Steam Summer Sale 2018

The Biyearly Brutal Wallet Gangrape

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Steam Summer Sale 2018

Post by Blake81 »

Steam+summer+sale+the+greatest+and+worst+time+of+the_bbc622_4678423.png
That's right wallet, I hope your body is ready, because mine certainly is. :haha:

Since I sadly couldn't get enough money to blow it all on DOOM, I decided I should instead focus on some titles that have been on my Wishlist for ages, waiting for a sale.

So, my targets are the following:

1- WORLD END ECONOMiCA - Episode 1 & 2

This is a Visual Novel written and created by Hasekura Isuna. And if that sentence alone isn't enough to make you buy it, then I'll sum it up easier:

TL;DR: Space and Wolf: Merchants on the Moon

So, you know the drill; cute girls and heavy economics. I was actually hoping that Ep3 would've come out already, but I seriously NEED my dose of Hasekura-sensei epicness....

2- ROM- Read Only Memories

This one was on my getcha list since last year; it was added along with Undertale and I was forced to choose between the two. And while I do not by any measure regret my choice, the idea of a Retro-Style Cyberpunk Adventure Point-and-Click game brought to me the fond memories of the very first game I ever saw with those tags; Neuromancer. And while this game's much more lighthearted than the dystopic 80s classic, it has the only thing that could've made that kind of game even better, and that's MGs. Seriously, the Breath of Fire inspiration is all over this game, and that's the kind of thing my good consciousness does not allow me to pirate...

3- Starlight Drifter

This one will most certainly not be on SALE; being a VERY Early Access and all (been barely out for a month). However, I've been following it for a long time now, and it has a very diligent Developer team (the fact every Negative Review has Dev Comments on it says a lot, and even then, many of those have changed to Positive in just this month). I'll only buy it if it HAPPENS to come on SALE. Else, I'll keep watching.

4- Subterrain

The odd one this season, yet also the meatiest. Found about it just last week, and it seems to be an interesting mixture I like to refer to as ''DOOM SPACE: Marscraft 2D''. It combines Minecraft base building and monsters-come-at-night, DOOM's Mars base setting and Dead Space sense of cramped horror. Also, it's randomly generated, so add a dash of NEO Scavenger to the mix. I'll probably wait for a bigger daily sale for this one, but I'll definitely be getting it; as much as I like VNs, they don't last long for me, so I need something to keep my fingers sore until X-Mas.

5- Tales of Maj'Eyal

I should had been able to buy this one, even with the $3 I had left on my card, as it's worth almost half of that on this SALE. Good ol'fashioned Roguelike, for the pure-blooded race of :nerd: PROUD NERDS :nerd: who played Sword of Fargoal on the almighty Commodore back at the day the usage of Computers was restricted solely to High GEEK Wizards, graduated from the ACODERmia with at least two rolls of 5 on their HACKING skill; a pleasure none of you GUI-spoiled mouse-using casual-gaming Millenials can even remotely understand. (jk'n) :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Re: Steam Summer Sale 2016

Post by Feathers »

I didn't see anything interesting but DOOM. Can't afford that just yet though. $35 is not a bad price!
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

While it may be absolutely silly and stupid, the Saint's Row ultimate franchise pack is going for 13.74 CND. Got Mad Max on for 20, DOOM for me is 48, Bioshock 2 is 5 bucks, with Infinite + Season pass same price as Saint's Row. Effing Steal right here.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

For me, while I do have a wishlist going... nothing's jumped out at me going "BUY ME!"...

...Granted, the fact I only got 11 dollars in my account may be part of that. >_>
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Boomerang
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Craziest Praxis writer
Favorite Monster Type: Ureonggaksi

Post by Boomerang »

I've spent a bit on the sale so far, mostly some games I'd had hanging around the wishlist for ages. (Mutant Mudds for one) I might buy Fallout 4 in anticipation of buying a new comp, but... ehh, chicken and egg conundrum there on which I'd best get first. This comp's still good, but it can't handle most modern games in 3d.

I do feel this summer sale is VERY lackluster compared to last year's. No daily specials with extra discount, no silly minigames, just an animated bg and a focus on VR promotion. FYI, I'm not likely to invest in that kind of stuff any time soon. The emoticons you can get though are kinda worth it, but not overly so.

I´d urge folks to NOT BUY Mighty No.9, even if it gets a good discount for some reason. If you want anything Mega Man like that is actually a fun game, get MetaGal or Shovel Knight.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Yeah I'll probably never even touch MN9. I've already bought Nights of Azure, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and Omega Quintet (grand total spent of $59, thanks to sales and trades) this month, so no more games for a while here.

I might possibly grab DOOM next month before the sale ends, after I get my check, maybe...
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

I did see the early Doom games for under 5 dollars though.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I still have all of them myself. :) Funny, since I threw away a whole lot of my old games today, but I couldn't part with the Valve, id software, Descent, Blizzard games, and a few others. Finally decided to toss my X-wing Vs Tie Fighter and Dragon Age discs (kept the serials for safe keeping however) though. I did throw away my original DOOM Knee Deep in the Dead demo disc though, haha.
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

As much as I like Steam sales, my main priority would be getting a high-powered comp to play those modern games, otherwise I'm stuck with console games at full price...
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Post by DogKama »

Bought four out of the 5 Sega Genesis/ Mega Drive packs for 8$. Also its my birthday!

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Swordmaster of the void.

Post by Scrapmaster »

uuuh no one's noting that THE WITCHER 3 is on a big discount?
Its 30 or so $ now, dlcs are on discount too, the game is AMAZING.
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Death? I have gotten used to it, for I cannot die...I come back every time.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Man, I couldn't even get past the first hour of Witcher 3 (Steam refund thank you~). I really wanted to like the game too. :( From the very beginning it was just not my tastes. I'm starting out being forced to play a guy banging some chick I didn't even give a flip about, and it went downhill from there. It will probably be $5 in a few months like all the other Witchers though, I'd wait. They are usually very generous on sales.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Re: Steam Sales 2016

Post by Feathers »

Lots of nice sales this time. I picked up DOOM for $20 and Gal Gun Double Peace for $28. Dark Souls III is 50% off too, kind of tempted..
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Post by DogKama »

Picked up XCOM 2 deluxe (Game and all DLC) for about 33$

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

Was gifted Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, and Tabletop Simulator

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

One minute I'm shooting cute girls with pleasure bullets and making them writhe in pleasure, then ripping demons heads off and blowing them to bits. Yep, I'm versatile with shooters! I can't seem to shake the Mcree playstyle though, and I notice I'm getting 45%+ accuracy in Overwatch now, from 36% and getting a lot more headshots after playing so many different shooters.

2016 was a decent year for sales! Wish we had some kind of coop game to try out together.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Despite me having to suffer seeing so much stuff I wanted on just the Sales I needed last year, I simply don't feel like spending my money on games I can't even play, but that doesn't mean I didn't buy anything.

I finally got the second episode of World End Economica, and while it was nice to see the 3rd episode finally come out this Dec 21, I'll probably wait until next year to buy it.

On the other hand, I might get Owlboy and the new Shantae if my new laptop can run them. Because, as good as my new laptop is, game-wise it's only slightly better. It's as if I replaced my old and rusty toaster for a brand new George Foreman Grill; the new one is much better, but it's still a toaster....
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

George Foreman grill is SO good! I just got one this year heh.

Shantae is completely worth it too.

I think I'm done buying for this year. Time to start saving again. I had 3 checks this month, so I had a teeny bit of fun money to enjoy for once.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

Just can't beat a George Foreman when you want a hot sandwich, or just one burger or grilled chicken sandwich.

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Not a Steam sale, but Origin has some nice sales as well, people may want to give it a look. I picked up Mass Effect Trilogy for $15. Other good games up there like Dragon Age, Sims, and Simcity etc. as well