“Sorry, I'm already with somebody.” I said as I tried to wiggle from the grasp of her soft tails. They didn't look strong, but within those delightful tubes of fur were truly muscular appendages that refused to release him.

“You'll have much more fun with me honey. C'mon. I'll show you my place first. You'll love it.” she said as she began to drag me away from Nasha.

Suddenly, she was stopped as a hand wrapped around one of the fox woman's tails and held tightly, causing her to yelp to and turn back around. I did the same, and saw Nasha.

“Excuse me ma'am, but I am this young man's escort today.” she said with the air of the shrine maiden lineage that she was dressed as.

“Hmm, competition? I like that.” said the fox as she licked her lips and released me from her grasp. Nasha responded by releasing her tail and placing her hand on my shoulder. Not that I had been in a particularly dangerous situation, but I felt very safe with the beautiful shirohebi next to me.

“I'm not gonna give you up that easily baby. See you.” she said as she blew a kiss in my direction. She crouched down and leaped high into the air and over the surrounding crowd, disappearing from sight.

“Wow.” I said with stunned amazement. Both over her impressive acrobatic skill, and the fact that she wanted me so badly. It's not every day you meet a sexy fox that wants to jump your bones.

“Come. This crowd is making my head hurt.” said Nasha as she took me by the hand and led me through the numerous men and monstrous women.

She led me urgently as we approached a large building with the words “Fluffy Sheep Inn” charmingly carved in wood over the entrance with a pair of golden sheep horns on either side. She forced her way through a line of cat-like women with large paws and feet, and quickly pulled me through the ornately carved wooden doors. Like closing the door on a zombie hoard right outside of your home, we both pressed our backs against the doors and forced them closed as the cats on the other side tried to push their way in.

“Women and children first!” I called out with a laugh as we struggled with the last few inches of the door.

“It's always like this when someone new shows up.” Nasha said with a shameful bow of her head. Apparently she wasn't very impressed with the uncivilized nature of her kin.

Eventually we managed to get it closed and rested with our backs to the wall for a moment. We were both breathing heavily and I even caught sight of a few sweat drops upon Nasha's brow. I must admit, I was surprised to see the woman that I had originally thought to be frail and soft spoken was actually a very active and exciting person. Well, monster. Shirohebi. Whatever. The distinction didn't matter to me either way.

Eventually, Nasha got herself upright and wiped the sweat from her forehead with a thumb and straightened out her clothes, trying to look as dignified as possible.

“They will return to their normal routine after the day is through.” said Nasha as she gently fanned her face.

“I hope so. I'd hate to be stuck in here for my whole vacation.” I said with a chuckle as I observed the inside of the awe inspiring inn. Everything was carved redwood that had been expertly polished to give the room a remarkable shine. It was like it had been carved out of the insides of a tree.

“Then again, that might not be so bad.” I added as I ran my hands along one of the elegant carvings of a flower in the wall. It was incredibly smooth and without a single imperfection. I had truly stepped into a work of art.

Suddenly, the sound of a rumbling tummy came from Nasha's midsection. I glanced in her direction with a smirk and saw her face was turned away from me once again with her hand covering her cheek.

“Oh dear...” she said embarrassed.

“Nothing to be ashamed about. I'm hungry too. Do they serve dinner here?” I asked, giving my stomach a little rub.

“Indeed they do, but we will need to rouse the innkeeper first.” replied Nasha. I was confused by her words. What did she mean by rouse?

Nasha slithered up to the check-in counter of the inn. I followed close behind. When we reached the counter, Nasha craned her head over the top, prompting me to do the same. On the other side of the counter was a sleeping beauty that appeared to be clothed in very revealing, yellow sheep's wool. She was resting on a bed that had been carved out of the wall itself, complete with a large pillow and comforter. A bit of drool was dripping from her mouth and onto the pillow.

I've never been one to think a woman cute, but this one, man she was cute. She was downright precious. And I'll admit, I seriously wanted to hug her and feel that soft fleece she was clothed in.

“Excuse me?” I said quietly in an effort to wake her up. Nasha snickered at my sad effort and placed a pair of fingers in her mouth. She blew hard, emitting an ear splitting whistle that would have woken old Van Winkle from a mile away.

With a snort, the women slowly opened her eyes and looked up at us with a vacant stare. She first focused her eyes on Nasha and appeared confused. She then slowly turned her gaze towards me and smiled happily with half closed eyes. Everything about this women just screamed narcolepsy, but I didn't have a problem with that at all. Just her very image was enough to induce intense relaxation.

“Ahh......welcome to....” she started, but was cut off by a long, luxurious yawn.

“...my inn.” she finally finished after what seemed like a minute of yawning. She rubbed her eyes sleepily and gazed at us as though waiting for us to make the next move.

“Uhh, yeah. It's a really nice one. I'd like to buy a room for two weeks please.” I said as I reached for the wallet in my back pocket. I looked over at Nasha and smiled.

“I'd also like to pay for a room for her as well.” I added. Trust me, my intentions were pure. I was very grateful for her assistance since getting on the plane. I felt it was time for me to show my gratitude in some substantial way. Nasha looked over at me confusedly.

“What do you mean by...pay?” the lady in sheep's clothing asked in a daze.

“Remember what I told you James? This place is a paradise. There is no concept of currency here.” Nasha explained.

“Seriously?” I said, flabbergasted at the very idea of such a utopia. I guess we've all been corrupted by a world that is ruled by money. It's such a fickle thing when you really think about it.

“Yes, but I appreciate the offer very much. You are a kind man.” Nasha said with a bow of her head.

“Hey, no problem. I just wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me.” I said with a blush as I awkwardly shoved my wallet back into my pants.

“If you still wish to repay me, then I would greatly appreciate a partner to join me for dinner. Dining alone is so boring, and I have grown fond of your company.” Nasha said, averting her eyes from me once again.

Like I was actually going to say no to her.

“Of course I'll join you for dinner.” I said with a smile. Once again, the thought that we were building a relationship went through my mind. The kind of relationship that involves an isle sometime in the future. I quickly pushed aside that kind of wishful thinking, reminding myself that this woman was already with somebody.

“Dinner should be almost ready.” said the tired innkeeper as she daintily stood from her bed and walked around the counter to join us.

“Please follow me.” she said as she walked through a pair of swinging doors that were carved in the shapes of wings. Connected to each one on the wall was a pair of carved women in the wood. The masterpiece left me breathless as I stepped through the door and followed the inn keeper down a short hallway. The smell of delectable foods wafted through the hallway, giving me a real lust for a delicious meal.

“Please enjoy.” said the inn keeper as she opened a door for us that led down a few winding steps and into the most cozy dining room I had ever seen. An enormous wooden table sat in the middle of the room with ornately carved wooden chairs surrounding it. I counted about fourteen.

I assisted Nasha down the stairs and pulled out a chair for her to sit, receiving another bow of thanks in return. I then took a seat for myself next to her and eagerly awaited for the meal to be served. The table was all set with silverware and plates. All that was needed was some food to load them up with.

“Welcome to my famous kitchen. Known for producing the finest meals in all of Zipangu.” said a loud and cheerful voice from the other side of another set of swinging doors that I assumed led to the kitchen.

“Are you ready for dinner and a show?” she asked, her voice growing closer to the door. I suppressed a chuckle at her enthusiasm. It was like I had just walked into a Chuck E Cheese.

“Uhh, yeah.” I replied with a snicker. I felt distinctly more comfortable when I looked over at Nasha and saw her covering her mouth and chuckling as well.

“Alright then! Lets get cooking!” she said as the doors burst open, revealing the single, most dangerous hazard ever to walk through a wooden building. Standing in the doorway, with a series of pans in one hand and a plate of food in the other, was a bright red woman clothed in nothing but flames.

“Meet the most famous cook in Zipangu. Topaz.” said Nasha as she grabbed my arm to prevent me from bolting out of the room.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Great job! Loving it so far. I so need to find a way to get there. I hope to Ryu that I am worthy...
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon

I really don't want to have to beg for details. I had to do that all the time on MGU and I was hoping it would be different here.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Details? Do you mean the "..." at the end? If so, I'm sorry it's a habit of mine. I guess you could say it's "I hope to Ryu I am worthy...because in the story, only the worthy can get to Zipangu." or "I hope to Ryu that I am worthy...because I am falling in love with Zipangu."
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon

By details, I mean what was liked, what wasn't, etc.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Ahh...Well, I have no complaints so there's not much to say about what I don't like. As for what I like. I really enjoyed Nasha's interaction with the main character. Also, in general, the setting of Zipangu and the interactions of its inhabitants were great.
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Personally, I am very fond of the "Fluffy Sheep Inn". Just the imagery of being in a building made entirely of polished redwood brings me a sense of peace. The smell would be incredible. And I also like the innkeeper herself. She'll be getting a humorous little scene in the next part.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Since you are a singing person, I'm guessing you are a good speaker as well. What do you think of narrating your stories and uploading your speech? Just like the old school radio shows, when they said stories on the air. ^_^ I think it would be interesting to listen to how you read through the story so we can understand the full emotion of the dialogue and such.
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon

Feathers wrote:Since you are a singing person, I'm guessing you are a good speaker as well. What do you think of narrating your stories and uploading your speech? Just like the old school radio shows, when they said stories on the air. ^_^ I think it would be interesting to listen to how you read through the story so we can understand the full emotion of the dialogue and such.
I need to clarify something right quick. I was joking about the Phantom of the Opera thing. Yes, I do like to sing, but generally not in front of people.

And are you really serious about me doing this? I could probably handle it, but I'm not sure of how enjoyable it could be.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I am serious yes, and no one else has done it yet so you could be very unique if you did! I personally dislike reading and when I was a kid in school always enjoyed stories more when teachers read them to me and added their own emotion instead of me having to read them silently. I don't know, maybe it wouldn't work for an ero story though..just was throwing out the thought.
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon

Thankfully, this won't be an ero story. Just some echii humor.

I dunno. I might whip out the old mic and try a part when I have an opportunity. Maybe I'll throw in some music too.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Helios Leinheart wrote:Thankfully, this won't be an ero story. Just some echii humor.

I dunno. I might whip out the old mic and try a part when I have an opportunity. Maybe I'll throw in some music too.
Awesome, I am looking forward to that possibility.
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Post by DogKama »

I didnt know you wrote part 2 of it alread XD i need to read it fast before part 3 comes out!

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Harbinger
Fool
Fool
Personal Title: Elite guard
Favorite Monster Type: Snake, dragon, insects

Post by Harbinger »

All that I have is intrigue of what the next part will be like!
The duty of a guard is to protect and serve even if it costs us our life...